still need mechanics to remove them and stealth aids in discovery too doesn't it ? Isn't stealth also the "search" function or at least it improves it? (find more in stealth mode than non stealth with the same perception)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

It doesn't seem like it. Perception seems to be the only thing that matters for discovering things (traps, secrets).

IMHO, it's a good change because it was kind of stupid to play in stealth + fast mode turned on all the time in the first game. It is more natural when the party moves about like normal people instead of everyone sneaking in plain sight everywhere.

Stealth now only seems to matter for stealth/sneak attacks, of course, as well as being an option in some scripted scenes. And you can also solve some quests in a "sneaky" way if you have a character with good stealth skills.

Edited by Moriendor
  • Like 1

Huh! I guess I was so used to using stealthy everywhere in PoE1 I was doing ti automatically and thus never noted the difference. I'll have to check that out - it will be great to be able to just walk up to someone and talk and not risk pick pocketing them because I forgot to turn stealth off!  :lol:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Having stealth activated is no longer necessary to spot things, thank Wael.

My god, thank you for this info. I just assumed I was finding them outside of stealth because I was 2 levels (or perception) higher than the secret needed to be spotted. Like in PoE I.

No more slow mode for me!

• Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

tupid to play in stealth + fast mode turned on all the time in the first game. It is more natural when the party moves about like normal people instead of everyone sneaking in plain sight everywhere.

Stealth now only seems to matter for stealth/sneak attacks, of course, as well as being an option in some scripted scenes. And you can also solve some quests in a "sneaky" way if you have a character with good stealth skills.

Couldn't agree more. I prefer that stealth takes a more scripted role, besides the new change to stealth detection is great albeit a touch irrelevant (I would be in favour of increasing minimum sneak required to stealth effectively).

Edited by jomoroon