Area transition icons flicker and are weirdly evasive

IndiraLightfoot

Question

What the title says. They work, but it often takes some flickering whisks with my mouse to make them do what they want, and half the time this means that I accidentally set them to some open state, and then I have to make a new attempt.

Those hit boxes need to be fixed.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

16 answers to this question

I had this exact bug and the quick FPS drop bug during the beta patch but I never figured out exactly what was the trigger. The really weird thing is that both went away on their own. Are any of you using a ghostheart ranger in your party? Because all these bugs went away the second I replaced mine (a hireling) with someone else.

Edit: Just checked. Put her back into the main party, did a couple of fights and both the performance bug and the blinking area transitions came back after a couple of map changes.

Edited by srlapo

Are any of you using a ghostheart ranger in your party?

I wouldn't have even thought of this, but I'm having this bug and my main is a Ranger Ghostheart.

Going back to the main menu and reloading fixes it temporarily but I can't figure out what actually triggers the issue. It usually happens after combat, conversations, or opening and closing a menu. Either way, I'm looking forward to this being fixed because I love this game and aside from the occasional frame rate drops it was working great before today.

Going back to the main menu and reloading fixes it temporarily but I can't figure out what actually triggers the issue. It usually happens after combat, conversations, or opening and closing a menu. Either way, I'm looking forward to this being fixed because I love this game and aside from the occasional frame rate drops it was working great before today.

The only thing unique to the Ghostheart is the animal companion, so I would start by looking at that particular feature.

The interesting thing is that in the previous patch I used a  ghostheart ranger both as a hireling and as a main in different playthroughs and never had any problems, so this bug is something new to this patch.

This happens for me occasionally on the 2.0.1 beta patch, and I am NOT using a ghostheart ranger (or any other type of ranger) in my party.

EDIT: I am using two chanters that summon creatures in battle, though, and the thing that distinguish ghostheart rangers from other rangers is that their companion is a summon rather than an omnipresent party member. That's a slim correlation, but not none.

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Same here, experiencing area transition icons flicker and FPS drops/stutter.

This began right after I started a playthrough with a Ghostheart Ranger mc.

Weirdly enough, my other 40+ hours saves, that never experienced this problem before, are now affected by the issue.

I have this problem no matter who is in my party. It's not real bad for me though since I hold the highlight objects button down while trying to leave a map. It seems to help a lot.

That's a different bug. The one described here makes the icons flicker even if you hold down tab.

FYI, I do not encounter the bug if I don't summon the ghost heart pet.

I was able to play for two hours straight yesterday and no issue at all.

Whenever I summon the pet 4-5 times, the game starts to freak out.

Chanter's summons may be causing the same?

Well, I cannot say there is a correlation between summoning creatures and this issue, but considering that my output_log is over 1gb with mostly following error logged, there could be something there :)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_gameObject ()
  at Game.StatusEffectManager.HandleOnCharacterDestroyed (UnityEngine.GameObject character) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Onyx.OnyxEvent`1[unityEngine.GameObject].Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject arg1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Game.UIDebug:DisplayOnScreenWarning(OnScreenWarning, Single)
Game.UIDebug:LogOnScreenException(Exception, Department, Single)
Onyx.OnyxEvent`1:Trigger(GameObject)
Game.CharacterObjectManager:DestroyCharacter(GameObject)
Game.CharacterObjectManager:DestroyCharacter(GameObject, Single)
Game.Health:Unsummon()
Game.AIController:KillSummonedCreatures(Boolean)
Game.AIController:OnyxDisable()
Onyx.OnyxBehavior:OnDisable()

same here, flickering area-exit-toggles as well as flickering mag-glass. ghostheart-barb (MC) as well.Only workaround so far, completely shutting down the game and relaunching it, once the steam-sync is done. Frankly paying 70 € to having to restart every other encounter so far is not that much enjoyable to me. might start a tally to show the amount of ACK! to you folks.

i think this is related to the gigantic output_log (and fps drop) that occurs over time.

to clear it - exit the game completely, find the output_log (instructions in this forum for reporting a bug will tell you how) and delete it. it is probably > 1 GB in size. relaunch the game.

that works for me. have to do it every 30-45 minutes (and my recycle bin fills up with 1GB output_log files. so empty that bin and hopefully you have lots of hard drive space)

Edited by thelee