My guess would be to go either Maia or Serafen.

My thought is that Maia is pretty good at killing and interrupting casters and far away enemies all the while Aloth excels at debilitating closer enemies but less so the further those are. Thus Maia fills in a nice gap in the formation in that regard.

Serafen, being a Cipher, is pretty useful overall to control the battlefield. He has also some truly awe-inspiring single-target damage potential, if needs be.

Paladins are nice and all, but I do not necessarily like as much as I did in the first game the unique variant of Pallegina. In fact, the Kindway Farer seems much more interesting because of the healing potential, to help alleviate some of the burden of Xoti. So, well, depending on your playstyle, if you have the Kindway Farer subclass for Pallegina and if you have some difficulty with the game so far, I think Pallegina could be a great help to your formation, then.

But if not, I advocate to go with the two above.

My thought is that Maia is pretty good at killing and interrupting casters and far away enemies all the while Aloth excels at debilitating closer enemies but less so the further those are. Thus Maia fills in a nice gap in the formation in that regard.

Serafen, being a Cipher, is pretty useful overall to control the battlefield. He has also some truly awe-inspiring single-target damage potential, if needs be.

Paladins are nice and all, but I do not necessarily like as much as I did in the first game the unique variant of Pallegina. In fact, the Kindway Farer seems much more interesting because of the healing potential, to help alleviate some of the burden of Xoti. So, well, depending on your playstyle, if you have the Kindway Farer subclass for Pallegina and if you have some difficulty with the game so far, I think Pallegina could be a great help to your formation, then.

I see, do you think Serafen can do good damage? because some people say he has a bad status for a cipher.

I see, do you think Serafen can do good damage? because some people say he has a bad status for a cipher.

Of course, he can. Sure, he is not maxed out in Might, but that does not matter, now does it ? Some of the spells the Cipher has access to inflict Raw damage anyway, bypassing DR and thus without anything to mitigate damage in the first place. On top of that, with something like 14 in Might, he is not lacking by much, if you truly wanted to max out an orlan in Might.

I guess a lot of people like to mini-max the hell out of the game ; in that regard, they might even say if you do not drop Constitution, you are doing it wrong, because your Cipher should not be in harm’s way in the first place, etc. But since Pillars is designed in such a way that the only difference between any attribute score is only akin to a few percent, the power output is not affected by much. Thus, the companions, rather than being theory crafted beyond reason, to only fulfill one role and that is it, they can do a few things quite well. The stats are truly more representative of the characters themselves in that regard.

For instance, Serafen can also turn your foes against themselves or debilitate large group of enemies like Aloth quite reliably. He has good enough stats for all those things. His is versatile ; he is not a one-trick pony. His stats are not too bad either if you want to go Witch (Barbarian+Cipher) or just outright Barbarian.

So, truly, go with the character you have the most fun with, character wise. They all will get the job done, even on the highest difficulty setting. Especially right now until they spice it a bit ! :p

What's with the bloody font man?

It's hurting my eyes to even read

Speaking of the Companions, Maia is probably a decent choice for you OP, as a Scout (Ranger/Rogue).

Decent utility, good damage, she has massive perception so she crits a LOT and her birdo brings an extra body to take hits.

Serafen is kinda weak, to be honest. Very weak stat-line, with a few points in all stats. Honestly, Ydwin makes for a much better Cipher to be honest.

Edited by Juodas Varnas

Currently my party has Eder, Aloth, Xoti, I am a shifter barbarian, for the last slot in my party, which companion you guys think would be better to my party, Pallegina,Maia or Serefan?

Pallagina in Paladin/Chanter mode. Her buffs will be most beneficial for you character, and might as well help Eder.

Maia Rogue/Ranger is fair deal. Just Herald will bring more for you.

Edited by evilcat

Currently my party has Eder, Aloth, Xoti, I am a shifter barbarian, for the last slot in my party, which companion you guys think would be better to my party, Pallegina,Maia or Serefan?

Pallagina in Paladin/Chanter mode. Her buffs will be most beneficial for you character, and might as well help Eder.

Maia Rogue/Ranger is fair deal. Just Herald will bring more for you.

would it be too crowd on the front line?

would it be too crowd on the front line?

It depends on encounter. I suppose Xoti is spending more time casting from second line. She spends alot time casting.

So having bodies frontline is not issue, and often beneficial.

You could also turn Pallegina to Pikes, Staves, Rods, Acquebusar, Alabasters. However she is good front fighter (defenses)

Also Eder Swashbucker have some mobility tools like charge. So you could dedicate him to deal with casters and archers.

Or Recruit both Palegina Herald Maia Scout and just try one and another, see which works better.

Edited by evilcat