On the ship, how do I level up companions?

(adding the question here too in hope of an answer)

I still haven't figured this out. How do I actually level up my companions while on the ship?

So far I've had to go back to an Inn somewhere and swap out all companions to do it which is incredibly annoying in the long run. The reason for it is basically just for ship combat, so they're up to snuff when a battle starts.

I still haven't figured this out. How do I actually level up my companions while on the ship?

So far I've had to go back to an Inn somewhere and swap out all companions to do it which is incredibly annoying in the long run. The reason for it is basically just for ship combat, so they're up to snuff when a battle starts.

Agree.

So far the ship replacement for fort in Poe1 is just joke. I just do not understand why Obsidian is going from one extreme (Fort in Poe1) to another extreme (in PoE2).

I haven’t found a way to do that. I could use some extra ship functionality - like access to everyone’s inventory on ship and being able to level them up.

Left bottom corner of the screen while you are on the world map there are portraits of current party members and little icon right of them. It allows to switcb party members. At least on world map screen while sailing.

Switch yes, but not level them up. You have to make a landing and walk out of the boat to a pre-rendered are in order to level them up.