1:

Watershaper Druid: Free spell on each new power leves, water/frost spells are foe only (this is amazing!), loose fire/creature spells

FYI, ONLY those free spells he gets are foe-only. Other water/frost spells he gets via level-up are NOT foe-only.

This 100% confirmed?

1:

Watershaper Druid: Free spell on each new power leves, water/frost spells are foe only (this is amazing!), loose fire/creature spells

FYI, ONLY those free spells he gets are foe-only. Other water/frost spells he gets via level-up are NOT foe-only.

This 100% confirmed?

... well in my game, yes. Easy enough to test for yourself: pick Hail Storm (or something like that), cast it on yourself, then respec/reload!

Edited by hippofant

1:

This 100% confirmed?

... well in my game, yes. Easy enough to test for yourself: pick Hail Storm (or something like that), cast it on yourself, then respec/reload!

Ah well, not surprised.

Any chance you can help me on my other question on if any of Tekehus unique equipment he starts with adds any bonuses or benefits to his Chanter class?

Cheers

1:

This 100% confirmed?

Ah well, not surprised.

Any chance you can help me on my other question on if any of Tekehus unique equipment he starts with adds any bonuses or benefits to his Chanter class?

Cheers

The robe he starts with does nothing and cannot be upgraded. It looks damn cool though so I let him keep it for the whole game :D

The rod only serves to increase water/ice power levels by two. I did not dig too much into his chanter version, but I believe he gets free spells that can be cast as invocations, and I think some of those are water/ice. But it would benefit his druid spells more.

1:

This 100% confirmed?

Ah well, not surprised.

Cheers

The robe he starts with does nothing and cannot be upgraded. It looks damn cool though so I let him keep it for the whole game :D

The rod only serves to increase water/ice power levels by two. I did not dig too much into his chanter version, but I believe he gets free spells that can be cast as invocations, and I think some of those are water/ice. But it would benefit his druid spells more.

Cheers for the responses

1:

thats not true, all spells that contain water or frost(if i remember correct) descriptor get this, even from chanter bonus invocations, wave was friendly when multiclassed, and will  probably work with water/frost scrolls

Edited by divjak

1:

thats not true, all spells that contain water or frost(if i remember correct) descriptor get this, even from chanter bonus invocations, wave was friendly when multiclassed, and will  probably work with water/frost scrolls

Tekehu hits my party with water/frost druid spells I picked (Overwhelming Wave) but not with the free wizard spells he gets (Ninagauth's pulse pillar).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1:

Tekehu hits my party with water/frost druid spells I picked (Overwhelming Wave) but not with the free wizard spells he gets (Ninagauth's pulse pillar).

I'm having this same issue. Based on the wording, and on further testing I really think the people that are claiming anything other than his free spells are foe only are misremembering. Not a single frost or water spell other than the free ones are foe only in my game. They are all red aoes, whereas the free spells are yellow. The wording makes it seems as if this is intended as well. It specifically states

learns select water shaper spells at new power levels

directly following that,

frost and water spells cast THIS WAY are foe only

Seems pretty clear to me, the only reason I called it into question is several people here stating otherwise but unless I see it on video I don't buy it.

Edited by sinosleep

As Druid he's got a unique Rod, which is really decent, adds Power level to Water / Frost?  

​I went pure Druid with him, I'm sure any works fine.  By the time he can self Brilliance with Chanter, having 'infinite' refilling pools is kinda meh, since why are things alive long enough for you to need that?