1: What are Tekehu's unique subclasses for Druid and Chanter, and what do they offer?

2: Does Tekehu come with any items that add to the Chanter class? (I.E Xotis Lantern that adds a bonus to the Monk Class)

3: Would i be missing out of i went full Druid for him?

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

1:

Watershaper Druid: Free spell on each new power leves, water/frost spells are foe only (this is amazing!), loose fire/creature spells

Stormspeaker Chanter: Free invocation on each new power level, loose summon invocations

2:

no

3:

yes ^^ Chanter chants are great, and so are invocations. Its also a renewable resource that never runs out. Druid high-level spells are good, but the selection is not very big and further reduced by the watershaper specialization.

Edited by pstone
  • Like 1

1:

Watershaper Druid: Free spell on each new power leves, water/frost spells are foe only (this is amazing!), loose fire/creature spells

Stormspeaker Chanter: Free invocation on each new power level, loose summon invocations

2:

no

3:

yes ^^ Chanter chants are great, and so are invocations. Its also a renewable resource that never runs out. Druid high-level spells are good, but the selection is not very big and further reduced by the watershaper specialization.

If I mentioned that my main is Chanter- Skald, would I now be missing out if I made Tekehu a full druid?

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

1:

2:

no

3:

If I mentioned that my main is Chanter- Skald, would I now be missing out if I made Tekehu a full druid?

Cheers

Multiple chants are also quite worthwile tactically, and his chanter class is quite good. But its not really that different from other chanters, so  you wouldn't miss out (and get to experience the last two levels of druid which are unavailable to multiclass characters).

Edited by pstone

You won't be missing on by making him full caster. Even with his terrible stat allocation he is best back line offensive caster in the game due to his unique spells and them being Foe-only aoe. He has a lot of them but Chill Fog specifically is crazy good.

• Like 1

he makes for a better druid/chanter than MC with those perks, enough said, pretty disgusting. *well at least due to the druid his chanter can't summon.

now the serafan companion on the other hand is trash because of funky stat distribution and meh subclass. 

also Maia makes a better pure ranger at least than the MC because of her unique subclass and pet.

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

I won't say anything but this.

Tekehu = pure Druid, going multi or even worse pure chanter is a mistake you will regret.

Between the "real thing" and the "indistinguishable fake" which is worth more?

-Of course, the real thing worth more.

-They have equal value.

-The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real,

its more "real" than the real thing.

~The choice is yours~

Tekehu = pure Druid, going multi or even worse pure chanter is a mistake you will regret.

Disagree. He brings much more to the party as multi-class and it's not even close.

If I were building him for shark-shift, then pure Druid only for the 3rd tier wild strike. His best water spell is chill fog by far, but his chanter benefits easily outweigh what you give up in the druid tree. 

Disagree. He brings much more to the party as multi-class and it's not even close.

If I were building him for shark-shift, then pure Druid only for the 3rd tier wild strike. His best water spell is chill fog by far, but his chanter benefits easily outweigh what you give up in the druid tree. 

Well I am guessing you are mainly speaking for Chants as benefits since there aren't that many invocations that outweigh the priority of using them before druid spells ( correct me if I am wrong )  and by the time you exhausted all your druid resources "usually" the fight has ended. 

Well if we are indeed mainly labeling the benefits as Chants then I have to say you don't get any good ones until late game. The only one that might worth it prior late game is the lvl 10 chant which gives deflection but it will be usually be suppressed by your's party melee active/passive abilities that give more deflection, so not so much worth it.

I don't see that many benefits justifying maiming your progression as a druid.

Edited by Spoting

-They have equal value.

~The choice is yours~

Foe only ice/water spells he gets are great, yeah. Druid spells are kinda crap imo, except the 9th level, when he starts wiping screens almost on par with wizards. Honestly, opening from stealth simultaneous Meteor Shower + Great Maelstorm (you could even empower them) does completely utterly dusgusting damage that kills almost every enemy instantly.

• Like 1

Well I am guessing you are mainly speaking for Chants as benefits since there aren't that many invocations that outweigh the priority of using them before druid spells ( correct me if I am wrong )  and by the time you exhausted all your druid resources "usually" the fight has ended. 

Well if we are indeed mainly labeling the benefits as Chants then I have to say you don't get any good ones until late game. The only one that might worth it prior late game is the lvl 10 chant which gives deflection but it will be usually be suppressed by your's party melee active/passive abilities that give more deflection, so not so much worth it.

I don't see that many benefits justifying maiming your progression as a druid.

Your argument basically boils down to the game is too easy. You can't just handwave the utility of chants, which are extremely useful even if you have other chanters in the party. Even ignoring the FREE invocations Tek gets as multi-class, Self/AOE Brilliant trumps anything power level 8 or 9 Druid adds to the encounter. 

I handwave the utility of chants up to lvl 5 which is a lot of game time for multiclass builds. I dont see them anywhere near as extremely useful. Generally multiclassing Caster/Chanter is kinda a bad idea in my perspective.

But will not argue about your last statement.

-They have equal value.

~The choice is yours~

I handwave the utility of chants up to lvl 5 which is a lot of game time for multiclass builds. I dont see them anywhere near as extremely useful. Generally multiclassing Caster/Chanter is kinda a bad idea in my perspective.

But will not argue about your last statement.

A lot of game time is subjective, but the crux of your argument was someone regretting going multi-class with Tekehu, which seems silly as you can access chill fog very early as multi. 

Well you got me there, it was .. let's say.. a passionate response from my side.

Just wanted to motivate people choosing pure druids( and now that I reread my original reply saying that you will also regret playing pure chanter tekehu is the dumbest which is certainly not something you will regret). 

Clear skies, traveler.

-They have equal value.

~The choice is yours~

1:

FYI, ONLY those free spells he gets are foe-only. Other water/frost spells he gets via level-up are NOT foe-only.

What is Tekehu`s starting weapon? And is his starting weapon unique?

Cheers

He has a rod with a bouncing attack and that can be upgraded to give more power levels on water and ice spells.

Watershaper focus is the name.

What is Tekehu`s starting weapon? And is his starting weapon unique?

Cheers

He has a rod with a bouncing attack and that can be upgraded to give more power levels on water and ice spells.

Watershaper focus is the name.

Cheers.

Does any of his equipment add any bonuses for his Chanter class?