Bastilla and Revan in love in KOTOR 2?

Who wants to see Bastilla and Revan as an item?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to see Bastilla and Revan as an item?

• Me
    • Not me
    • I don't really care
    • I wanna see a female Revan and Carth together

Well, although you won't be playing Revan again, it would be sweet (not trying to be cheesy here, but still) if you find out they were as part of the story line. Well, it doubt it would happen if they are dark side (Sith apprentice have a habit of overthrowing or attempting to overthrow their masters eventually), but they should have a chance for it in light side. Or maybe neutral side? I know Jedi's aren't supposed to love, but hey Luke Skywalker fell in love with a girl in the extended Star Wars universe. Is KOTOR considered extended as well? Thoughts?

I'm not sure it would be a good idea for Obsidian to make it "officially shown" that Revan and Bastila are an "item".

A lot of people disliked Bastila and didn't want the romance angle. So forcing a romance on them would probably bring about some angry KOTOR2 fans.

I think if both Revan and Bastila are appearing in TSL, it'd be best if their relationship is "ambiguous". For instance, if they appear together, Obsidian should probably exploit the "master-apprentice" relationship as the reason they're together, instead of a romantic one. That way, those who want them to be romantically involved are happy since they're together, and those who don't want a romance are also happy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure it would be a good idea for Obsidian to make it "officially shown" that Revan and Bastila are an "item".

A lot of people disliked Bastila and didn't want the romance angle.  So forcing a romance on them would probably bring about some angry KOTOR2 fans.

I think if both Revan and Bastila are appearing in TSL, it'd be best if their relationship is "ambiguous".  For instance, if they appear together, Obsidian should probably exploit the "master-apprentice" relationship as the reason they're together, instead of a romantic one.  That way, those who want them to be romantically involved are happy since they're together, and those who don't want a romance are also happy.

Umm what's the reason for all the hate? Besides, those don't play as Revan anymore, they got their own new character in TSL to play whom they can choose to have romance or not. Revan and the rest of the old crew should be free for the storyline makers to decide, IMHO. I sure want to see them as an item, and a lot of KOTOR fans would want it too. The majority I bet, if you check the Bioware forums. Maybe we can do a poll? But I think in the end it should be up to the storyline makers to decide. They did an awsome job so far.

And btw- I heard that some ppl played Revan as a female in KOTOR, that she could have a relationship with Carth, just so it ain't a sexist thing I guess.

We should first determine whether Revan is male or female... I played a female pc in kotor, so I later on found myself with a female Revan.

Hypothetically assuming a male Revan, I would find disgusting a Revan-Bastila romance, and I hope that won't happen.

-cheers-

could happen if you tell what happened in kotor in the begining of the game. i give it a 60 percent chance of happening.

Yeah I agree. I think it will come down to how you answer certain questions in the begining of the game. It said in OXM your answers to these questions will determine if Revan was a male or female and which characters will be making cameos in TSL.

Cheers!

Umm what's the reason for all the hate?

I don't know. I just know that a lot of people didn't like Bastila. I'm not one of them, as every time I played through I did the Bastila/Revan romance. But I'm just saying that if it's forced upon us, then the people that didn't like Bastila or the romance will be upset.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think they should be an item.

I may be biased about this, as i always did the romance angle as a male character. (as mentioned in a seperate post)

I believe that in the quetions u r asked at the start of the game, u will get to choose whether they became an item or not. (depending on answer of course). This should pls evry1.

Anyway, to me, romances seem to be a starwars tradition. Heres a few:

Han Solo and Leia Organa

Anakin SkyWalker and Padme Amidala

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade

This is 1 reason i think they should be an item.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

FYI, this thread will not be allowed further speculation into that.  :)

In response to...

Bastila and a femal Revan, Hmm....

Why not? Besides with, though I didn't trigger it (or the one with Carth for that matter) apparently Juhani develops feelings for female Revan as well as male in KOTOR.

I'll go ahead and answer it here rather than in a PM.

Due to this forum's tendency to indulge in flamewars, I think it would be best if such subject matter were not discussed on the boards themselves. I see it quickly degenerating into one huge mess.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I'll go ahead and answer it here rather than in a PM.

Due to this forum's tendency to indulge in flamewars, I think it would be best if such subject matter were not discussed on the boards themselves.  I see it quickly degenerating into one huge mess.

It makes sense. I was concerned that it was an issue with the subject matter, but as long as it's about the reaction that some people would have about the subject matter then it's kosher.

• 1 month later...

Think it could be done in the means of letting when first conversation with bastilla takes place let player choose their past relationship.

This way people who dislike the romances could choose they were jedi friends or companions, and the one that liked the romance would let them see.

I dont think jedi cant fall in love is a issue, skywalker did with Mara, and beside if character already face the dark side and overcome it i dont see how it wont be possible for them.

And to the play boy remark, there a difference between romance and erotics, in my opion at least. :cool:

Yeah, this is a Star Wars game after all, not a kinky cheesy Playboy mansion game.  :)

now theres an idea :p

Yes it's an idea but not for a present day computer game unless someone's invented Star Trek like holodeck technology without telling me.

Think it could be done in the means of letting when first conversation with bastilla takes place let player choose their past relationship.

This way people who dislike the romances could choose they were jedi friends or companions, and the one that liked the romance would let them see.

I dont think jedi cant fall in love is a issue, skywalker did with Mara, and beside if character already face the dark side and overcome it i dont see how it wont be possible for them.

It would be cool to see what's become of the Bastilla/Revan or even Carth Revan romances in the game but only if the developers can handle itmaturely.

immaturely?

think he meant maturely and not a classic blooper, since side things often tend to become as such.

But if player decided their part relationship naturally people would be able to choose, then everyone gets what they want.

Let it be a incounter option, to place info in talk that would generate a result from that, so it become player choice.