Which talents and spells do you pick for Serafin or another ranged cipher that is part of the group?

There is a cipher talent that increases spell penetration - does this apply to all spells outside of raw damage (because some spells don't have penetration values for example soul shock or soul ignition while mind blade / mind lance do?)

Which spells do you think are useful?

Deciding also between mind blades and soul shock as a spammable.... mind blades does less damage but the range/jump is really nice...in a lot of fights enemies seem to be scattered all over the place a lot of times....

I am also wondering if its worth taking things like silent scream or mental binding in addition to whispers of treason - because you can just whisper of treason everything and its basically "stunned/paralyzed" as well....(unless it has specific charmed resistances)

Pain link and borrowed instincts seem the best buffs...

any other tips / thoughts?

For damage, I pretty much went Mind Blades -> Silent Scream -> Amplified Wave. On beefier targets, Soul Ignition and Disintegration are good as well.

You are correct on Body Attunement, Borrowed Instinct are very good debuff/buffs, and Pain Block is very good as well.

I am currently 16 and a single class Ascendant, so Time Parasite is my jam. I have enough focus to use it at the start of battle in stealth and immediate attack out of it, and end up ascended in no time. With 0% armor and dual wielding, recovery time on those 0.5 (-50% from time parasite) second spells lets you spam them out. I am able to keep huge areas permanently prone while doing 110 damage every 2s or so.