Bugs - Various I haven't seen listed so far.

ClockworkPenguin

Question

Updating this to make it easier to read and so it isn't just a big wall of text.

Note: I will only be adding things to this list that I have personally experienced or have been able to replicate, unless enough people confirm that they have also experienced an issue I haven't added. It's my thread, so it's my credibility on the line (for what it's worth). Also, this thread is not for typo's, there's already a pinned thread for that.

AI Customization:

1.) There is no option for "At least 4 Guile". There are however options for 1, 2, 3, and 5 Guile.

2.) There are no options for "if (specific Inspiration)". For example, I'm wanting to set Eder with an action to use Charge on the largest group of enemies every six seconds, so long as he has at least 5 Disciple AND the "Brilliant" Inspiration. You can set it so that he only does this if he has an "Intelligence Inspiration", but not for a specific one - which completely changes how the gameplay works (Brilliant Inspiration is OP).

3.) There is no option to have characters automatically empower abilities or themselves. For example, you cannot set a trigger for Maia to use Empower on herself if she has less than 2 Bond.

Cheats:

1.) AddExperienceToActiveCrew (xp) produces no effect.

2.) Choosing to surrender in naval combat with infinite food and/or drink (from CraftingDebug) causes the game to instantly crash, with no crash/bug report popup. Placed this here, because it's more cheat than naval bug.

Combat:

1.) Occasionally when an enemy is killed by a damage over time effect (such as Plague of Insects), the enemy will not "die". They'll continue to attack you, but you wont be able to attack back or leave combat. Running away, changing zones and returning to the combat location will reset the creatures as "dead" so you can actually loot them. - This has happened to me most frequently with the "Grubs" in the ruins under the Gullet.

2.) Occasionally when killing a Druid that's under the effects of Spiritshift, when the target dies they'll revert back to "kith" form and just stand there idly. They're dead, and can be looted.. but it is rather creepy to see. This also may be tied to the same "death by DoT" issue as listed above. - This happened to me 3/7 attempts when fighting the "Seasonal" Bog Druids. Twice with Spring, and once with Autumn.

3.) Maia will sometimes shoot and stun herself when equipped with various unique arquebus'.

4.) When/If dualwielding pistols, the character equipped will sometimes get stuck in an endless reloading loop after the fight, with the only ways I've found to correct the issue is to completely unequip both weapons, or swap them out, and then reequip them.

5.) If another character scores the final kill in a combat while the Monk is still invisible from using Whispers of the Wind, the Monk will become permanently invisible. Rather useful for sneaking, but I doubt this was intentional. I've had this happen at least 3-4 times already. Only way I've found to correct the issue is to reload a previous save, as the invisibility persists through resting, world map travel, searching an area (tried this since searching is already bugged, and removes food/resting buffs), and even switching party members. Did this with a Monk Xoti, and now have a very pretty "Ghost Xoti" chilling on my ship. Thankfully I was able to reload a previous save and just disable her from using the skill anymore. Which sucks, beings as this is one of the capstone Monk abilities.

Creatures:

1.) ALL Flame Naga have ZERO armor/resistance to Fire attacks, rather than immunity or extreme resistance to Fire (at least on PotD difficulty). I've now checked in multiple locations - Sunbeam wrecks them, when it likely shouldn't do anything but blind them.

2.) Most ball shaped "spirit" enemies have extremely wonky stealth detection. "Will-o'-wisps" have a tiny arrow shaped stealth detection zone. The unstable spirits in Rymargands mini area have a similar shaped stealth detection range, however theirs are actually pointed behind them.

Gameplay (General):

1.) You cannot pause the game with the map open.

2.) Retraining a character's skills (for any character, be they the Watcher, a Companion, Sidekick or Hireling) causes you to lose access to level one skill choices and weapon proficiencies, as well as causes the Watcher to lose all skills/abilities learned from "training".

3.) When hiring a Hireling, they will often "skip" levels during the initial skill selection process, losing out on skills and weapon proficiencies.

4.) When hiring a level one hireling, they will sometimes hire at level three, but still only get a single skill point (or a single skill point in each class, if multiclassed) and a single weapon proficiency.

5.) When leveling up, if you have a weapon set in the third (or fourth) weapon set slot (from Arms Bearer, and/or from a few armor upgrades) the items will unequip themselves and be placed in that characters personal inventory.

6.) [Resolved but still needs updating] Various skills and abilities are influenced by passive and/or active skills, however these effects are not listed in the skills description. For example, Plague of Insects (Druid), Malignant Cloud (Wizard) and Noxious Burst (Wizard) each gain a Power Level per rank of Alchemy, however this effect is not listed anywhere.

7.) While I know the whole.. companion disposition/relationships is being reworked, I'm still adding this since most comments I see about it involve Xoti and Pallegina. Relationships need to be reworked. Aloth can go from no opinion (0) to hate (-2) with Teheku in just a single conversation - with the prince - in which Tekehu makes only two "prideful" comments.

8.) When searching various locations on the world map (shipwrecks, burial mounds, battlefields, etc) you will lose "rested" bonuses (from camping with food, resting at an inn, prostitutes, drinking from the magic pool on the Northwestern-most island, etc). These bonuses are lost even if you only search the location a single time. (Credit to Chaoticlusts and Alienka for determining what was actually causing the rested bonus loss)

9.) Often times various equipment bonuses will become "locked" onto a character or the party. This seems to most often happen with items/weapons that provide a "stacking" effect, such as Scordeo's Edge (Sabre) with the "Adaptive" upgrade - the stacking accuracy bonus will often become permanent. Though this can also happen from various other means. Switching equipped pets can sometimes cause the pet party bonus to become permanent. And sometimes weapon bonuses will appear on characters who have never used them, such as Serafen receiving bonuses from Hand Mortar despite removing all ranged weapons from him as soon as he is recruited (I play him as a Witch, so not much need for guns).

10.) Rangers have no skill or ability that restores class resources (Bond), yet are the class that needs it the most. Maia for example, I have her set to basically only use Heal/Hardy Companion, and only basic attacks or Rogue/Wizard abilities depending on which multiclass option I picked for her. Paladins get Zealous Triumph (on kill - and can even be taken as a multiclass character) and Divine Retribution (on ally downed), Barbarians get Blood Surge (on kill) and get refunds with Barbaric Smash (on kill), Fighters get Toughened Fury (on received critical hit) and Unrelenting (on self downed), and Rogues get Gambit (which, with Blunderbuss is literally infinite Guile). I don't include Monks because Wounds are a renewable resource, or spellcasters as they get significantly more "uses" per combat than any other class anyway.

11.) ****erel Forest, Egno's Thicket, a Ruined Tower, a fruit location and a water pond are all completely inaccessible. All North of Crookspur. As there is no "back exit" from Crookspur, or beach to land at on the world map. Unless of course you get teleported to this area by a quest or something that I haven't found/accessed yet.

Gameplay (Naval):

1.) Occasionally injured crew will completely stop healing - and stop using medicine stock - if you switch surgeons before they're fully healed. - This can be fixed by switching them completely back to the "Known Sailors" section and then bringing them back to the resting quarters.

2.) Occasionally the game will not recognize crew being injured by using the "Charge!" option to skip the whole.. naval combat part and get right to the killing of people, if the crew member who was injured was already in the below deck reserve section. The game will not update the number of injured crew at the top of the screen, they will not heal or consume medicine. This can be fixed by simply moving them to a different slot while still in the reserve section... usually.

3.) When running into one of the various storms around the map (any of them), NOT choosing to assign positions and just charging straight in will almost completely avoid any mishaps. i.e. not choosing to waste a grappling hook to secure the helmsman, the helmsman will have ZERO risk of getting thrown overboard. The only mishap I've ever had happen doing this was ONE fire, which, since I'm playing a Lifegiver Druid, I was just able to cast Moonwell and completely avoid any problems.

4.) (More of an imbalance rather than a bug) When getting into naval combat, choosing "Charge!" rather than entering the naval combat minigame and, well, just "Full speed ahead" spamming to ram them results in HUGE damage to your ship and a MINIMUM of 3-5 injured crew members (more can be injured from the deck combat afterwards), and like 20-30 sail damage + 30-50(ish) hull damage. Yet, entering the minigame and just spamming "Full speed ahead" and ramming them... generally you only take about 8 hull damage from the ram itself. Most of the time, that's the only damage I even take, unless I'm fighting one of those Longboats up North since they have that front mounted cannon. But even then, end of the fight I've still generally taken less than 30 hull damage, compared to the absolutely MASSIVE damage you take to both hull/sails and crew from just choosing to skip it.

5.) Crew members who are skilled in more than one job seem to be completely unable to reach rank 4 in any job. The only crew I've been able to get rank 4 in any job have been Rum..whatever-his-name-is as a deckhand, Worthless Idiot as my Navagator, and Llengwith as helmsman. This is including crew members who have been in literally every ship battle, every map event, and even Irrena who I have as my Cook who constantly spams games of Orlans Head (free money is free) is still locked at rank 3 of Cook, I'm assuming because she also has the one rank of Deckhand. That Boatswain Dwarf you get at the start of the game, yup.. he's still only rank 3 Boatswain, and I assume its because he has one rank of Helmsman.

6.) (Doesn't make any sense) Why does assigning an unskilled crew member to a ship position not cause them to become a Novice after they've done it awhile? Generally speaking, if you preform a skill you're not skilled at for awhile, you become.. you know, skilled at it? (Sorry, I just really want a ship full of freaks - Worthless Idiot, Birta, Big Mouth, and the few Godlike I've been able to find, for example).

7.) In naval combat if you damage an enemy ship and they (or you) flee, the enemy vessel will get a full heal and restock of ammo and crew, meanwhile any damage they did to you will persist (and you'll take a moral penalty if you ran and the game thinks that they were an "inferior opponent"), and the enemy ship will spawn just a few meters away allowing them to simply reengage you again and again with hit and run tactics, fully healing any damage you did to them between each fight while they slowly whittle you down. I wish I had magic 2* deckhands who can instantly repair my ship like that.

8.) In naval combat, if you choose to resolve the conflict by boarding them rather than sinking them, you don't get any ship supplies (repair supplies, medicine and/or cannonballs) upon victory. I can understand not getting any, or at least very few, if you sink them since most of the supplies would have been consigned to the depth. But in boarding you killed the whole crew, grab there flag, triumph, money, clothes and weapons.. yet, completely ignore the 190/200 cannonballs that they still had? Doesn't make much sense.

9.) (Needs rebalancing) This may only apply to PotD difficulty, as I haven't advanced very far on any lower difficulty, but medicine consumption for injured crew desperately needs rebalancing. At present, medicine is consumed at a rate of 5 units of medicine per injured crew per day, with a minimum of 2 crew being injured from a single cannon shot that hits crew members. Currently the Junk is the ship that can hold the largest amount of supplies (200 medicine). With a 3* surgeon (the best I've been able to find/level), injuries still persist for an average of 6-9 days (charred skin and broken bone, respectively). This means that a single cannon shot that hits crew members can deplete nearly half of the largest ships entire medicine supply, as you'll consume 60-90 medicine (for 2 charred skin or 2 broken bone, respectively) from a single shot that hits crew. Obviously more, if more crew are injured or a lower skill surgeon is used (or the shot hit your surgeon, which I've had happen several times).

10.) Rock-Stomper Rodul (Ship "Goat's Horn" - Galleon) begins naval combat with 0/130 hull points, and can be sunk by a single cannon hit. I checked three times on one character, however on doing a separate playthrough the ship had normal hull points.

11.) Sinking a ship with a damage over time effect (deck fire, flooding, etc) will often result in the ship not despawning, allowing you to attack them again. Ships that are not actively hostile to you will simply sail off as usual, allowing you to "loot them" multiple times as well as gain experience for your crew multiple times. Actively hostile ships (Slavers, BIB, etc) will simply attack you again immediately (since they're right on top of you) causing you to lose out on the "bonus loot" and experience for the first sink.

12.) Many ships seem to start combat with only partial hull and/or sail points (-5 max sail points is usually the most common). However, if they (or you) flee the combat, if re-engaged this damage is "healed" along with all the rest of the magic healing ships other than yours get for a combat flee.

13.) "Crew" on NPC ships cannot actually be killed by cannon fire, only "injured" which can be stabilized by there surgeon. I checked this by destroying various enemy ships sails so they could not escape, and then only attacking with grapeshot after everyone was "stabilized". Rinse and repeat for over 100 cannon shots, most often doing "4 damage to above deck crew" each, not a single enemy crewman was lost. Can I have invincible crewmen too?

14.) Non "kith" crew appear to never participate in ship/crew events. For example, Birta and Worthless Idiot, despite clearly being able to speak, appear to never be involved in the "Silverfish" ship event. Mother Sharp-Rock, despite raising her to rank 3 deckhand, appears to never be the one to rescue someone during the "Kith overboard" event during a storm. Not sure about Big Mouth, as he's just purchased with no correlating event attached to him, though I haven't seen him "speak" in any ship event. And I have not tested with Copperhead, beings as due to the crew rank issue, it's currently impossible to even get him rank 3 in any job, so he's currently useless.

15.) Crew performing a "job" (fixing torn sails, deck fire or sails on fire, for example) are completely immune to damage. You'd think that crew working on any of these jobs would actually be more vulnerable to grapeshot, rather than immune to it. I don't include damaged hull, flooding or loose cargo, as those are below deck "jobs", which would be more aimed at regular cannonball shots, rather than grapeshot - making them more difficult to confirm. Though I'm assuming they're equally as invincible. Thankfully this seems to also extend to your own crew as well.

16.) The party event to ask Serafen to be "at your side" during a storm (giving +5 moral) appears to only be available once. After using it on a single storm, the option to ask Serafen to be "at your side" never appears again.

17.) The party event to ask Maia to send Ishi to scout a storm is horribly inaccurate. Maia will often state "It'll take us about a day to get around" the storm, yet, even with the Watcher being max captain rank, a rank 4 helmsman, a rank 4 navigator, a rank 3 boatswain (the highest I've been able to find - Beodul), 4 rank 4 deckhands and a fifth deckhand at rank 3... it still generally averages being 5-8 days. When she says "It'll take us about a week to get around this" is at least slightly more accurate, as those generally take 7-10 days.

Items and Equipment:

1.) When under the effects of a Captains Banquet, despite it stating the effects as making you immune to Intellgence, Perception and Resolve afflictions, you can still be Blinded (and Stunned).

2.) SEVERAL unique items have effects that have a "0% chance to do (thing)", with no descriptor of how to raise that % chance. I've tried setting various skills as high as 100, or all the way down to 0, just to see if anything affected the % chance to produce an effect but nothing seems to raise the % rating and the item doesn't list any way to increase it in either the effect description or the item description itself. "The Scepter of Wael" comes to mind, since it comes with an effect like that baked in "0% chance to cast a random Illusion spell on enemy on Hit". One of the upgrades does a similar, but better, effect.. however it's also locked at being a 0% chance to produce the effect.

3.) (Needs more clarity) Most unique items come with two sets of mutually exclusive upgrades, but at present there is no way of knowing which two upgrades are incompatible with one another except by trial and error. "Rust's Poignard" for example can be upgraded with either "Shank" or "Twist the Knife", but not both. There needs to be a way to reflect that these two upgrades are incompatible with one another. Also, which skill the overwrite (if any) also needs to be reflected.

4.) Watershaper's Focus (Teheku's weapon) - Getting the "Master Shaper" upgrade, and then the "Ondra's Wrath" upgrade allows the "Master Shaper" upgrade to be added again - though Ondra's Wrath does overwrite "Master Shaper" - allowing you to get a total of +3 Power Levels to Water and Frost. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

5.) Xoti's Lantern (Xoti's shield) - "Light of the Dawnstar" and "Threshing Aura" are both permanently grayed out, even if you have the required materials for the upgrade. You can still upgrade the quality as normal, however.

6.) Three Bells Through (Unique Arquebus) - All shots from this weapon are "AoE", and can hit allies. However this effect is not listed anywhere in the weapons description. Also, if used by a Ranger with Driving Fight skill, if the "bounce" hits another enemy (or ally) it will cause the aoe line attack to travel back and hit the shooter 100% of the time - Poor, poor Maia.

7.) Hand Mortar (Serafan's Blunderbuss) - The passive abilities, and additional passive abilities gained from upgrades to the weapon, will occasionally appear on Serafan even if he doesn't have the weapon equipped. Indeed, these abilities sometimes show up on Serafan with the weapon just sitting in your stash.

8.) Scordeo's Edge (Unique Sabre) - "Highwayman: +0% Accuracy with Ranged weapons for 0.0 seconds on scoring a Hit (stacks 0 times)"

9.) Saint's War Armor (Eder) - Cannot be dyed

10.) Aloth's Leather Armor (Aloth) - Cannot be dyed

11.) Serafen's Padded Mail (Serafen) - Cannot be dyed

12.) Sharpshooter's Garb (Maia) - Cannot be dyed

13.) Five Suns Breastplate (Pallegina) - Cannot be dyed

Skills and Abilities:

1.) The Fighter skill Armored Grace does not actually reduce armor penalty by 25% as it's supposed to. For light armor (Padded, Leather and Hide) Armored Grace only reduces armor penalty by 13%. For medium armor (Breastplate, Mail and Scale) Armored Grace only reduces the armor penalty by 16%. And for heavy armor (Brigandine and Plate) Armored Grace only reduces the armor penalty by 21%.

2.) Multiclass Soul Blade (Cipher) characters gain Concentration and max focus increase from non-Cipher spell kills, not just from weapon kills as is stated is supposed to occur in the sub-class description (I hate reporting this one, since I admittedly have been abusing the heck out of it).

3.) Watershaper (Tekehu Druid) - "Frost and Water spells cast this way are Foe Only." - Winter Wind and Hail Storm are both Frost spells on the Druid spell list that cast as aoe, and can still harm allies (I assume this also holds true for Overwhelming Wave, a Water spell, though I didn't pick it up to verify - playing him as Druid+Chanter so the spell is redundant). Yes, I am aware that Teheku's automatically learned spells are technically there own unique spells (i.e. "Chill_Fog_Watershaper"), given that both of his classes have there own unique skill trees entirely, I don't see how/why he didn't get his own versions of those spells as well. Oversight, perhaps?

4.) "Brilliant" Inspiration (from "Set To Their Purpose" Invocation - Chanter) is hilariously OP. That is all.

Visuals:

1.) If you make port in Port Maje with a Junk as your ship, when viewing your ship from the docks the ships cannons are backwards.

2.) All default hostile npc's who enter The Pickled Eel - including Zulka - after you speak to Copperhead. Enemy stealth detection cone (vision) is not the default...what, 60 degree cone(?), but rather they have "vision" detection in all directions EXCEPT the cone in front of them.

Quests:

(Placeholder)

Resolved:

(Placeholder)

Requests/Suggestions:

1.) Can we PLEASE get respawning "generic" (preferably hostile) ships? Maybe some Xuirips on war rafts also, for example? I'm noticing that Deadfire may be falling into the same problem that PoE1 had, in that there's only a finite number of enemies in the game... Sometimes you don't want to quest, all you want to do is just go around randomly killing stuff and collecting mass generic LEWT. That's what truly enjoying a game is all about. When you don't want to "finish" the game. You want to keep playing. But you can't do that when there's nothing left to kill.

2.) (Quality of life) If you use a consumable in a fight (potions, scrolls, grenades, etc) and have additional stock in your stash of that item, that/those items should be refilled from your stock after the fight - that way you don't need to spend ten minutes sifting through your hoard of loot just to replace a spent potion or used grenade after every fight.

Updated 5/26

Edited by ClockworkPenguin
  • Like 5

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

Updated (again)

More arms and armor issues, and Soul Blade non-Cipher spell kills

Added "Skills and Abilities", updated "Items" tab to "Items and Equipment" to cover a wider field.

SEVERAL unique items have effects that have a "0% chance to do (thing)"

I'm fairly sure the bug involved in this one is simply a UI bug not a mechanics one.

I've been using The Scepter of Wael as a main weapon for quite a while in my campaign and despite the 0% chance it procs plenty.  Hell in the first battle I used it in it proc'd at least twice (it's easy to miss certain proc's so could have been more).   

Just a tip for anyone using that, the random illusions it proc's include AoE's and will hit party members if the original ability does. So it's very Wael :p, personally I kinda love it :). Certainly a better positive negative trade than my suicidal psychic 'wild mage' :(

Also great thread :)

Might contribute some I've run into if that's ok? The majority should be easy to confirm especially if you hoard saves like I do >_<

Gameplay

Not sure if this is intentional or not but it seems weirdly arbitrary and unclear if it is.  You lose all your rested food/inn/'other' :p buffs when you search a location for loot.  I know a lot of time can pass while searching (although sometimes it's just a single 2 hour search and done) but given you can travel literally for days/weeks and keep your buffs normally... Like I said it seems arbitrary so bug?

Somehow my entire party has got the pet Mirri's 10% of crits converted to hits buff permanently, She's unequipped and has been for dozens of hours and I also get my current pets buff on top of it. I'm not certain what's causing it except maybe swapping party members in and out or the buffs being active when you recruit the characters as Tekehu, Maia and Pallegina who aren't in my active party all have another permanent pet buff on top of the previous one (which would also match the pet I was using when I recruited them).  I know this maybe difficult to confirm so may not make your list but still thought it worth mentioning here :)

Combat

Again not sure if this is a bug or intended but while weapons don't add their accuracy (understandably) to spell casting, shields do add their penalty to it.

Occasionally AoE's seem to re-target themselves, I believe it happens when the caster is moved by another effect but the cast itself isn't interrupted (or they are still waiting for recovery to finish) I've got to assume this is a bug as it generally seems to target the nearest enemy or similar to cast which usually means bombing your front line with a fireball :(

Items

Equipment effects seem to appear in the character stats screen arbitrarily, this along with some not working as intended can make it very hard to determine if an item is broken or not.  Example being Serafen's Cipher's Shackle, the 'Shattered Chains' effect does not display in the character screen and seems to only have a chance of proccing.  I had to lob several spells at poor Serafen while watching the combat log to make sure he was getting any benefit from it at all (he was, it definitely works)

Thundercrack Pistol's 'Charged Field' upgrade states any ally or enemy within it's aura with a shield or wearing medium armour or higher will receive a 15% penalty to action speed and -5 melee accuracy..  First, this does not affect allies and second it's listed as a beneficial effect on enemies (it definitely penalises their accuracy, not sure about their action speed as that's slightly harder to check)

If anyone other than the main character has Modwyr equipped and you go to the ship deck (as in wander around by yourself with no party members) you lose the ability to talk to Modwyr permanently.  This ones rather frustrating when an unexpected event happens at sea that ends with you back on the ship rather than world map :(.

Quests

The last part of Serafens quest 'A Sorcerer and a Gentleman' seems to be completely broken for everyone (this is an acknowledged bug though, not sure if you are adding those or not?) 

When you leave Sayuka after talking with Remaro you are accosted by Mulnaj. Once you finish this fight no bodies are lootable, no conversations happen.. Everyone just stands around and you have to use the usual 'back to the world map' button you get when wandering around your ship. So the final loot and more importantly the final conversation for his quest never trigger

Cornett's Call

has some serious issues if you happen to pick up the Cornett of Depth's in the lost city and visit the temple there before talking to Dereo (I believe there are other out of order ways to bug this too). If you do this when you talk to Dereo you are instantly able to resolve the quest and talk about events that never happen (refer to stealing the other Cornett, tell him about being ambushed by another person he'd tasked with stealing it). I saw some reports that seemed to indicate certain paths could break the quest entirely, in my case all dialog choices were open so I could simply choose the ones that were obviously for the start of the quest and follow along from there.

P.S. A quality of life one I'd personally love to see is all effects put back in the character screen along with suppressed flags, especially now that suppression seems to have far less clear rules than it did in the past.

Also with armoured grace you may have already seen this but the full explanation for it is in the attack speed mechanics thread over here  https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98679-mechanics-attack-speed-recovery-time-reload-time

P.P.S thank you soooo much for the heads up on crew experience limitations, I was literally just about to set off on a bounty spree to try and get a lvl 4 helmsmen which wouldn't have worked so well without knowing that >_<

Edited by Chaoticlusts

Updated:

More added to "Items and Equipment" - mostly more starting armors that cannot be dyed.

More added to "Gameplay (General)" - more companion relationship issues.

@ Chaoticlusts

"I'm fairly sure the bug involved in this one is simply a UI bug not a mechanics one."

I am aware of this, however.. a UI bug is still a bug. I know full well that all of the items with the 0% chance still work properly, but the UI problem still needs to be addressed - and the devs can't address it if they don't know about it, or know which items are being affected.

"Might contribute some I've run into if that's ok?"

Please do. As stated, I'll add any issues other people report in this thread, so long as I'm able to recreate (and thus confirm) the issue - which I will try to do - or if multiple people also confirm that they've experienced the same issue.

"Also with armoured grace you may have already seen this but the full explanation for it is in the attack speed mechanics thread"

I know this, but PoE2 brought in many new players who are unfamiliar with PoE or Obsidian game mechanics. Many of these new players either can't or wont look up information outside of the game, or just plain don't know where to look for information. These new players need to have this in plain, simple in-game text. "The skill says it reduces armor penalty by 25%, but it doesn't.", for example. I'm a PoE veteran myself, with well over 500+ hours logged already between both games - hence my only playing on PotD difficulty - but I know not everyone can claim the same.

"Also great thread

P.P.S thank you soooo much for the heads up on crew experience limitations, I was literally just about to set off on a bounty spree to try and get a lvl 4 helmsmen which wouldn't have worked so well without knowing that"

Thanks. I'm glad you find my contributions helpful.

Cheers!

Didn't see this elsewhere so sorry if it's already been reported:

When exiting Dereo's Lair, the character in the 3rd party slot in the default formation gets stopped just out of range of the door. The party cannot exit until that character is moved forward a couple of feet. It's happened with two different folks in that slot (PC and a companion).

Gameplay

Not sure if this is intentional or not but it seems weirdly arbitrary and unclear if it is.  You lose all your rested food/inn/'other' :p buffs when you search a location for loot.  I know a lot of time can pass while searching (although sometimes it's just a single 2 hour search and done) but given you can travel literally for days/weeks and keep your buffs normally... Like I said it seems arbitrary so bug?

Somehow my entire party has got the pet Mirri's 10% of crits converted to hits buff permanently, She's unequipped and has been for dozens of hours and I also get my current pets buff on top of it. I'm not certain what's causing it except maybe swapping party members in and out or the buffs being active when you recruit the characters as Tekehu, Maia and Pallegina who aren't in my active party all have another permanent pet buff on top of the previous one (which would also match the pet I was using when I recruited them).  I know this maybe difficult to confirm so may not make your list but still thought it worth mentioning here :)

I can confirm these. Save for reproducing the 1st one just in case.

In the same save there is also mess with pet buffs - Maia has 3 of them active (1 from the current pet and 2 from previous ones). At the same time only picture from the very first pet (pre-order bird) is displayed for all party members, other buffs can be found in character sheet.

Updated: Various

Confirmed and added credit for resting bonus loss on searching to Chaoticlusts and Alienka.

Not to sound pushy or anything, but seriously, can we fix the crew rank issue sooner rather than later? I'm half tempted to post a screenshot, but I'm wanting to get someone's Sailor Experience to over 500 first, simply to prove a point. 500 Sailor Experience, and still only rank three? How did I get so much sailor experience, you may ask? Storms... Storms respawn. I've already stated/admitted that I have to run with cheats enabled due to the Engwithan Digsite bug, so I just gave myself infinite food, drink and money to check if sailor experience for rank 4 in a job was just set obnoxiously high or not for crew who have more than one job skill.

Also, if anyone knows the console command to reset encounters (such as bounty locations on the world map - and/or respawning ships to be sunk again) so I can continue testing stuff without needing to constantly make new characters because I've literally run out of things to be killed/sunk... that would be super-duper.

Cheers!

Updated again.

Whispers of the Wind - permanent invisibility bug

Inaccessible areas (added to Gameplay (General))

Plus a few other minor doodads.

I may have missed it, but I'd add a section on import bugs. They've fixed the big noticeable ones (vela, etc) but there still seem to be some remaining -- for example, I know my character had "gift of the machine" in the old save, but it doesn't show up post-Hasongo (and neither do any other benefits); similarly, I bound the souls to the white forge, but no free cannon got shipped to me, either. 

I hadn't added anything dealing with save importing since there have been several threads about importing being a bit.. wonky to say the least. Several of those threads already have an "Observed" tag on them as well.

While I'd like to make my thread something of a "master list" of bugs, I'm only adding issues I find (or that others report here and I can replicate) that are not already in an "Observed" thread. Unless of course one of the Devs/Mods asks me to do so.

I've been using the Legacy creator pre-built into the game to essentially copy all of the choices I made in PoE1, and have had no issues doing it this way. Setting "Absorbed the Souls" in Defiance Bay correctly gives "Gift of the Machine", and choosing to keep the souls bound to the White Forge correctly sends a Durgan cannon after the first few minutes of sailing. I've only had issues with things like this going on the fritz when importing save data, which the Devs are fully aware of already - hence it not being on my list.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, makes sense. There's at least one bug remaining with the *created* save import though: to get the blade of the endless paths fragments, you have to set it to "did not create the blade of the endless paths," not "did create". Conversely, when you import a real save, it's successfully completing the blade forging that gives you the sword fragments in this game. So, one or the other is in error.