Bluewall

Do new accounts still need moderator approval to post?

I feel like I should just register a new account because I think something is wrong with mine.  I've been here for 6 years and I still need moderator approval for anything to be posted

Yes, new accounts need a number of approved posts before they can post without approval. In case anybody wonders why, you should see the number of unapproved spam posts by bots that gets removed before people see them ;)

• Like 7

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, new accounts need a number of approved posts before they can post without approval. In case anybody wonders why, you should see the number of unapproved spam posts by bots that gets removed before people see them ;)

I appreciate this approach a lot. Because I know how it is when you don't do this.

This way the forum feels very clean and tidy for us users :)

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

not only do you 5 approved posts but when creating the account you have to answer an anti-bot question

(which, if I understand correctly, may be in need of an update if not changed in the last 2 weeks)

not only do you 5 approved posts but when creating the account you have to answer an anti-bot question

(which, if I understand correctly, may be in need of an update if not changed in the last 2 weeks)

Heya GetMagnaCarter,

Yes they do :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Completely irrelevant question, but I don't know where to post this.

Does anyone know how to change my forum name? It's my email currently and I don't like that. Can't seem to find any option in the profile control panel.

Sorry for posting here but I made two new posts with this question, and naturally didn't get approved and I don't know what to do. 

Thanks.

I suggest you discuss this with Fionavar in PMs or turn directly to admins

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Please do contact me if there is anything you need.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Please do contact me if there is anything you need.

A bag of chips and a chili-cheese burger if you'd be so kind. :yes:

I feel like I should just register a new account because I think something is wrong with mine.  I've been here for 6 years and I still need moderator approval for anything to be posted

Four posts in six years?

I hereby dub thee King of Lurkers.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.