Free DLC, The Rum Runner's Pack, Coming Next Week!

Super ! L'ajout d'un mercenaire féminin qui n'apporte rien à l'histoire et d'alcool pour plus d'animations de soûlards. Ouah.
Et dire que j’espérais une récriture des interactions entre compagnons et des romances, avec extensions.
L'existant est tellement pauvre et psychologiquement bancal... Alors n'est pas Gustave Flaubert, Victor Hugo, William Faulkner ou Shakespear qui veut, surtout dans un jeu vidéo, mais un effort réel et visible dans l'écriture aurait été apprécié.
Ah et aussi, vous trouvez normal en tant que femme d'être appelée "sir" "pal" "buddy" et se prendre de grandes claques dans le dos ? Moi non. Jamais personne n'a jamais osé me faire ça dans la vie. 
Ça se sent, la déception, là ?

Great ! The addition of a female mercenary who brings nothing to the story and alcohol for more drunken animations. Wow.
And to say that I hoped a rewrite of the interactions between companions and the romances, with extensions.
The existing is so poor and psychologically wobbly ... So is not Gustave Flaubert, Victor Hugo, William Faulkner or Shakespear who wants, especially in a video game, but a real and visible effort in writing would have been appreciated.
Ah and also, do you find normal as a woman to be called "sir" "pal" "buddy" and get big slaps in the back? Me no. No one has ever dared to do this to me in my life. 
It feels, disappointment there?
  • Like 2

Super ! L'ajout d'un mercenaire féminin qui n'apporte rien à l'histoire et d'alcool pour plus d'animations de soûlards. Ouah.

Et dire que j’espérais une récriture des interactions entre compagnons et des romances, avec extensions.

L'existant est tellement pauvre et psychologiquement bancal... Alors n'est pas Gustave Flaubert, Victor Hugo, William Faulkner ou Shakespear qui veut, surtout dans un jeu vidéo, mais un effort réel et visible dans l'écriture aurait été apprécié.

Ah et aussi, vous trouvez normal en tant que femme d'être appelée "sir" "pal" "buddy" et se prendre de grandes claques dans le dos ? Moi non. Jamais personne n'a jamais osé me faire ça dans la vie. 

Ça se sent, la déception, là ?

Great ! The addition of a female mercenary who brings nothing to the story and alcohol for more drunken animations. Wow.
And to say that I hoped a rewrite of the interactions between companions and the romances, with extensions.
The existing is so poor and psychologically wobbly ... So is not Gustave Flaubert, Victor Hugo, William Faulkner or Shakespear who wants, especially in a video game, but a real and visible effort in writing would have been appreciated.
Ah and also, do you find normal as a woman to be called "sir" "pal" "buddy" and get big slaps in the back? Me no. No one has ever dared to do this to me in my life. 
It feels, disappointment there?

They're probably releasing minor free content (Sawyer said there would be more to come) to keep interest going for upcoming dlc. I would expect that there will be beefier content in the future. 

Some of the companion/romance interactions are missing/bugged and are being fixed. As for dialogue pronouns not correctly identifying your character as female, I believe this has been identified as a bug and is also being patched. Bonne journée :)

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

Thank you for the kind reply, but...

Je ne parle pas seulement de dialogues et interactions où mon personnage n'est pas reconnu en tant que femme. Je parle de l'ensemble du jeu, où l'on me considère comme un homme. Et c'est assez agaçant. Je n'attends pas une correction qui serait appliquée par un simple patch, mais une récriture de ces aspects.

Il n'y avait pas ce genre de désagrément du temps de Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter's Night - sans vouloir faire de nostalgie ou idéaliser mes (vieux) souvenirs - et il y avait moins de femmes joueuses. Ce n'était pas parfait, mais je ne me souviens pas d'avoir eu ce sentiment désagréable.

Les propos et actions diffèrent suivant le sexe du personnage, et c'est normal, comme on peut le voir tous les jours dans nos interactions sociales. 

Si c'est en raison de l'égalité entre sexe, c'est une erreur. La solution n'est pas de gommer les différences, mais les accepter. (D'ailleurs le terme équité est plus adapté : j'achète des soutiens gorge et plus de papier toilette !)

Je ne sais pas, si c'est une question de moyens, j'aurais aimé être mise au courant pour y remédier lors d'une autre sous campagne de financement sur l'écriture.

Mais bon, ce n'est que mon point de vue et je suis sûrement la seule à penser à tout cela. Au moins, je peux l'exprimer ici.

I am not only talking about dialogues and interactions where my character is not recognized as a woman. I'm talking about the whole game, where I'm considered a man. And it's pretty annoying. I do not expect a correction that would be applied by a simple patch, but a rewrite of these aspects.
There was not that kind of annoyance from the time of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter's Night - without wanting to nostalgia or idealizing my (old) memories - and there were fewer female players. It was not perfect, but I do not remember having this unpleasant feeling.
The words and actions differ depending on the gender of the character, and this is normal, as we can see every day in our social interactions.
If it's because of gender equality, it's a mistake. The solution is not to erase the differences, but to accept them. (Besides, the term equity is more suitable: I buy bras and more toilet paper!)
I do not know, if it's a question of money, I would have liked to be informed to remedy it during another "under-fundraising-campaign" focus on writing.
But well, it's my point of view and I know I'm surely the only one thinking about that. At least I can express it here.

Bonne soirée à vous :)
(C'est le soir, en France ^^)
Edited by Riwalena
  • Like 3

Did something go wrong in an update for this? 

When launching the game I get a popup for the Rum Runners DLC (complete with Temp Title in the banner box) but the game is now completely broken. 

Unable to load any save or start a new game. 

On steam, with explorers pack, season pass, gaun's pledge.

Edit for some pics.

What it looks like when I launch the game: https://i.imgur.com/xTwPBAk.jpg

Where it gets stuck trying to load a save: https://imgur.com/a/P9ciQif

Second edit: as of the next morning looks like the Rum Runners popup is gone, and the game is working again. 

Edited by TripH

I am not only talking about dialogues and interactions where my character is not recognized as a woman. I'm talking about the whole game, where I'm considered a man.

Do you play the game in english or with a localization? I have heard that some of the translations have problems. I play a female character in english and havent noticed weird things, but im a man so its possible im just blind to those because of it.

I am not only talking about dialogues and interactions where my character is not recognized as a woman. I'm talking about the whole game, where I'm considered a man.

Do you play the game in english or with a localization? I have heard that some of the translations have problems. I play a female character in english and havent noticed weird things, but im a man so its possible im just blind to those because of it.

I play in English and I notice a few times I get referenced to as a man, particularly by npc comments. My chanter gets "sing us a song, brother" when going by.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

you sure that "Sing us a song, brother" is directed at you and not an NPC?

edit: the only NPC comments directly referencing me that I can recall are in the Gullet and in the Port Maje Huana-town. Neither of which is gender specific as far as I can recall. And neither is class specific either.

I can't think of any class-specific npc callouts off the top of my head.

Edited by Iymurra

Honestly, the only character i've found to 'misgender' someone was the Spindle Man referring to Ernezzo as a woman (and 'misspell' his name as Ernesso), but you can even point it out to him and he basically goes 'i don't care'  :w00t:

I want a Vithrack companion damn it, Vithracks are just so bloody cool.

• Like 7

I play in English and I notice a few times I get referenced to as a man, particularly by npc comments. My chanter gets "sing us a song, brother" when going by.

Where were you?

Honestly, the only character i've found to 'misgender' someone was the Spindle Man referring to Ernezzo as a woman (and 'misspell' his name as Ernesso), but you can even point it out to him and he basically goes 'i don't care'  :w00t:

I will say, I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of vithrack love in what I've seen of the game so far. Even amidst the wilder crewmembers, Big Mouth is the only one who you have to hire through the crew tab and not actually meet in the world and convince to come with you. WHERE MUH VETHRUCKS UT, OBS?! :(

• Like 4

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

you sure that "Sing us a song, brother" is directed at you and not an NPC?

edit: the only NPC comments directly referencing me that I can recall are in the Gullet and in the Port Maje Huana-town. Neither of which is gender specific as far as I can recall. And neither is class specific either.

I can't think of any class-specific npc callouts off the top of my head.

yes, I did not have Tekahu with me. I've played my priest and had no call outs but on my chanter I had several, in taverns, Queens Berth and the overlook as well as on one of the Huana isles.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

I will say, I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of vithrack love in what I've seen of the game so far. Even amidst the wilder crewmembers, Big Mouth is the only one who you have to hire through the crew tab and not actually meet in the world and convince to come with you. WHERE MUH VETHRUCKS UT, OBS?! :(

Hell yeah. But this GROUNDFILTH ALSO WANT IMP.

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

I would love a Vithrack companion in PoE3 (well, in an expansion to PoE2 would be great, but I doubt that'll happen). They're obviously an intelligent species, comparable to kith, but so alien. There's precedent for it with characters like Okku and One of Many in MotB so fingers crossed.

• Like 5

Vithrack companion with or without romance?

• Like 6

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)