Beastiary bug?

poparakrava58

Question

15 answers to this question

Based on my PoE experience and Deadfire Pre-release videos I believe, we shouldn't be able to know monster stats up front - before attacking them the first time.

Still, I realised that I had info on their defenses and armor classes displayed from the start. I started a game on Relaxed and switched to Classic, but I am still able to see them even for unique monsters.

• Like 1

Guest Jamila

I have a hunch in PoE 1, stats were not shown right away even with expert mode off, therefore that expert mode is not working should not matter, assuming PoE 2 is intended to bhave the same. More likely it is an issue with show relative defenses option showing a bit too much.

Also, when killing hitherto unknown monster, party gains experience towards bestiary. As though stats discovery was in fact working, but overriden by aforementioned option.

Bonus: You become reliant on the bestiary and your characters in-combat comments

Disadvantage: You lose info about the relative percentage to hit. But that broke immersion anyway, so .. ;-)

post-220461-0-78877300-1546366690_thumb.jpg

Nerf Troubadour!