Interaction between Arcane Reflection and Arcane Dampener (which takes priority)?

Arcane Dampener is a hostile spell that suppresses buffs. Arcane Reflection is a buff reflects hostile spells.

Which wins? Does Arcane Reflection get suppressed or is Arcane Dampener reflected?

I'm gonna be shocked if Arcane Reflection takes priority.

Just ran into this the other day. As far as i could see nothing happened. Reflection bubble was still on my target, and i still had my mirror images on me. Buffs around my target were purged.

Lol so Arcane Reflection just make u 100% immune to spells even Dispel-like ones?

Just ran into this the other day. As far as i could see nothing happened. Reflection bubble was still on my target, and i still had my mirror images on me. Buffs around my target were purged.

Could it be that it simple saved against it? Or maybe you saved against your own effect?

Lol so Arcane Reflection just make u 100% immune to spells even Dispel-like ones?

There's a 9th level wizard spell which is basically Mordenkainen's Disjunction, but by the time I got it there weren't any mages left in the game to fight who would cast it, so I don't know.  I would hope that it would overwrite the reflection bubble, but maybe not.

• 1 month later...

Actually, Arcane Reflection shouldn't affect Dampener at all, since it only works against targeted spells. In that sense it definitely doesn't make the caster immune to spells, Crackling Bolt to the face is still going to hit them just fine. 

Whether it gets suppressed by it I'm not sure though. You'd think so, clearly Arcane Reflection is beneficial, but whether it actually does will depend on how well they flagged effects as 'beneficial' in the game data. And obviously it's rather difficult to test. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if even if it does get suppressed stuff like the reflection bubble and mirror images remain visible, so you'd have to check the active effects list to be sure should this occur. 

• Like 1