Note: Blood pool from poe1 has effect in poe2

I was surprised to find blood pool buff and gift of the machine buff on my character since I thought they have no effects because they don't show up at the start of the game, I'm assuming they show up sometime while chasing Eothas.

I sacrificed Durance cause uhh I didn't really like him as a character, I would probably sacrifice someone else now that I know the buff actually exist, need people to share their blood pool results for best minmax character creation.

edit:

Some updates from my Reddit post

Durance: Con, 5% max health

Devil of Caroc: Dex, 1 armor pen

Eder: Might, 2 deflection

Mahena: Might, +5 defense against might affliction attacks

Grieving Mother: Int, +5 defense against int affliction attacks

Kana: Int, +5 defense against dex affliction attacks

You only get the buffs after , spoiler down there

getting a portion of your soul back from eothas.

Edited by Sfzrx

I'll sacrifice anyone in my pursuit for power, I killed both archmages and gave the souls to woedica after all, but she hasn't gave me anything back yet pfft, I thought at the end of poe 1 the game told me that woedica would never forget a favor.

I am actually shocked. Didn't Josh specifically say they weren't doing this?

Also are you on the beta branch for the upcoming patch by any chance? Because otherwise I feel like more people would have reported this

edit: well look at that! just checked and my second playthrough has Effigy's Resentment: Devil of Caroc, +1 Dex, +1 Penetration. I am sort of kind of maybe sure that wasn't there before

Edited by fortuntek

In one of the videos a player asked why we don’t get “material things” for being good rather than only cruel, but he worded it poorly and they thought he meant gold. Duh you get gold for being evil.

I prefer the Tears of Bhaal style. You get something no matter what. Being good or evil should not be unequivocally better or worse, but it is in POE.

Anyway thanks for the info.

The best is probably Zahua's sacrifice +1 MIG, +15% beneficial effect duration. Just added the talents through console to see what they do.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

Eh, this is supposed to be a spoiler free section of the forums...

Dude you quoting this is what spoiled it for me, thanks for that. He at least had a clear warning which I safely skipped over, until arriving at your post.

Is it? There's a clearly stated "Spoiler Warning" in the section-title. Also he clearly marked this as a spoiler, while you spoilered it for all to see

Could we get the other bonuses added to this post? Or a link to where we can find them?

Queeg's post has Zahua's... we still need Aloth, Pallegina, Hiravias, and Sagani's bonuses. Anyone know them?

Pallegina +RES, +1 shock AR

Sagani +PER, +2ACC for >4m targets

Aloth +INT, +5 against INT afflictions

Hiravias +DEX, +1 slash AR

Nothing to write home about, Zahua's is the best. Pooling Caroc is bad for spoiler reasons.

• Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

WARNING: if you respec your player character they WILL lose the Effigy ability. I'm assuming this is a bug.

Also it appears the +1 Penetration from Devil of Caroc does not stack with Hammering Thoughts, and since I can't respec, it's utterly wasted. A shame.

WARNING: if you respec your player character they WILL lose the Effigy ability. I'm assuming this is a bug.

Also it appears the +1 Penetration from Devil of Caroc does not stack with Hammering Thoughts, and since I can't respec, it's utterly wasted. A shame.

You'll also lose watcher talents you didn't start the game with. You lose everything you didn't start the game with. Luckily there's console.

Btw, are there any other POE1 quest talents, aside from Blood Pool or the Gift of the Machine, that transfer to POE2? Like Scale-Breaker or Flick of the Wrist? I wouldn't be surprised if some are bugged currently and don't show up.

Edited by Aramintai

I did not receive either buff, or anything really after the story part. Sadface.

I  had a bug where this buff showed up on Eder instead for some reason, presumably because he was first in party order.

Oh interesting. I just checked and no one else has them for me. :/

I'd like to know whether Effigy's Resentment or Gift from the Machine have any story impact, myself - like are they even acknowledged? I generally can't bring myself to get either in a playthrough, but if they don't even earn a mention, I might console them onto the character I'm playing now before importing.

And what about Mental Prowess, from the Llengrath encounter?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Dude you quoting this is what spoiled it for me, thanks for that. He at least had a clear warning which I safely skipped over, until arriving at your post.

He edited it after my post, there wasnt a spoiler warning before. Also this post was in the general forums, that is a no spoiler zone. Do these forums have mods?