Should Revan have an "official" face/storyline?

Do you think Revan should have an "official" appearance?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should have an "official" appearance?

• Aye
    • Nay

Like maybe we can vote on which face we want Revan to have and stick with for the rest of the Star Wars episode? And which face gets the most votes wins? I was gonna post it in one of my earlier threads, but it was locked due to lack of mature posts, but I hope that this thread don't follow the same fate.

thats a horrible idea cuz then ud have to decide if revan was male or female and eventually consular guardian or sentinel everyone is gonna want their revan if he/she is to be put back in . think b4 u post

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

thats a horrible idea cuz then ud have to decide if revan was male or female and eventually consular guardian or sentinel everyone is gonna want their revan if he/she is to be put back in .  think b4 u post

Well, duh, I said to give Revan an official face, meaning an official story Revan is a male/female, light/dark, and whether he/she is a what or has what, etc. So maybe somebody can make KOTOR into a Star Wars book or movie. Think before you type.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...alak/index.html

Well... it looks like it does have an official storyline after all.

Revan, a Jedi captive, was stripped of all memories of a Sith past, and was turned into an agent of the Republic. Jedi observers closely watched Revan as the "reformed" Sith traced the path blazed during the initial search for the Star Forge. In this manner, agents of the Republic were able to find the station and confront Malak.

This confrontation erupted into a massive battle as Republic fleet forces arrived to attack the Star Forge. Endless streams of ships poured forth from the Star Forge, striking against the amassed warships of the Republic. The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed.

The Republic emerged victorious, that means that Revan was light side. (If he had been dark side, the Republic fleet was destroyed, right? Or open to interpretation.) Anyways, Revan is light side, but how about an official gender now? I vote male, so he can be with Bastilla.

Btw- I think that he does need an official story line so that he can be put into the Characters section in that Star Wars database with ease.

Oh and also, what about an official personality for Revan? Whether he/she is a sarcastic smartass clown, or a street thug/liar, or a serious guy. Or how about a compromise: he is usually a funny smartass but he is dead serious on really important issues?

The Republic emerged victorious, that means that Revan was light side. (If he had been dark side, the Republic fleet was destroyed, right? Or open to interpretation.) Anyways, Revan is light side, but how about an official gender now? I vote male, so he can be with Bastilla.

You aren't completely right read it again

as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed.

That could still lead to darkside Revan but the Starforge was destroyed after Kotor before Kotor 2 and it will be explained in Kotor 2.

I could really care less about what revan looked like and if he/she was male female or any of that but I voted no because alot of people would probly get mad and there would be no point.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...alak/index.html

Well... it looks like it does have an official storyline after all.

Revan, a Jedi captive, was stripped of all memories of a Sith past, and was turned into an agent of the Republic. Jedi observers closely watched Revan as the "reformed" Sith traced the path blazed during the initial search for the Star Forge. In this manner, agents of the Republic were able to find the station and confront Malak.

This confrontation erupted into a massive battle as Republic fleet forces arrived to attack the Star Forge. Endless streams of ships poured forth from the Star Forge, striking against the amassed warships of the Republic. The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed.

Btw- I think that he does need an official story line so that he can be put into the Characters section in that Star Wars database with ease.

The info at the databank never mentioned Bastila's battle meditation, or that Revan became a Jedi defeated Malak in battle. <_<

If you saw the dark side ending, the Republic fleet got completely destroyed, so they couldn't really have emerged victorious...

There would be a big point because he exists in the official Star Wars universe. And Star Wars is a story, so one thing happens. It's not like Star Wars Infinites episode where the Death Star doesn't get blown up and Luke turns to Vader. If he isn't either one or the other then does he really exist in the official Star Wars universe? That is the reason the official Star Wars databank can't go in barely any detail about them.

However, unofficially, (example: like in your games), he can be anything/anyone you want him/her to be. I hope that clears things up. Thoughts?

If you saw the dark side ending, the Republic fleet got completely destroyed, so they couldn't really have emerged victorious...

They could eventually come out victorious if something happened to Revan and the starforge was destroyed under like mysterious cercomstances...

The Republic still had an army besides what was at the starforge they just lost alot but not the entire republic army.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I am not so sure what to pick. It's tough.

Firstly, with no official face for the games, how will they choose Revan's face for a book/movie. However if an official face isnt picked, how can they make a book/movie. They cant just keep his face hidden, at least not in the original book/movie based on the original game.

So what can they do? They could do a poll about the faces from KOTOR, whichever gets the most votes, wins, and becomes the official face.

There is a second problem. Will Revan be male or female. Male i believe since all the leads in the starwars movies hav been male.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

I'll vote for that male asian face with the black hair, but I'm cool with anything as long as he get a male face.

BTW- Revan does have an official voice. Whenever you switch between party members and click select him, you can hear him say "Yeah?" and "What is it?" and when you put him on stealth mode, he says "I'll do my best to avoid," clearly defining his voice.

And if you haven't played the first game, just close your eyes and pick the most pleasing male face or something...

Like maybe we can vote on which face we want Revan to have and stick with for the rest of the Star Wars episode? And which face gets the most votes wins? I was gonna post it in one of my earlier threads, but it was locked due to lack of mature posts, but I hope that this thread don't follow the same fate.

HELL NO!

The only reason people like the game is because of the freedom and the abilty to change the story.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

HELL NO!

The only reason people like the game is because of the freedom and the abilty to change the story.

I'm not talking about the game. In the game, you can pick whatever you want, sure. But I'm talking about the official Star Wars universe. Otherwise, he WON'T HAVE a story. Wonder why he's not in the Star Wars databank?

He is mentioned in the databank, but not given a real persona.

I'm guessing becxause of all the possibilities of outcomes that could happne. The large number of faces to choose from, male or female, lightside or darkside. They had to take all these things into account. In the end they may hav thought it wasnt worth it.

Bunch of lazy wookies

There isn't an 'official' story for Revan because by imposing one you would basically invalidate the gaming choices of anyone who didn't play the game that way. Which is poor business sense.

If you want a demonstration taken to extremes, loo kat Pokemon. when they started merchandising it to buggery and laying down an 'official' story they used something totally outside of the gaming choices, so it didn't hurt the game's sales.

There isn't an 'official' story for Revan because by imposing one you would basically invalidate the gaming choices of anyone who didn't play the game that way.  Which is poor business sense.

If you want a demonstration taken to extremes, loo kat Pokemon.  when they started merchandising it to buggery and laying down an 'official' story they used something totally outside of the gaming choices, so it didn't hurt the game's sales.

Well the official story would unaffect the gaming choices, of course. Not only is KOTOR 2 already almost out anyhow, but the official story takes a path chosen from several possibilities that can happen from the game.

Remember that game Rebel Assault? You were Luke Skywalker piloting an X-Wing. If the X-Wing gets destroyed, Luke dies. Luke didn't die in the movie, but he can die in the game. Get my point? The game is unaffected by the story.

Well the official story would unaffect the gaming choices, of course. Not only is KOTOR 2 already almost out anyhow, but the official story takes a path chosen from several possibilities that can happen from the game.

Remember that game Rebel Assault? You were Luke Skywalker piloting an X-Wing. If the X-Wing gets destroyed, Luke dies. Luke didn't die in the movie, but he can die in the game. Get my point? The game is unaffected by the story.

The difference is though, that Rebel Assault was based off of the movies, in which the character was already established. This is the opposite. Any movies/books would be based off KOTOR, which would mean they'd have to take into account the game's story and since it's so diverse, it's impossible to do without changing how a lot of people played through it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The difference is though, that Rebel Assault was based off of the movies, in which the character was already established. This is the opposite. Any movies/books would be based off KOTOR, which would mean they'd have to take into account the game's story and since it's so diverse, it's impossible to do without changing how a lot of people played through it.

Good point. But the official story can be based on a specific path in the game, can't it? The one that most people like? Better than having no official story at all. It will have no affect whatsoever on the game, future games, or how people choose to play it.

Good point. But the official story can be based on a specific path in the game, can't it? The one that most people like? Better than having no official story at all. It will have no affect whatsoever on the game, future games, or how people choose to play it.

But how do you determine "...The one that most people like.."?

A poll on here? That's not an indication of everyone. That's an indication of those who frequent this forum. A poll on Lucasarts? Again, not a good indication because not everyone who plays the game goes there (myself included). Assume he's male? Then you alienate many female gamers, especially those who are "hardcore" and probably enjoy the fanfic side of KOTOR more than most. Assume she's female? Then many guys on here will be upset.

I just think there's too many different scenarios that it would be difficult to decide which one to use, while at the same time, not alienating a good percentage of fans.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't mind if they did decide to use a male Revan for a movie, it's tradition in the SW genre that the leads are male, so there's that precedent.

I was reading the forum then signed up just so I could reply to this. :) (First post, hello everyone!)

"Tradition" doesn't always equal "right", and it would bother me greatly if Revan was made officially male because of "tradition". It wouldn't hurt the Star Wars universe to have a few more female leads, heck, it could only serve to help it. Sure most of the fans are male, but having a few more women as leads could only help to bring in more female fans and with more and more women kicking butt in movies and television we're seeing men get more comfortable with the whole idea (Ripley in Aliens and Sarah Conner in Terminator helped pave the way for Buffy, Xena, et al).

So now that I said that and to stay on topic, no, there should most definitely not be an official Revan. While I might at some point play through with a male character to check out the Revan/Bastilla romance, I've only played through with female characters and so for me Revan is female. I find it disconcerting enough to read the forums and see people refer to her as "he". :)

I know I can't be the only one, and there are many people who would have the whole KOTOR experience ruined if they do go with an official Revan.

Some parts of tradition should indeed be done away with, but this is one that I wouldn't mind too much.

Star Wars has male leads, true, but they also have very strong female roles, which at the time Ep. IV was made, was still rather something of a breakthrough. If I felt that the franchise was suffering due to casting women as second class citizens, I would be among the first to demand that Revan be female, but as I don't think it does, I am content.

Oh, and welcome to the boards, sorry I haven't said that before!

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.