When will the patch be released?

I for one fear any patch, since there is always the risk of it affecting our saves, and then tens of hours my chute down the drain.

if you are on steam..you can turn off auto-update . So your game doesn't get patched , and wait and see if the patch fix stuff or just break more stuff . 

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

For this once, I'll probably do that.

I mean, this is a bit of rushed patch.

I put the settings - only update games between 6 and 7 in the morning - good luck with that, Steam!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Im holding off my real play for the import bug fixes , so i hope the patch come soon , very soon ..... like Now ?

The two we know of (Vela and Eder) have been fixed with the Steam beta patch, but that's not final so...

So some of the big issues are being fixed with this patch then? That's good to know.

I've basically been holding off trying to do my first real run of the game because of all the issues. I don't want to play through with half my stuff not working. :p

Can´t tell for sure, but Galaxy client tries to download an update, but it always ends up with  "server problem" . This might be a good sign for something beeing in the pipe, but take this with a grain of salt.

Manuall download isn´t available, so this may just be my client acting strangly.

What can we expect in terms of raising the difficulty of the game? And will those changes affect current games?

Im in 20h already, playing on veteran with no level scalling, and combat is so easy I dont even use my main character skills, just let the AI do the job. But Im sure I will not start another game just for the difficulty...

What can we expect in terms of raising the difficulty of the game? And will those changes affect current games?

Im in 20h already, playing on veteran with no level scalling, and combat is so easy I dont even use my main character skills, just let the AI do the job. But Im sure I will not start another game just for the difficulty...

Combat changes aren't coming for a while.

And honestly I rather they fix all the bugs before touching combat.

• Like 1

The two we know of (Vela and Eder) have been fixed with the Steam beta patch, but that's not fi

Will I have to start a new game to make the changes work?

Dunno, I started fresh after the patch, but the Devs said the changes should be retroactive...

There was another small patch since my last post, by the way, but I dunno what that one was about, the build number didn't change.

• Like 1

What major bugs are known? I'm 7 hours in and haven't encountered anything yet. Do I need to avoid certain quests to prevent anything game breaking?

Major Issue's thread (Possible Spoilers included) from the Tech support forum: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97374-known-major-issues/

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, I've heard so many times that the patch would be released on Tuesday. Is there any official announcement? It is Wednesday already in my zone :).

There is a Twitter of Josh saying they are targetting Tuesday for the patch release , not that the patch is 100% coming on Tuesday , so who knows ...

• Like 1