Rogue cheesing speedrun on POTD (with Berath's Blessings) in 26:25

But it's kinda bloody sad how short the game actually is (even ignoring the speedrun shenanigans).

Yes, people even make jokes that main plot feels like a prologue for the actual plot that never came.

But it's kinda bloody sad how short the game actually is (even ignoring the speedrun shenanigans).

Yes, people even make jokes that main plot feels like a prologue for the actual plot that never came.

Come to think of it... I'm pretty sure even Skyrim has a bigger main story than Deadfire.

I kinda made myself sad now.

Yeah, it reminds me of Skyrim in this way. I avoided the main quest line on purpose, put a couple of hundred hours into the game, and when I did the rest, from that mountain and onwards, it took like 2 hours, tops (powerful character and all).

I'm doing a completionist playthrough more or less, but I'm avoiding the main quest line, that way the fun lasts a lot longer.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, it reminds me of Skyrim in this way. I avoided the main quest line on purpose, put a couple of hundred hours into the game, and when I did the rest, from that mountain and onwards, it took like 2 hours, tops (powerful character and all).

I'm doing a completionist playthrough more or less, but I'm avoiding the main quest line, that way the fun lasts a lot longer.

Same.

I only did the Magran Teeth quest, after exploring literally the entire map and done everything i could find.

Even then it was only like 60% of the hours i've spent in PoE 1's playthrough, despite the fact that travelling between quests takes much longer in Deadfire.

The more i think about it, the shorter Deadfire seems to me.

I need to stop thinking about it.

Even then it was only like 60% of the hours i've spent in PoE 1's playthrough, despite the fact that travelling between quests takes much longer in Deadfire.

Well, POE1 sure felt longer, but I still shudder thinking about how much time was wasted waiting in loading screens there, ugh.

• Like 1

It is funny when I’m reading most thread here, people say Monk is Op, Chanter is Op, paladin, fighter is so tanky so op. But most time they say rogue is good, plus do massive damage. Never heard anyone say rogue is op tho. Maybe cheesy is the new definition of op. But I wouldn’t agree with it. Cheesy is cheesy, op is op. Firewall is very cheesy when u cast at long distance because it doesn’t hostile enemy, but it is absolutely not an op spell.

It is funny when I’m reading most thread here, people say Monk is Op, Chanter is Op, paladin, fighter is so tanky so op. But most time they say rogue is good, plus do massive damage. Never heard anyone say rogue is op tho. Maybe cheesy is the new definition of op. But I wouldn’t agree with it. Cheesy is cheesy, op is op. Firewall is very cheesy when u cast at long distance because it doesn’t hostile enemy, but it is absolutely not an op spell.

But it is op though, sure, speed runner used invisibility to cheese out of fights, but if you play normally you can stay untouchable during fights and deal massive damage multiple times with backstab and assassinate. 

Edited by Aramintai

Classic pnp conundrum.  Make game balanced for a party while also allowing for various min-maxed classes to solo run, never mind whatever multi-class combinations may or may not have been checked for various fights.  Forget unforeseen creative use of skills once the entire body of gamers gets access to the game and starts throwing creative solutions at the wall to see what sticks. 

First words out of a testers mouth typically whether this game or a normal pnp game: "Oh...we didn't think of that.  Nice..."

But it is op though, sure, speed runner used invisibility to cheese out of fights, but if you play normally you can stay untouchable during fights and deal massive damage multiple times with backstab and assassinate. 

You can't because you don't have enough resources

• Like 1

• 1 month later...