Pallegina and the Kind Wayfarer ending...

It's somewhat amuzing that most of the PoE2 Pallegina endings are that bad too.

Josh Sawyer is writing her, isn't he? Seems to be his thing -- remember many unfortunate endings of poor Arcade Gannon from Fallout New Vegas? 

• Like 2

For what it's worth OP, I was upset about it too.

Seeing the state Pallegina was in when I first met her in Deadfire made me so regretful over the thing I picked. Like actually for the first time a game made me seriously regret my decision.

You all pointed out that these are the consequences and we shouldn't be so surprised but could we really anticipate it from the ending slide in PoE? For me it was rather unexpected because she never mentioned Kind Wayfarers at all (and yes, I've seen the stream with Josh Sawyer). And I had thought that maybe Pallegina could forge a new self, an identity that wouldn't be based on her sacrificing everything for the Republics. I was actually looking forward to it. I guess ultimately I was wrong and had a different idea for her than her writer. Maybe post-Republics Pallegina wouldn't fit in the game where her role was to be the VTC cheerleader. Remember when she had doubts about the Republics politics?

Pallegina in Deadfire used to make me seriously sad but now I'm just bitter.

Edited by handsomenat
  • Like 1

I'm not 100% finished with Po1; but in 2 from the 'build your ending' thing, each companion has specific 'states'. 

Palle's were obey / disobey faction, didn't finish, or died.  It seems like everyone here is upset that when they chose to disobey their Ducs (and become Kind Wayfarers) that the game / future cared about the disobedience, and not the joining up with the Kind...  It seems like the important thing for the 'world' is what happened as a result of her decision, not which cult she happened to be hooked up with.

When she starts in the disobey state, she seems to have been kicked out of her usual cult, but rejoins them anyway.  On the plus side, this version of her armor, has a better 'Enchant' for group, compared to the obedience one.

I'm not 100% finished with Po1; but in 2 from the 'build your ending' thing, each companion has specific 'states'. 

Palle's were obey / disobey faction, didn't finish, or died.  It seems like everyone here is upset that when they chose to disobey their Ducs (and become Kind Wayfarers) that the game / future cared about the disobedience, and not the joining up with the Kind...  It seems like the important thing for the 'world' is what happened as a result of her decision, not which cult she happened to be hooked up with.

When she starts in the disobey state, she seems to have been kicked out of her usual cult, but rejoins them anyway.  On the plus side, this version of her armor, has a better 'Enchant' for group, compared to the obedience one.

To the world, the important thing would have been happened as a result of her decision. But to the companion, the important thing would have been what happened to them, and dismissing it as "which cult she happened to be hooked up with" seems reductive at best when she doesn't even mention the organization she was supposed to have joined up with.

Guys, we're upset because of the retcon in the kind wayfarer ending, not the fact that she "could" be disgraced. She acts as if we never cared for her actions in the first game, and that ignore what many players didi in the first game.

• Like 1

really that good ??? I have taking the pre-made save..so she is all loyale and stuff . Man..now I gotta see this !!! :biggrin:

I've immortalized it for posterity here, with the translation:

" She blinks once, her golden eyes opening wide, fixated on you. Her nostrils flare and the veins in her neck strain against her skin.

"Vu maddicche postenago! Buffan vi! Cues es malgro me fulpa med tuor! Peri chue na cracuna ve engeri! Vu tros men merla!" [You damned idiot! **** yourself! This is all your fault anyway! I hope a kraken swallows you! You piece of ****!]

Pallegina continues to issue forth a stream of unintelligible insults. Her hands are flowing through a series of obscene gestures as she backs away from you.

Vailians around Queen's Berth turn their attention toward the fountain of profanity. Some are amused. A mother shields her smiling son's eyes from the vulgar pantomime. As Pallegina angrily stomps off into the distance, the pace of life returns to normal."

I'm fairly sure the absence of voiceover really hamstrings this.

Edited by Tagaziel
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, DannSann said:

I really hate that.

Pallegina in my playthrough is a Kind Wayfarer. I did what I thought was best for her and for the Dyrwood. I imported my save, and guess what, she is a disgraced soldier, she's sad and even angrier, like if I never cared for her in Pillars 1... So, if I want to Pallegina be happy in the Deadfire, I need to strenghten Dyrwood souls ( Make an pact with a god I personally dislike) JUST because they decide to desconsider my choice?

Why bring a companion back in this way? Desconsidering options they give to players? What about the whole "Choice and Consequence" thing?

Forcing me to make choices like that was not what I expected from obsidian, really sad...

In POE Pallegina made a deal between Dyrwood/Valians/Er Glanfath, because she didn't wanted to "kill Dirwood"

According to the wiki,  : https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Pallegina
she is found by Duchess of Spirento, but during my Deadfire POE Import, i haven't found a choice like this three faction agreement, only : Obey, Disobey so i choose disobey and some hours after this i found a Pallegina which is a ship guardian... ????

I am completely disappointed, what choice should i make in the import to have her reinstated in her order while working for that Duchess of Spirento

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

On 5/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, Kapten Teo said:

You encouraged her to follow her heart rather than perform her duty. That means she'll be discgraced by the faction she served. She's not angry and upset with you for long in PoE2 - just give it a while. She actually admits later that she doesn't blame you. 😕

Not only her heart, her intelligence too, what happen if you strangle someone the day he is weakened and he found you later completely restored ???

This was her thought (Dyrwood is weak now, if the Valians strangle them with this agreement, the day they will become stronger again, they will make us pay)... Pallegina have a long term view...

More than this, if she hadn't helped resolve the Dyrwood crisis, it could have spread to valian republic and the entire world, Pallegina is a hero whatever choice she/we made... but anyway valian (i don't put V) are some sort of mafiosi, some little thugs, i hate them in what i have see of the game...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...