I tried this build in a party and didn't care for it.  He was ok at tanking, but low on damage contribution.  I made a bleak walker / devoted instead.  He's just as tanky with better damage output. 

If I had kept monk, I would not have kept hellwalker or put so many points in might.

I tried this build in a party and didn't care for it.  He was ok at tanking, but low on damage contribution.  I made a bleak walker / devoted instead.  He's just as tanky with better damage output. 

If I had kept monk, I would not have kept hellwalker or put so many points in might.

I did say in the preface to this that I am no expert on this games mechanics. I like playing solo characters plus I like monks and this worked for me. I will take the advice on how to improve it into consideration though, but I will not be changing the class combination, even if another combination could do the same thing better, simply because I enjoy the way this plays. I have also not claimed this is the best build, or the best at what it does, or the only build, only that it has done solo potd and that it will work for that goal if that is your objective.

I have updated the initial post anyhow with a perception vs might comparison and changed the initial stat rolls.

Edited by Sharp

This build should have the potd solo tag removed because it just simply isnt true. I'd like to see a video of this build soloing the last boss in Ukaizo. 

Hes not even that threatening, fampyr packs are more challenging.

Edited by Sharp

This build should have the potd solo tag removed because it just simply isnt true. I'd like to see a video of this build soloing the last boss in Ukaizo. 

Meteo Shower is really broken. I thought this spell would be "ok", but normal, the ukaizo dragon falls down to near death and heals back up to hurt. Fampyrs are more easy for me, because of whispers of the wind and solo, their domination is useless. But i tried it only on classic, so i don't know how much harder it is on potd right now. Without proper achievements, i don't know if i play the game a second time, there is no real challenge.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Meteo Shower is really broken. I thought this spell would be "ok", but normal, the ukaizo dragon falls down to near death and heals back up to hurt. Fampyrs are more easy for me, because of whispers of the wind and solo, their domination is useless. But i tried it only on classic, so i don't know how much harder it is on potd right now. Without proper achievements, i don't know if i play the game a second time, there is no real challenge.

It is possible to do the fight without meteor shower with this build, which was why I went to the effort of getting past the "hard" part of this fight (the 2 giants) rather than just 1 shotting him with it straight off the bat. From that point onward it is just a case of beating him down over 5 more minutes, with him healing up on near dead and then finally reducing him to 0. You have plenty of resources left, each of those random adds on the side represents 1 zeal and they are almost completely unable to harm you (their acc-deflect is -43 when I am flanked, giving them only a 7% hit chance when I am flanked and they are only capable of grazing if I am not).

The main reason I used meteor storm to end the fight there is due to video length, I live in South Africa and my connection looks like this:

LVPArYG.png

Just uploading that vid took 2h 30 mins and really, the only reason to do it was to prove a point more than anything else. I can and have done it without the scroll, but I would rather not be uploading something for 5 hours.

I received the boots of stone while in Dunnage.  I got jumped while walking from the tavern to the radiant court.  The mobs that I killed dropped them.  

Thanks, updated my post.

Edited by Sharp

Oh wow, very impressive!! You deserve to have that solo tag. Sorry for doubting. There is this build on here called the Brutish Knight which had the solo tag in here too but it can't solo the last boss. But man, I'm amazed by your build! Wow! and yeah meteor is op wth haha