Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite Class

#poll #class

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Class? (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Single class or multiclass?

1. Single class (64 votes [51.20%])

Percentage of vote: 51.20%

2. Multiclass (61 votes [48.80%])

Percentage of vote: 48.80%

Favorite Class? (One if single class, two if multiclass)

1. Barbarian (12 votes [6.35%])

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

2. Chanter (16 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

3. Cipher (26 votes [13.76%])

Percentage of vote: 13.76%

4. Druid (14 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. Fighter (15 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

6. Monk (20 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

7. Paladin (22 votes [11.64%])

Percentage of vote: 11.64%

8. Priest (9 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

9. Ranger (10 votes [5.29%])

Percentage of vote: 5.29%

10. Rogue (24 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

11. Wizard (21 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

I'm raring to try sneaking and stealth next time around too. This first playthrough of mine is dictated a lot by my aggressive Bleakwalker. Attack first, ask questions later...

You know the drill.

if you play a sneaky stabby thief...make it orlan! they have the fluffiest ears ever! with a hood and two pointy daggers! Ohhh and make sure you retire rich..for..ahem...my royalty!  :lol:

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I love monks because kung-fu.
  • Yonjuro and E.RedMark like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5326 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My second character in PoE1 was a furry Orlan cipher, so very tempting indeed…

*Mmmm…* [fluffy daydreaming in progress]

• E.RedMark likes this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

:lol: Thanx to you..now I have kung-fu fighters song in my head! 

• the_dog_days likes this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

• Members
  • 5326 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Seeing that single class and multi class is even may be considered a success for the character creation system in that regard.

Neferakh

Neferakh

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

In the first game I played an ocean folk cipher who made their money by smuggling, but found myself wishing that I could take some stuff from cipher and some from rogue.  The character had a control rather than dps twist, so having subclasses as well as multiclasses (for Beguiler/rogue) is awesome!

Sotnik

Sotnik

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam:76561198056541314

I had to pick Paladin and Chanter - both are immensely fun to play - varied, powerful, cool subclasses, you name it. I love them both.

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly works?

Edited by Sotnik, 15 May 2018 - 01:47 PM.

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

• Members
  • 5326 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I had to pick Paladin and Chanter - both are immensely fun to play - varied, powerful, cool subclasses, you name it. I love them both.

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly work?

On the contrary, that's one of their winning features to me. I love those restrictions, since they keep me even better in tune with my character's role, and at the same time I can slide away too far and face the consequences. I really dig that! :)

For instance, in my playthrough, my Bleakwalker was a bit too diplomatic for her own good, so over time, like 40h into the game, she got a red circle and all for that, suffering a bit worse defences for it, but I just keep playing - no reloads.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, 15 May 2018 - 01:31 PM.

• ThacoBell likes this

Sotnik

Sotnik

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Steam:76561198056541314

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly work?

On the contrary, that's one of their winning features to me. I love those restrictions, since they keep me even better in tune with my character's role, and at the same time I can slide away too far and face the consequences. I really dig that! :)

For instance, in my playthrough, my Bleakwalker was a bit too diplomatic for her own good, so over time, like 40h into the game, she got a red circle and all for that, suffering a bit worse defences for it, but I just keep playing - no reloads.

Is there a way to reduce Disposition or get more than a full circle? The Paladin starts with the maximum Disposition, but I noticed my Deep Faith granting more resistances after a while?

That is the problem with roleplaying bad characters in the first run. I failed my sacred purpose of eating and smoking everyone with my Corpse-Eater Nalpazca. Had to restart for a Grammaton Cleric.

Edited by Sotnik, 15 May 2018 - 01:55 PM.

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 852 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I liked the monk class in BG2. It starts out weak but then later on it's the "hold my beer while I beat this arch mage to death with my fists" class (due to high magic resistance).

My favorite play through of Pillars1 was a monk, so that was my imported character for Deadfire. I really like the monk abilities and general feel of the class in Deadfire.

Single class is the way to go. Who needs another class when you can take on everything unarmed and unarmored?

• the_dog_days and E.RedMark like this

Dongom

Dongom

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 270 posts

My favorite is Chanter. 

OP Summons.

OP Invocation that restores everyone resources.

OP Chant that doubles all healing for everyone.

• the_dog_days likes this

BalkothTheFeared

BalkothTheFeared

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts

Bleak Walker + Priest of Weal was really fun. The tankiness of the Priest spells combined with the offense-orientated Paladin abilities made it a blast to go through. 

Sarakash

Sarakash

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Fighter / Rogue is exactly how I imagined it to be. Love it. Stab someone, then punsh him down in order to stab him a bit more. Some slicing as well for good measure of course.

• evilcat and E.RedMark like this

Silvaren

Silvaren

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I really like destruction caused by evoker. Empowered deleyed fireball dealling easly 360 damage is awesome. The same with Ninagauth Shadowflame hiting with 200 damage and paralyzing enemies. Even that rolling ball of magma from second level of spells can deal over 80 damage and knocka anyone prone. I still have to learn level 8-9 spells to know full potential. 4th level Minoleta's missiles can oneshot bosses like Berath's Deathguard Yesar (iirc his name), even when my level was lower than his.

I'm playing veteran and it may looks different on PotD but next time I will play evoker, it will be PotD with all DLC. Game is way too easy because I played PoE mostly on PotD and lots of solo and have ultimate done. So maybe evoker isn't such good subclass at all, but in current balance any char can faceroll through content on this difficulty level.
  • E.RedMark likes this

Witness41920

Witness41920

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Overall the scores are pretty even both for multi-class vs single-class and for class distribution. There are some obvious favorites (Rogues, Monks, Wizards, Paladins and Ciphers) then there are the middle of the road classes (Barbarians, Chanters, Druids and Fighters) and the caboose classes that aren't as far behind as I expected them to be (Priests and Rangers). 

This actually says a lot about the state of the game and it's good. 

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Wynne

Wynne

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 67 posts

I think Cipher is the coolest concept, and it feels so fitting for the Watcher.

Ninjamestari

Ninjamestari

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 710 posts

Rogues are pretty fun to play in POE, especially in POE2.

I'm thinking my next character will be a Rogue of some sort.

every hardcore beta player knows deadfire rogues are worthless-- no more than excrement on eothas' heel.

am being sarcastic for those unaware.  am still finding it mind boggling how close minded were many folks concerning deadfire rogue potential, particular as so few actual bothered to try playing a rogue.

HA! Good Fun!  

Goddammit, now I want to play as the Sorcerer xD

Edited by Ninjamestari, 16 May 2018 - 04:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users