Favorite Class?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Single class or multiclass?

• Single class
    • Multiclass
  2. 2. Favorite Class? (One if single class, two if multiclass)

• Barbarian
    • Chanter
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Fighter
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Wizard

In the first game I played an ocean folk cipher who made their money by smuggling, but found myself wishing that I could take some stuff from cipher and some from rogue.  The character had a control rather than dps twist, so having subclasses as well as multiclasses (for Beguiler/rogue) is awesome!

I had to pick Paladin and Chanter - both are immensely fun to play - varied, powerful, cool subclasses, you name it. I love them both.

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly works?

Edited by Sotnik

I had to pick Paladin and Chanter - both are immensely fun to play - varied, powerful, cool subclasses, you name it. I love them both.

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly work?

On the contrary, that's one of their winning features to me. I love those restrictions, since they keep me even better in tune with my character's role, and at the same time I can slide away too far and face the consequences. I really dig that! :)

For instance, in my playthrough, my Bleakwalker was a bit too diplomatic for her own good, so over time, like 40h into the game, she got a red circle and all for that, suffering a bit worse defences for it, but I just keep playing - no reloads.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hi! Is not the Paladin's faith feature a problem for role playing? Have you figured out the details on how Disposition exactly work?

On the contrary, that's one of their winning features to me. I love those restrictions, since they keep me even better in tune with my character's role, and at the same time I can slide away too far and face the consequences. I really dig that! :)

For instance, in my playthrough, my Bleakwalker was a bit too diplomatic for her own good, so over time, like 40h into the game, she got a red circle and all for that, suffering a bit worse defences for it, but I just keep playing - no reloads.

Is there a way to reduce Disposition or get more than a full circle? The Paladin starts with the maximum Disposition, but I noticed my Deep Faith granting more resistances after a while?

That is the problem with roleplaying bad characters in the first run. I failed my sacred purpose of eating and smoking everyone with my Corpse-Eater Nalpazca. Had to restart for a Grammaton Cleric.

Edited by Sotnik

I love monks because kung-fu.

I liked the monk class in BG2. It starts out weak but then later on it's the "hold my beer while I beat this arch mage to death with my fists" class (due to high magic resistance).

My favorite play through of Pillars1 was a monk, so that was my imported character for Deadfire. I really like the monk abilities and general feel of the class in Deadfire.

Single class is the way to go. Who needs another class when you can take on everything unarmed and unarmored?

• Like 2

I really like destruction caused by evoker. Empowered deleyed fireball dealling easly 360 damage is awesome. The same with Ninagauth Shadowflame hiting with 200 damage and paralyzing enemies. Even that rolling ball of magma from second level of spells can deal over 80 damage and knocka anyone prone. I still have to learn level 8-9 spells to know full potential. 4th level Minoleta's missiles can oneshot bosses like Berath's Deathguard Yesar (iirc his name), even when my level was lower than his.

I'm playing veteran and it may looks different on PotD but next time I will play evoker, it will be PotD with all DLC. Game is way too easy because I played PoE mostly on PotD and lots of solo and have ultimate done. So maybe evoker isn't such good subclass at all, but in current balance any char can faceroll through content on this difficulty level.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Overall the scores are pretty even both for multi-class vs single-class and for class distribution. There are some obvious favorites (Rogues, Monks, Wizards, Paladins and Ciphers) then there are the middle of the road classes (Barbarians, Chanters, Druids and Fighters) and the caboose classes that aren't as far behind as I expected them to be (Priests and Rangers). 

This actually says a lot about the state of the game and it's good. 

• Like 1

Rogues are pretty fun to play in POE, especially in POE2.

I'm thinking my next character will be a Rogue of some sort.

every hardcore beta player knows deadfire rogues are worthless-- no more than excrement on eothas' heel.

am being sarcastic for those unaware.  am still finding it mind boggling how close minded were many folks concerning deadfire rogue potential, particular as so few actual bothered to try playing a rogue.

HA! Good Fun!  

Goddammit, now I want to play as the Sorcerer xD

Edited by Ninjamestari

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.