Favorite Class?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Single class or multiclass?

• Single class
    • Multiclass
  2. 2. Favorite Class? (One if single class, two if multiclass)

• Barbarian
    • Chanter
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Fighter
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Wizard

So, I don't normally start topics because I usually don't have anything interesting to say or ask, I prefer to just comment and try to be helpful. (Which I hope I succeed at). 

However, I'm actually quite curious what everyone's favorite class or class combination is. This isn't a question about what you think is the most powerful combination or class, merely what is your favorite. 

It could be your favorite because of RP elements, maybe it's combat mechanics, maybe it's the archetype of character you prefer to read about or play in stories and games. 

Since the poll is two-parts, putting your answers in your post would be appreciated along with any blurb about why they're your favorite. 

Participation is appreciated. 

• Like 2

kinda hard to vote..since I only have 1 playtrough so far and in middle of a 2nd .

For the 1st , I went pure Priest of Eotha . And for my 2nd , druid+ranger . Multi-classing is alot of fun (even if you end up with mismatched class , or so I'm told) . 

For priest..well..what can I say beside that I always loved Priest . 

One class I'm looking forward to..is Paladin . Which is what I played as (alot) back in BG and BG2 . 

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I've really only started my first playthrough (about 7 hours in), but I am loving my Ranger/Paladin. I've been a compulsive goody two shoes since BG1, and I love the RP side of being someone that is equipped to travel the wilderness to defend those who need it. Also I get a pet.

• Like 2

I've really only started my first playthrough (about 7 hours in), but I am loving my Ranger/Paladin. I've been a compulsive goody two shoes since BG1, and I love the RP side of being someone that is equipped to travel the wilderness to defend those who need it. Also I get a pet.

First, love the avatar...I wonder how many people even catch the reference(s). 

Second, Kind Wayfarer?

Might I ask how you distributed your stats?

SInce KotOR i like Jedi classes. And it POE terms Ciphers are nearest. They have mindtricks, kind of Lightsaber and need to stay focused.

Generally MC since not many games allow it, and if i can, i do. Cipher/Rogue fits so well RP wise. Cipher/Barbarian works on Serafen just fine. Cipher with Paladin/Fighter/Monk is something to try in the future.

Most classes look interesting. MC is very tempting since not many games offer it.

POE2 encourages to ask if "can i make Chanter/Wizard, Druid/Ranger, Wizard/Fighter... work" and try to make it happen.

Not really into Monks since they work different.

No love for Priests since their offer is rather limited.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

Well I get my kicks from beautiful synergy so mostly about mechanics and I've always only played glasscannon/rogue style characters.

The one I finished the game on my first playthrough:
Helwalker/Streetfighter, Human
+might, +dex, +int, +attack speed, -recovery, +critdmg, +firedmg +pen

Maximize accuracy and attack speed to get more crits, even riposte actually worked surprisingly well.
Swift flurry + heartbeat drumming -> more attacks
Hobble on crit from weapon, weaken on crit from passive -> Deathblows activated

Not that many good strikes though on this one, I ended up using devastating blow but it seemed a marginal dmg increase.
Mostly it was almost as good to let him do basic attacks on his own.
Already cried about it in another thread but armor and the dmg reduction on lower health stuff made him unkillable,
which kind of took the fun out of it in the end, but can't wait to pit this one against (hopefully) stronger DLC mobs.

Inspired by this something I want to try after the balance patches is (if they don't utterly destroy monk)
Helwalker/Fury, Nature Godlike
Same thing but swift strikes activates wellspring of life and gets wounds from dance of death, use relentless storm, attack from range with shapeshift.
Also gets that sweet blink ability and single target lightning thing.
Name her Thor or Zeus or Gene or something I guess. Should be pretty cool!

TL;DR
I love Helwalker

• Like 1

Easiest question I've ever had to answer. I love Paladins and Ciphers, and I love Paladin/Ciphers even more. I've always liked the idea behind Paladins, that uncompromising dedication towards ones ideals that gives one Strength beyond simple physical prowess, coupled with the nobility and bravery of being a warrior. Now that I don't even have to restrict those ideals to those of a nanny, I like the class even more. Ciphers reflect similar mental prowess but in a completely different way, having a unique way to garner insight and to get to the truth, and all in all everything a Cipher is feels like the missing half of being a Paladin. A Cipher Paladin has both sides of the coin, a Paladin's dedication towards one's path and the Ciphers ability to navigate that path.

I'd really love to see more (and more fleshed out) Paladin orders in the game, I'd like to see an order dedicated to Truth so fiercely that they actively seek out and torture and kill liars and charlatans (favors honesty and cruelty), an order utterly dedicated to prowess in combat (favors aggression and passion), and an order dedicated to secrecy and protecting either the Gods and their Priests and Temples or perhaps Engwithan Ruins, in which case the order could be an off-shoot of the leaden key or something (favors stoicism and shadiness), just to voice a few ideas.

I just wish the game didn't piss on my hopes for getting special dialogue options due to being a Darcozzi Paladin. Hell, even when facing a certain Darcozzi Paladin Deathguard the game makes zero nods towards the fact that I, in fact, am a freaking Darcozzi Paladin! I hope this is just one of those bugs that plague just about everything in the game and that this travesty of justice gets rectified posthaste. 

• Like 2

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

Single Class Ranger. All day, every day.

If Ranger's were ever to be removed from PoE, I would definitely have to start a revolution. 

:fdevil:  :fdevil:  :fdevil:

I have always loved the idea of an outdoor archetype with a strong bond to nature (not those crazy tree-hugging druids though), affinity for animals and the ability to be a deadly sniper from long range using a traditional bow. It's everything I want in my current life. 

Edited by Jayngo
  • Like 3

Single Class Ranger. All day, every day.

If Ranger's were ever to be removed from PoE, I would definitely have to start a revolution. 

:fdevil:  :fdevil:  :fdevil:

I have always loved the idea of an outdoor archetype with a strong bond to nature (not those crazy tree-hugging druids though), affinity for animals and the ability to be a deadly sniper from long range using a traditional bow. It's everything I want in my current life. 

druid have a stronger bond to nature then unwashed stalky brooder ranger  :p

you just jealouse of crazy tree hugger cose we get to smack peoples with a staff !  :lol:

We are also VERY AWESOME!  we get to play Judge and executioner on the spot! Anyone who defile that growing fungi get it! No mercy! 

while ranger just stick to a cabin , protecting fat villager in exchange of 'Stew of the day!' . 

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Suppose it's only fair that I chime in on my own preference now.

My favorite class is also the one that I currently think is the weakest in the game (how typical, right?):

Single-class Priest.

mumbling spell not your cup of tea ?  :biggrin:

they are supposed to be strong . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Single Class Fighter (subclassed as Unbroken). Main role being tanking. Time to make the enemy come to me.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Rogues are pretty fun to play in POE, especially in POE2.

I'm thinking my next character will be a Rogue of some sort.

every hardcore beta player knows deadfire rogues are worthless-- no more than excrement on eothas' heel.

am being sarcastic for those unaware.  am still finding it mind boggling how close minded were many folks concerning deadfire rogue potential, particular as so few actual bothered to try playing a rogue.

HA! Good Fun!  

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm raring to try sneaking and stealth next time around too. This first playthrough of mine is dictated a lot by my aggressive Bleakwalker. Attack first, ask questions later...

You know the drill.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm raring to try sneaking and stealth next time around too. This first playthrough of mine is dictated a lot by my aggressive Bleakwalker. Attack first, ask questions later...

You know the drill.

if you play a sneaky stabby thief...make it orlan! they have the fluffiest ears ever! with a hood and two pointy daggers! Ohhh and make sure you retire rich..for..ahem...my royalty!  :lol:

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

I love monks because kung-fu.

:lol: Thanx to you..now I have kung-fu fighters song in my head! 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller