Cinema Paradise - the Movie Thread Transformed

Amentep

Yeah, my sexual organ is definitely more racist than my brain. I think it's the same with most people.

------

Saw Silence by Martin Scorsese. I thought it was better than most of his films, which many probably wouldn't agree with. Loved the tense atmosphere and the setting. Feudal Japan is always fun.

I need to watch that. On my side I really enjoyed Masahiro Shinoda's 1971 version of the novel, and would definitely recommend it.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Dude, it is just fact that women of all races find Asian males the 'least attractive'. That isn't me or Hollywood. That is women. even Asian women aren't as gungo ho about Aasian men like other races are of their old. Just like, sadly, black women as opposed to black men are not usually rated high on the 'sexometer'. of coruse there are exceptions though. Sometimes the truth is harsh.

Just like the harsh truth is I'm a '1'. You just have to suck up the hard facts. Don't cry over it. LMAO

I vaguely recall reading this somewhere before too but I don't remember the source

Though I remember it slightly different in that all women tended to prefer their own race

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Dude, it is just fact that women of all races find Asian males the 'least attractive'. That isn't me or Hollywood. That is women. even Asian women aren't as gungo ho about Aasian men like other races are of their old. Just like, sadly, black women as opposed to black men are not usually rated high on the 'sexometer'. of coruse there are exceptions though. Sometimes the truth is harsh.

Just like the harsh truth is I'm a '1'. You just have to suck up the hard facts. Don't cry over it. LMAO

I vaguely recall reading this somewhere before too but I don't remember the source

Though I remember it slightly different in that all women tended to prefer their own race

I've seen screenshots of these statistics a couple times already, but never a "real" source.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dude, it is just fact that women of all races find Asian males the 'least attractive'. That isn't me or Hollywood. That is women. even Asian women aren't as gungo ho about Aasian men like other races are of their old. Just like, sadly, black  women as opposed to black men are not usually rated high on the 'sexometer'. of coruse there are exceptions though. Sometimes the truth is harsh.

LMAO right back. Who the heck is "crying"? You seem to be under the impression my lighthearted post was trying to dispute your "facts". I don't give a poop about anything like that and I certainly don't care about convincing you of anything in that regard. Why would I bother.

There's hot Asian actors in the world. That's all I said - not sure where I said anything about who finds what sexiest. And regarding my not wanting Hollywood touching Gong Yoo - since there's often the issue of language and heavy accent barrier re: many actual overseas Asian stars trying to "make it" in Hollywood, I probably don't have to worry too much there. :p

But keep it up, dude. You're as entertaining as ever. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Witht he last name Gross,  what did you expect? It had to happen eventually. I still have to watch this one but you just warned me that iit contains more horror than the other 5 combined so I dunno now. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell

I could have gone my whole life without seeing Michael Gross' ass, but a solid installment to the franchise none the less. :lol:

I have seen only first two movies, I guess there is now like 8 of them? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Peppermint = Fun vengeance film done in the spirit of   the recent The Equalizer, Death Wish, and John Wick.  Jennfier Garner kicks azz, takes names, and very minimal SJW Nazi interverence hence why you do see them hyping it up for a 'storng woman'. Ms. garner is awesomesauce showing no mercy. Of coruse, SJWs hate this movie because this film includes a whitey mcwhite women with angel wings saving minorities from other minorities. Oh, but let's not forget, she save swhitey from whitey too. 8.5/10, 9.5/10 for SJW Nazi butthurt.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It would be hilarious if the eye patch changed eyes too. :lol:

Film wise, theres six of them, with a few television and video games sprinkled on top. This particular movie was straight-to-video.

It would be hilarious if the eye patch changed eyes too. :lol:

Film wise, theres six of them, with a few television and video games sprinkled on top. This particular movie was straight-to-video.

Kevin Bacon was going to return to a new tv series following on from the first two films. But alas, apparently it got cancelled before they could really get the pilot going.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got around to watching Solo.

Hm. Really not sure what to make of it. There were good bits but something didn't quite seem to gel for the whole thing.

Got around to watching Solo.

Hm. Really not sure what to make of it. There were good bits but something didn't quite seem to gel for the whole thing.

I think playing someone else's character is a large reason why if felt off. That and it was a very contrived "slice of life" that we got to see. I thought it was rather unsatisfying and they couldn't really get Solo to match an appropriate emotional tone with what a real person might be going through. Instead of his character developer, he was already pre-born as Solo, who simply had to apply what he already had to a grander scheme.

• Like 1

I think in some ways Solo never really played as if Han was really that competent.  He mostly bounces between bumbling luck and bumbling unluck with Han being mouthy and bragging regardless of the situation. Also for the whole "this is how he became a skillfull smuggler" backstory... There was very little element to him really learning the ropes or picking up skills, the skim over him being an Imperial Trainee and jump to infantry and then the rapid drop into heist crew.