Cinema Paradise - the Movie Thread Transformed

Amentep

I would be happy with a Jar Jar film...

I mean, it would do a hell of alot better in sales and quality in sales and quality of any Star Wars film.

StarJarWars (SJW)... That would be the name of it and I'd happily support Disney if they'd do this, it would be a comic relief as well as finally something original within the Star Wars franchise.

Yes, we NEED a Jar Jar film. It would dump stereotypes on their heads or rather exalt them lmao Can you imagine the chaos that would erupt among the already divided fanbase, it's both the Star Wars film that we need and what we deserve.

https://youtu.be/8yy3q9f84EA

It wouldn't be any more out of place that Yoda getting his own film if we're being honest. Jar Jar is more iconic now after all.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Funny thing is that much like the Prequels in general Jar Jar has largely been rehabilitated by the fans. TPM is not a good movie, but I've always thought that it really suffered perception wise from having The Matrix release just before it with the Matrix being 'cool' and TPM being so kitsch in comparison.

Hopefully they keep Kennedy on and the films continue to wind up the fanbase, is amusing watching these people rage.

She absolutely should go, but not for any rage inducing reasons. Her primary goal was to keep the franchise successful financially and instead it's declined notably in that respect. In particular having two directors with diametrically opposed views for TFA/ TLJ was abjectly moronic; complaints about 'forced diversity' and the like would have no weight if it was being run well otherwise.

If we're being honest... Jar Jar is a much better character than 3CPO, Jabba, Yoda or Han Solo but... since it's not a classic character, I can see how people discredit him.

Had Jar Jar been introduced in the classic trilogy, he wouldn't have been hated but embraced by all at any level. It's just how it works...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Thing is 3CPO, Yoda, Jabba and Han Solo are pretty bland characters, I mean, removing my opinion and the "old people's" trilogy bias and putting all Star Wars on the same plate - as no trilogy is really better than the other anyways (just different). Jar Jar was at least interesting enough to stir and divide the fans, as fas as the eye can see, he's one of the best things to happen in Star Wars history - besides Disney and Lego :)

Btw, I do not remember who Wickett is, yet I call myself a SW fan lol

Edit:

On the subject of Star Wars, the Solo flopping made Disney cancel the next two spin-offs. The massive loss is enough to make Disney worry? I remember when people said "Star Wars will never flop" well..it did and don't be surprised next time when the classic trilogy comes to theater on the big anniversary, that will definitely flop as well.

Edited by SonicMage117

Had Jar Jar been introduced in the classic trilogy, he wouldn't have been hated but embraced by all at any level. It's just how it works...

Yeah, exactly how everyone just loves the Ewocs. I mean, they are the best part of the old movies, right?

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

..Disney cancel the next two spin-offs..

Nothing has been cancelled, they're just re-evaluating forthcoming projects- most of which have not even been formally announced anyway. It probably means no annual releases (for a while) but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Jar Jar was at least interesting enough to stir and divide the fans, as fas as the eye can see, he's one of the best things to happen in Star Wars history - besides Disney and Lego :)

#JustSonicThings

Sure, just like I said Solo would flop and people here thought I was crazy lol ;)

I was curious, so here are the three posts our good friend SonicMage had on the subject of the Solo movie:

I get almost more of a Blade Runner type of vibe from the Solo trailer... which I don't mind :) I wonder how it will turn out.

I want to see a Boba Fett movie but it will never happen, would be great though with Disney in charge.

(can't quote due to age): "The new Han Solo movie looks meh. Seems like peoplw don't really care about old Han Solo anymore so I'm wondering how it will do compared to the likes of Rogue One in sales."

​In his mind, this constituted him predicting that Solo would fail. To his credit, Hurlshot and Volourn expressed disbelief that a Star Wars movie could fail, while I (for example), would later say, "...The Solo movie? The one that looks like the worst one yet (excepting the prequels) that also had a media circus for its problems? ...Yeah, don't be too optimistic there." And then we spent an entire page of the thread making fun of Star Wars and how downhill it all seemed to be going.

​​

Sure, just like I said Solo would flop and people here thought I was crazy lol ;)

​Yes, that's definitely what happened.

• Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If we're being honest... Jar Jar is a much better character than 3CPO, Jabba, Yoda or Han Solo but... since it's not a classic character, I can see how people discredit him.

How is he better than those?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Those comments were made before the film was further from release - when the teaser was released. I believe the thread in which I predicted that Solo would fail (was after I made that comment )was deleted and that was when trailer 2 was released so I had a much better idea... that's why I'm not in favor of threads being deleted just to keep the forums "clean looking" :(

Where I said I was worried about it not bringing enough money in and I specifically stated people are getting tired of Star Wars - not because it's getting worse (it has always been the same quality) but because there are just better things.

The original reply to my original comment was, and I remember it quite clearly: "People will always want to see Star Wars, Star Wars will never lose money"

As said before, when the original trilogy gets back to theater during the next anniversary, it's not going to make anything. So we know that it has nothing to do with new vs old movies, it has to do with people just not caring about Star Wars anymore.

I don't disagree with my initial comments that were quoted, I love that Disney is in charge, Disney is great, much better than Lucas Arts slaughtering the franchise slowly.

As for why and how Jar Jar is a better character than Solo, let's discuss.

Jar Jar was the character that got Lucas accused of stereotypes, racism and other controversial topics. While none of this was true of course. Relatively on the issue, we didn't get that tropical feel from the character, it's just that when people don't like something or someone, they'll try to find anything they can to burn it.

Jar Jar is now more iconic than Yoda. Presumably because all the hate worked in his favor in the end so maybe we can thank the haters for that. Either way, it would have been thought unbelievable that Jar Jar could become more iconic ovee the years due to the backlash they faced.

JarJar Binks the hero. Most people here probably don't realize that Jar Jar Binks is a hero and a warrior, a strategist in command forces for the resistance. When did this come to being?

Well, in The Clone Wars' secret battles. Jar Jar's character development through canon material is far more both direct and indirect. There's alot of crossing and contradiction there which makes his character far more interesting than say the "I was put together by Anakin and I'm still the same bot 60 years from now" or "I was a scoundrel who became irrelevant though I owned the greatest ship in the galaxy" There aren't really any layers to the famed front-runners of Star Wars which I mentioned in my prior comments.

On origins, we also learn more about Jar Jar's past in The Clone Wars tv shows (in case you're wondering, the answer is yes, the shows are much more indepth and better written that the movies). The ability to go more into a character's origins without deflection can only really be done in a tv show - prove me wrong!

Thus, I can say that Yoda, Jabba, 3CPO and Han Solo are in comparison shallow compared to Jar Jar and I haven't gotten into the Lego side stories which are actually canon as well. However if members don't want to accept that the Clone Wars tv show and Lego side stories are canon to Star Wars franchise, that's another issue altogether. It would be strange but I could see it happening lol

Edited by SonicMage117

They aren't deleted - for example, the previous movie thread where the trailer was shown is still around, it's just not in the thread list. I'm not sure in which thread it would be then, since I looked at both the "Nerdgasm" and "Movie" threads for all your posts, and you said you made those comments closer to release, which would be this thread, since the last comment I quoted from you was near the end of the previous movie thread.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ahhhhh I'm not sure then. Sorry :(

We are getting a live action Gundam movie... I know what you guys are thinking (yes, I do know)... You're thinking, why Gundam when Gundam is terrible compared to Macross X?

Why, indeed? Well my good friends, there's no reason to whine just yet. This franchise has more hope than Michael Bay's Transformer trilogy, thatsfor darn sure and since it's low budget that likely means more relatable story, better actors, better props and effects due to passion as we all know. Roll that beautiful bean footage!

We are getting a live action Gundam movie... I know what you guys are thinking (yes, I do know)... You're thinking, why Gundam when Gundam is terrible compared to Macross X?

actually I was mostly just thinking "lol, weebtrash"

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm on mobile but when I punched in Star Wars, it says I have talked about Star Wars on 6 pages of threads lol There is so much, alot which I don't even remember.