Politics' Official Eighteenth Thread

Amentep

If the rain falls and irrigates my garden that is legal. If i collect that water in 50ga drums and use it to irrigate that same garden when it's not raining it is illegal. Please explain that one to me. This nanny state BS is long out of control.

BTW in case you are wondering it's because water is a utility controlled by the government. That means the government sells us water. And then makes it illegal to get water in ways they don't profit from. It's sort of like capitalism only you have absolutely no choice in the matter. Of course I have a well but I'm in the minority.  .

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Expiration dates, allergy warnings, temp requirements. That's the right to be informed. The freedom to act as an informed agent. Society has learned that shoddy ventures basically steal from their clients at expense of their health and by preying on their expectations. I.e. circumventing informed consent of a transaction.

Sure people generally know what they are getting with a child's lemonade stand, I don't think a local government is going to make people jump through crazy loops for such a thing. It's a good parent/child project to take the requisite preparations.

Though inviting someone onto your private property and having them "split the cost" of the expense for the "dining." Should not need approval. It's hardly a business at that point.

I'm not an ant-vacc guy. But I AM anti-compulsion. You don't want to get you kids vaccinated don't expect to get them in public school, or other services if you don't. You want to go live like Grizzly Adams on a mountain top I'll let you slide on the vaccines. But if you change your mind, roll 'em up buddy.

It does not have to be all of one thing or the other you know? But it passed the line from protection of the public to unreasonable, heavy handed burden somewhere along the way.

I grow vegetables. I take what I can't eat and sell it to the farmer's market in Covington. At pennies on the dollar of it's value since technically I'm wholesale and they are retail. They take what they buy from me and sell it to the public. It does not get "inspected" or anything. They dump them from hampers to big wooden display bins. I know because I helped him do it. But if I decided to sell my vegetables from my home, it's illegal. This isn't a tax issue. Food is not taxed in TN. It's because he got on his knees and begged the Crown for permission to sell and paid his "tribute" in a license fee.

The government, any government loves only one thing. And it is NOT it's citizens. It loves money. It exists for the sole purpose of self perpetuation. Not service. Unless you count self-service. And they have done a great job of convincing everyone we need them to save us from our poor stupid helpless selves. Whoever will stop me from buying rotten meat from the weird guy in a van on the side of the road if not the government?  Or save us from those dangerous children and their lemonade stands.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why do things have expiration dates, or allergy warnings, or temperature requirements , or etc.? But I sense were just running down the rabbit hole now, so Ill back out of this discussion slowly.

Pretty sure that's providing useful information to consumers but I am guessing that is fascism getting in the way of glorious capitalism or something. I agree with you popping smoke and withdrawing is the best course here. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"You don't want to get you kids vaccinated don't expect to get them in public school"

Public schools are for everybody. Nobody should be banned.  In fact, parents can get in trouble if they don't send their kids to school. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My point being it should be OK to have more stringent requirements on larger professional business like retail grocery stores and restaurants at the same time as not making the poor guy selling cans sodas outside the ball park get the exact same kind of license. It's OK to not seize Tino's Pizza food truck and throw that poor guy in prison for a year because he can't pay the same fees as Pizza Hut has to. And I would hope people are smart enough to understand that if you buy a pizza from Pizza hut you are far less likely to get sick than if you et one from Tino BECAUSE of that. Caveat Emptor. I would HOPE people would understand that. Of course reading some of the posts on this thread gives me pause in that hope.

Like I said it does not have to be all of one thing or another. You can have safe restaurants AND kids lemonade stands. Grocery stores AND community fresh markets. Well, actually no you can't any more. Because Big Brother wants his tribute and he never, ever gives something back once he's taken it away from us. The fact that people cheer him for doing it sickens me.

Thomas Sowell

"You don't want to get you kids vaccinated don't expect to get them in public school"

Public schools are for everybody. Nobody should be banned.  In fact, parents can get in trouble if they don't send their kids to school. LMAO

Well they better get them vaccinated then. But homeschooling is a thing here... for now.

Thomas Sowell

As for lemonade fans, only Nazis are pro stopping kids from having lemonade stands. And, this whole 'it's for safety reasons' is purely a smoke screen to allow Nazism to have power, control, and slavery. Same with the whole rainwater nonsense.

"Well they better get them vaccinated then"

Ahh.. You are one of those fake freedomers. Just another  SJW trying to control what other people do, say, or think. K then.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If food is tax free in TN then what tribute is Big Brother getting? The license fee? That's what you're arguing against?

Yes. That is one thing. Why do I need a license to sell the exact, EXACT same vegetables the farmer's market does. Come to that why does HE need one? Why do the kids need a $129 license to sell lemonade for $ 0.75 a cup? Why does the guy outside the ballpark need one to sell cans of soda for $1?  Why do I need a permit to replace a fence that ALREADY EXISTS on the property I supposedly own?

Some things I can see. I understand why you need a permit to drill a well. There are good reasons for that. I understand my you need a permit to build a house, change the elevation of your property, etc. These things have effects that go beyond the borders of your property, But it  has gone well beyond that. Now you need their permission to do every goddamned thing including landscaping in a lot of places. And that permission must be paid for. Which is of course the whole point. You might even call it a bribe. Or "tribute" to the "king." It amounts to the same thing. It's taking money to keep the police you showing up and shutting you down. The mafia does that kind of thing too. It's called protection. From them. And people think it's all done to keep them safe. Safe from what? Have you ever bought a sandwich from the roach coach? Or an ice cream cones from the ice cream truck? Did you die? Of course not. Do you expect that same quality from them as from Subway or DQ? Of course not.

Thomas Sowell

"Well they better get them vaccinated then"

Ahh.. You are one of those fake freedomers. Just another  SJW trying to control what other people do, say, or think. K then.

:lol:  No but is the service comes with a condition like "Children must we wearing clothes" or "children must be reasonably protect from contracting or spreading communicable diseases" and you still want to use that service well then you need to do what you need to do.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Yes. That is one thing. Why do I need a license to sell the exact, EXACT same vegetables the farmer's market does. Come to that why does HE need one? Why do the kids need a $129 license to sell lemonade for $ 0.75 a cup? Why does the guy outside the ballpark need one to sell cans of soda for $1?  Why do I need a permit to replace a fence that ALREADY EXISTS on the property I supposedly own?

Some things I can see. I understand why you need a permit to drill a well. There are good reasons for that. I understand my you need a permit to build a house, change the elevation of your property, etc. These things have effects that go beyond the borders of your property, But it  has gone well beyond that. Now you need their permission to do every goddamned thing including landscaping in a lot of places. And that permission must be paid for. Which is of course the whole point. You might even call it a bribe. Or "tribute" to the "king." It amounts to the same thing. It's taking money to keep the police you showing up and shutting you down. The mafia does that kind of thing too. It's called protection. From them. And people think it's all done to keep them safe. Safe from what? Have you ever bought a sandwich from the roach coach? Or an ice cream cones from the ice cream truck? Did you die? Of course not. Do you expect that same quality from them as from Subway or DQ? Of course not.

I understand the spirit of your points, I just don't agree. And I don't want to harsh a good rant but, food trucks require licenses and permits.

They do require a license. The question is should they? If you make a thing more expensive you will have less of it. If you want more commerce then making commerce harder to do is not the way to go about it. But it isn't about that. It's just about extorting a little money.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

My point being it should be OK to have more stringent requirements on larger professional business like retail grocery stores and restaurants at the same time as not making the poor guy selling cans sodas outside the ball park get the exact same kind of license. It's OK to not seize Tino's Pizza food truck and throw that poor guy in prison for a year because he can't pay the same fees as Pizza Hut has to. And I would hope people are smart enough to understand that if you buy a pizza from Pizza hut you are far less likely to get sick than if you et one from Tino BECAUSE of that. Caveat Emptor. I would HOPE people would understand that. Of course reading some of the posts on this thread gives me pause in that hope.

Like I said it does not have to be all of one thing or another. You can have safe restaurants AND kids lemonade stands. Grocery stores AND community fresh markets. Well, actually no you can't any more. Because Big Brother wants his tribute and he never, ever gives something back once he's taken it away from us. The fact that people cheer him for doing it sickens me.

I agree that small time and low risk (meaning that they sell only food items that will not go bad easilly if stored poorly) pop-up limonade stands/shops/restaurants should be allowed to operate without license. I find bit strange that in this issue Finland has less regulations than USA, as usually we are much stricter when it comes to regulating food and other nutritional things.

They do require a license. The question is should they? If you make a thing more expensive you will have less of it. If you want more commerce then making commerce harder to do is not the way to go about it. But it isn't about that. It's just about extorting a little money.

Imo, yes. If you are selling any consumable item to the public, they you need a license and permit, full stop. Blanket policies exist precisely because everyone feels that they should be exempt wrt whatever they're individually doing. "Let the people figure out on their own that the meat is rancid!" I don't believe that you believe that.

Hmmm, by chance are you guys anti-vaxers too? What with that damn government forcing children to be inoculated against transmissible diseases in order to attend public schools. Im just trying to figure out how much or little effort to put into this discussion. :p

The owners of a school or any business can place whatever rules they like in their property.

I'm against public schools, but that's separate matter.

actually, having public schools is very beneficial for maintaining your dominance over the plebs. Cause now you can tell the children they also had the chance to go to school, just they weren’t smart enough to make it, thus having them believe the ****ty situation they were born into is their fault. If you don’t have public schools, they might actually notice something is not quite right when they can’t pay the school fees.

Edit: or am I missing something and you use „public school“ like the British do, confusingly meaning „private school“?

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

MMR vaccine gives kids autism, dontchaknow?

But... but... autism is caused by tiny parasites living in your intestines. That's why chemical bleach enemas help autistic kids. :yes: 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

But... but... autism is caused by tiny parasites living in your intestines. That's why chemical bleach enemas help autistic kids. :yes:

Aye, current thinking is that gut microbes may play a part. Link 1Link 2.

That's why I always eat my heavily regulated and taxed Yoplait yogurt. A yogurt a day keeps the retardation away!