Politics' Official Eighteenth Thread

Amentep

Is putting a hand on the shoulder of a female employee harassment nowadays?

Depends on what your other hand is doing at the time.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is putting a hand on the shoulder of a female employee harassment nowadays?

I think this is generally frowned upon unless you are trying to squeeze into a conversation circle. It's kind of a power move unless you are friends on good terms.

I get pretty concerned over the accusations against the elderly, because there is a lot more at play than abuse of power or misogyny. Mental capacity does change as you get into your twilight years. If Freeman has decades of this type of behavior, that is one thing. But if it has manifested itself late into his 70's, odds are this is more of a sign of diminished capacity.

What behavior, did you seen that video? he was just nice to her, maybe little flirty or flattering, ITS NOT BAD BEHAVIOR, and its definetelly not worth shaming man by associating him with rapists. Jesus

I'm not sure who is associating him with rapists, but trying to lift the skirt of a woman would qualify as terrible behavior. 

• Like 1

surely not terribly, inappropriate for sure, also depends on what is meant by it, I doubt he just grabbed her and push her skirt up... if he even done so

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

surely not terribly, inappropriate for sure, also depends on what is meant by it, I doubt he just grabbed her and push her skirt up... if he even done so

No, that is terrible behavior. In what world is it alright to try and lift up a lady's skirt? I couldn't even doing that to my wife outside of a private setting. It's completely terrible.

• Like 1

rape is terrible, childish try for upskirt (and not even proven), is worth a slap. I am not saying you should do it, but making a deal out of it? lol

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No, that is terrible behavior. In what world is it alright to try and lift up a lady's skirt? I couldn't even doing that to my wife outside of a private setting. It's completely terrible.

I'm not a woman, so I can't pretend to know exactly what it's like to have something like that happen to you (since this sort of thing is obviously viewed differently if you're a man or a woman). The rough equivalent for a guy would probably be getting your pants pulled down* - that's pretty humiliating, especially in a professional setting (which from the sounds of it, this woman was in when it was occurring). He did it enough times that another co-worker had to tell him to stop - I literally can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to continue to take that crap (especially after having your co-workers notice!), because I literally wouldn't allow it to continue. But again, I'm not a woman - from what we've seen in many cases (and from stories our wives, sisters, mothers, etc. have told at least some of us), some women obviously feel they have to take it and simply try to work around it as best they can until they can quietly get away from it.

*Very roughly. Generally, for guys that would be done for laughs - there isn't usually a sexual element involved, which there obviously was here.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

rape is terrible, childish try for upskirt (and not even proven), is worth a slap. I am not saying you should do it, but making a deal out of it? lol

Rape is a good deal more than terrible. That's why we send rapists to prison, typically for a long time. 

countdown 'til Sharpie appears and explains to us that the bitch was asking for it and probably also wanted whatshisface to choke her out in private: 10... 9... 8...

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

countdown 'til Sharpie appears and explains to us that the bitch was asking for it and probably also wanted him to choke her out in private: 10... 9... 8...

The bitch was asking for it and probably also wanted him to choke her out in private.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I wonder. Can a sex robot be raped? Or worse... can someone be raped by a sex robot?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The robot would simply by the instrument, some person(s) would be liable for such a crime. Robots don't and won't have rights, and robots are also different from AI/Artificial Consciousness.

So there's you're answer.

Oh sure that's how it is now. But when folks are walking them down the isle in 2045 who can say. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As long as they are bots (as bots are things that have programming that they follow to letter and they don't have any capacity of making decision out side those programmed in them, so they either follow commands of their controller or in case of autonomous bots commands of people who programmed) then they are just tools, but if they become self aware in any point of time then we had to talk who is responsible of crimes they commit and what rights they have if crimes are commited against them.

Will robot prisons be a thing or are they just getting disassembled? Wouldn't disassembling be pretty hardcore? It's like death penalty after all.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No it isn't. I'm surprised that hasn't happened to Hurlshot considering he is in Kalifornia.

For me, I open doors for everyone. Gender does not matter with door opening, imo.

I doubt it's common. Only extremists would get butthurt over it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chelsea-clinton-donald-trump-degrades-meaning-american/

I don't know about that. I mean, if that were really true, then you would find few presidents that didn't degrade what it means to be an American. Whatever your political beliefs are, everyone should be able to recognize that the Lewinsky scandal degraded the presidency, as did Bush throwing up on the Japanese Premier. We've had internment camps for Japanese Americans and a Civil War. Trump has his work cut out for him if he really wants to degrade what it means to be American, but honestly I'd say American's shouldn't expect the President to personify the country.

Is everyone supposed to queue up and fully open their own door, then shut it fully behind them? You hold a door to maintain a flow of foot traffic and to prevent a door from slamming into someone.

The only crime is holding a door for someone that is slightly too far away. Forcing them to make you wait, or forcing them to hustle.

Holding doors is common courtesy, it behind being misplaced chivalry is indeed a myth.

Edited by injurai

Yet, I do believe we can agree that chivalry, in general, is indeed an expression of male dominance; that is, women are men‘s responsibility to be treated well. Women however are to smile and to be thankful for this. There’s a certain difference in the worth ascribed to each of the two here.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I have held doors open for people all my life and never been lectured. That is just a silly myth.

This is my experience as well, I have heard the argument from feminists and gender  equality activists around why opening doors for women can  be seen as a negative but in RL I have never had anyone actually criticize me for doing it

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yet, I do believe we can agree that chivalry, in general, is indeed an expression of male dominance; that is, women are men‘s responsibility to be treated well. Women however are to smile and to be thankful for this. There’s a certain difference in the worth ascribed to each of the two here.

Yes, that's why I treat you guys like crap, to not express my male dominance ;)

No kiddo, women are to be treated well because it's a decent thing to treat other people well. And saying thank you verbally or non verbally is a decent thing to do when people are nice to you.

I think it’s highly situational. Any such act can be either simple decency or expression of hierarchy... I’m not trying to say it is always one thing, it’s that it can be both. Which is worth remembering.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Chivalry has never been about male dominance over woman, it's structuring a knight to be worthy to fill the privileged roll that they have been granted. Knighthood was much more about religious piety, and being a servant soldier. As time went on the institution survived more as a form of noble distinction, and the social elements remained. But this did not grant a knight dominance over woman, it was about providence amongst one's peers.

Because woman had certain rolls at that time, it's somehow seen as chivalry being the institution that maintained such things. Which is laughable. Only in modern times when people are insistent on changing things meaning in order to be correct, would your definition hold any water.