Funny Posts - New and Improved with Same Great Taste

Amentep

An affect is a causal relation. (verb)

An effect describes that causation itself. (noun)

The Tohoku earthquake affected the surrounding area.

The effect was a tsunami.

The Tohoku tsunami affected the Fukashima nuclear plant and the surrounding town.

The effect was it's destruction, and a catastrophic failure of the nuclear plant, and the destruction of the surrounding town due to flooding.

Fukashima affected thousands of people's lives.

The effect of Fukashima was immediate uninhabitable due to nuclear radiation.

Next: ensure and insure.  :w00t:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Never have trouble with those words, and I suck at English

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

70b.jpg

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't remember if this has been posted before. What the heck

33121545_1771063252951846_58078433524852

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seems a little overpriced.

33528359_1776608169064021_43612854651107

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

33825672_1778070532251118_59986134903973

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Not really as attendance of either is open to all and no one's assigned to either. Pretty sure there is more ceiling room for segregation.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harvard-segregated-graduation/

Normally I wouldn't link Snopes as a primary source but in this case they have the right info.

... students at Harvard, and not the university itself, had planned an additional ceremony for black students from the Class of 2017.

- Snopes

Black Commencement is open to ALL students regardless of race, color or creed. This is not about segregation, but a celebration of the African Diaspora at Harvard. All students attending Black Commencement will also attend other commencement ceremonies.

- Harvard

Edited by TrueNeutral

Not really as attendance of either is open to all and no one's assigned to either. Pretty sure there is more ceiling room for segregation.

Isn't graduation ceremony the one were you are handed your diploma?

How no one's assigned to either? Will a non black person be called to the stand for their diploma or not?

Confued :wowey:

Any Harvard graduate care to throw some explanation?

If they were mandated to attend one it's much more like segregation as the guy is referencing. They had one in Toronto that was an additional ceremony and people got similarly upset, which was funny.

Given how meaningless these things are (my offical one was mailed), is weird to see people get outraged.

2zsoxdsbcgu01.jpg

• Like 7

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

lol i read a fun article. an old woman had a small altar in her home dedicated to saint Antony and on the altar had a statuette of the saint... what she never realized was that the statuette was a lord of the rings action figure her grandson had bought (Elrond to be precise).

-Teknoman2-