Funny Posts - New and Improved with Same Great Taste

Amentep

personally i don't really care about it, i'm just explaining why people have such a strong negative reaction to it.

to use an analogy, it would be like they made a reboot of pokemon (after the pokemon franchise was in a 20 year hiatus) where the pokemon are alien invader monsters and the protagonist needs to defeat them and use them as parts to make weapons to win the war against them. what old pokemon fan would ever accept something like that? i would gladly watch that reboot though

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

33577128_1726840430692438_32115926592189

• Like 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I need to keep that in mind much more often.

You have some facts to back that up?

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You know, come to think of it I don't recall a single military muster, formation, assembly, or ceremony my entire time in where the National Anthem was played. I wonder how this all got started in the first place, playing before sporting events? Objectively is just seems like an odd thing to do. Yeah it's kind of a tradition in baseball (going back to 1916 IIRC) but I can remember in my lifetime they didn't do it at football games.  In the military there is a colors ceremony every day at dawn and sunset where the flag is raised. There is a song that plays over the loudspeakers and if you are close enough and in uniform it's customary to stop and salute. It takes like 10-15 seconds. It's just odd that it's supposed to honor the military and the military hardly ever plays it.

Edit: Correction, there was one. Boot Camp graduation. That is a real Dog and Pony show so they did play it then.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

IIRC when Baseball did the Star Spangled Banner in 1918's World Series (as a response to the sentiment that due to WWI the series should be cancelled) or the earlier 1862 opening day performance, it wasn't the National Anthem.  During WWII the national anthem was played (first during the 7th ending stretch, then at the beginning of games) and it spread to football.  I think it was Commissioner Elmer Layden who after the end of the WWII said that it shouldn't be dropped for the NFL.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

fe0.jpg

• Like 6

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

fe0.jpg

This is gold xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

sscdjmftppu01.png

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

n5sj5bl8b4t01.jpg

my2wpunjf8t01.jpg

• Like 2

-Teknoman2-

z-funny-31-13.jpg

Sage advice.

I just use effect as impersonal and affect when referring directly to a subject...then again I ain't got no Phd

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

An affect is a causal relation. (verb)

An effect describes that causation itself. (noun)

The Tohoku earthquake affected the surrounding area.

The effect was a tsunami.

The Tohoku tsunami affected the Fukashima nuclear plant and the surrounding town.

The effect was it's destruction, and a catastrophic failure of the nuclear plant, and the destruction of the surrounding town due to flooding.

Fukashima affected thousands of people's lives.

The effect of Fukashima was immediate uninhabitable due to nuclear radiation.

• Like 5