[UI] A huge amount of mag glass examine icons unreachable

IndiraLightfoot

Question

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but it certainly is a bit annoying for me.

I have encountered dozens and dozens (probably over a hundred by now) magnifying glass examine icons that I can't reach no matter how close I'm standing (regardless of approach to the icon).

And I don't mean that a few sit just outside the walkmesh or along map peripheries. There are plenty of unreachable mag glasses in the middle of small rooms, for instance.

Am I the only one reading everything, or am I just unlucky UI-wise here?

My suggestion is making that UI hitbox bigger.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

9 answers to this question

Am I the only one reading everything, or am I just unlucky UI-wise here?

My suggestion is making that UI hitbox bigger.

I've noticed this too.  I don't think it's a matter of being able to 'reach' the areas per se (although there might be some proximity check on some of them??).  But in my case it's more like it's 'difficult' to click on the magnifying glass icon sometimes.   

99% of the time I can do it tho while holding the 'tab' key, not sure if this is universal or not, but I have yet to come across one that really bent me out of shape not being able to read.   Not sure if it's because I can eventually read them 100% of the time, or if I don't care that much 100% of the time.  I'll try to pay closer attention and post again if I have any stupendous discoveries..

Edit: hahha, I spoke too soon.  It just so happened that my last save location had one that I couldn't click on..  See screenshot attached  This is on the map "Imperial Command - Lower" In the Brass Citadel in Nakataka.., 

post-57077-0-69577300-1526395939_thumb.jpg

Edited by tid242
  • Like 1

I've experienced a similar problem but I've noticed that when I clicked the icon with tab the description text was added to dialogues log even if it wasn't displayed on the main "screen", floating on the activator.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 2

I've experienced a similar problem but I've noticed that when I clicked the icon with tab the description text was added to dialogues log even if it wasn't displayed on the main "screen", floating on the activator.

I've noticed that too, so I always flip to that tab when nothing shows up.

Clearly these things don't work right though. But thankfully using Tab key + speech tab and most/all things show up.

Hi IndiraLightfoot,

We were having issues with examinables in earlier patches that we worked on for Patch 1.1 and may not have resolved it all. If you do run into an issue please create individual posts with images would help :)

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...