This forum: a skinning request.

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, I couldn't see a forum support sub.

This has got to be one of the only forums I can think of that doesn't have a "first" and "last" page button when viewing a topic on the mobile skin.

If I'm viewing a 29 page thread I can't see an obvious skip to end or skip to beginning button which would be very helpful.

I can't imagine this is difficult to add to the skin given its pretty common forum functionality? Is it either something we can get added or something that already exists that I'm overlooking like a muppet?

Full apologies if the latter.

• Like 3

I think this is something for the Obsidian General forum (I know other suggestions have went there).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In case you didnt know, you may notice a circle or speech bubble next to each thread title. Clicking it will bring you to the last page that you read. The speech bubble means that you have posted in that thread.

Thanks for that, didn't realise.

I'd still stand behind the original request though, I've seen it on plenty of other similar forums, I'm more surprised it isn't an option here than not tbf.

I've not seen looked at these forums on the full screen skin in ages but I'm guessing it's a feature normally it's just missing off the mobile.

In case you didnt know, you may notice a circle or speech bubble next to each thread title. Clicking it will bring you to the last page that you read. The speech bubble means that you have posted in that thread.

Thanks for that, didn't realise.

I'd still stand behind the original request though, I've seen it on plenty of other similar forums, I'm more surprised it isn't an option here than not tbf.

I've not seen looked at these forums on the full screen skin in ages but I'm guessing it's a feature normally it's just missing off the mobile.

You’re using the skin on mobile? Yeah, I really hate that one and just go to default. For some reason it stays on the black obsidian skin on iPad but on iPhone it always switches to the terrible mobile version.

I have a forum feature request that I've been "nursing" here for 3 years, 9 months. I'm sure my place in the "queue" for "consideration" must be coming up soon! Another year or two maybe? :p

I'm sure Obsidian will look at this request with equal rapidity, so rest assured!! It won't be long now...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

EDIT 2: Oh damn. I've been called out for editing my post. I guess I should have seen THAT one coming! :p I guess I owe you all an explanation now. My initial edit was for... more dots!

Edit 2 explanation, was to provide this oh, so necessary context for the oh, so useful notification that my post had, in fact, been edited. Hope we are all clear now. :)

EDIT 3: Maybe we need an update that indicates the number of times a post has been edited. I'm up to 3, and no one would have any way of knowing that if I didn't call it out. If it's so important to inform about edits that happen within mere second of an initial post, than don't we also owe it to people to let them know if a post was edited multiples times, and precisely how many? It feels like an inconsistency in the approach on the part of Obsidian. If they're going to be draconian about it, which they are, than don't go half way!!!

Thank you.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

lel they didn't even fixed the quotation bugs and **** in years, so don't expect anything like that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, on a more serious note, this website seems to largely be a "set and forget" sort of affair. I imagine if it completely went down that would result in someone getting off their ass to do something about it. But otherwise, not so much. :)

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I feel like I've said this before but we don't actually pay anything for the forum and it has limited potential from a PR perspective (as likely to be a negative as a positive.) It functions really more like a fan site that they are nice enough to host. It is definitely a set and forget situation.