What is your worst single-class in Deadfire?

Your worst single-class in Deadfire (no subclass)?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Your worst single-class in Deadfire?

• Druid
    • Chanter
    • Rogue
    • Paladin
    • Fighter
    • Ranger
    • Wizard
    • Cipher
    • Priest
    • Barbarian
    • Monk

The problem with ranger is how easly pet dies. If you cant keep that thing alive, all fancy dmg pet feats doesnt matter.

There is not enought pet defense passives for marksman. No healing factor for pet. No bonus deflection or other defenses. No bonus health for pet.

Heal companion is long cast, and overpriced.

Dead pet is trauma which could spoil experience with Ranger. And fact that you cant do anything about it is even worse.

I have a wolf and it's fine. If needed, ditch the +damage talent on T1 and get the +2 armor rating instead. They will either remove all the bonus damage they receive (30% from overpen) or make their pen too high for enemy to deal damage (Up to -50% damage). If you just gip the mages and rangers, nothing can kill them anymore in that fight.

I don't even care when the pet dies after I get Mark+AWS tbh. I was playing with like 100 accuracy with AWS in the mid-game while enemies were running around with 50 deflection, 70 on the tank and steel sentinel. Even when my pet dies, I still have like 40 bonus accuracy over enemy deflection by average. The pet serves enough purpose to just be there to take some damage off me or flock a bunch of enemies together after level 16 so I only need 1 twin shot to take down a group of 3 or 4 instead of having to fire twice to cover all of em.

• Like 1

I went back to the last save of my playthrough to check the party summary. Note that my party finished at level 15 (yeah, yeah, I didn't do a completionist run).

My chanter had the most total damage (5k over next place), most crits (skald so I mostly used a single weapon), highest single damage.

Maia was second in all of that and she joined last (I had Tek for a while and then replaced him for her)...and she used a simple exceptional/superb arquebuse (don't ask).

Aloth was third, in all of that (and the poor guy got his AI disabled at some point because I preferred to manage his spells manually, he would probably be top of the list otherwise).

Pallegina was dead last, but Edér wasn't far from her.

Every party member was wearing their starting armor (upgraded when I could) and I never switched Aloth's starting weapon either. I was in Miscreant leather. None of them left the party after joining. 

So based on this, either I don't know how to build a Paladin or Warrior...or Wizard, Chanter and Ranger rocks.

The funniest was total enemies defeated: 143. lol

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

OMG. I can't believe you people. How can Ranger have that many dislikes??? Out of my party of Me (Ranger), Xoti, Eder, Aloth, and the blue Orlan; I have the most kills. BY FAR. The DPS on a Ranger is sick and the aggro (is that even a thing in this game lol) my bear pulls is insane. Add to the fact that my bear hardly dies, is a bullet sponge, and knocks enemies on their tushes, should be proof enough that Ranger is not the worst class.

Surely you people dislike Priest more than Ranger in this game?!?

withdraw, barring deaths door, and empowered holy storm > ranger.

OMG. I can't believe you people. How can Ranger have that many dislikes??? Out of my party of Me (Ranger), Xoti, Eder, Aloth, and the blue Orlan[...]

Huh? How did you add me to your party? Console easter egg?

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For the record Scout Maia was doing very good dmg comparing to Eder Fighter/Rogue and PC Cipher/Rogue.

However that could be related to easy AI, or some gear priority.

Xoti Priest with orbital fire also looks good in stats, but most of it is friendly fire on eder.

Just bird dies to often, and not much could be done about it.

Cipher is awesome because they have the best buff at T9, +8 Pen. With that buff, you are guaranteed to get +100% damage from overpen on anything.

IMO, the weakest is priest. All the spell post-devotion tier are really weak or mediocre.

I'd have to disagree, as Soul Annihilation is the most powerful Power around, and that works best in a multiclass character (Assassin or maybe Streetfighter or Barbarian).

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

For the record Scout Maia was doing very good dmg comparing to Eder Fighter/Rogue and PC Cipher/Rogue.

However that could be related to easy AI, or some gear priority.

Xoti Priest with orbital fire also looks good in stats, but most of it is friendly fire on eder.

Just bird dies to often, and not much could be done about it.

What subclasses on the PC? My Soulblade/Assasin started doing ~130 damage at level 4 with Soul Annihilation on PotD, and no companion got even close to even half total the damage he did from that point on.

Edited by Zoso der Goldene

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

English. Worst class ever.

Seriously, though, I love rogues, rangers, druids in that order. I always suck at Monks and Ciphers. I just end up using ciphers as fighters. I just do not grok them. At all. Monks, I am just not fond of the PoE version. Theologically and philosophically and maybe even ontologically the idea of self-flagellation has always been abhorrent to me, even in the Monty Python sense.

Joe

Wizzards are absolutley useless because most of their spells are AOE and only seem to hit my allies.

Ciphers are the best . How can anyone hate priests? They can heal, buff and cause damage. I never have never used dedicated healers in RPGs because I prefer doing as much DPS as possible but I really like them in POE.

Edited by Dodo00d
  • Like 1

Twin shot is still one of the better damaging skill in the game and again, Triple Ice Shot bow with Twinshot. That thing is broke. You have to be a T9 druid/wizard and Monk to break the damage this thing has to offer from just a press of a button.

https://imgur.com/JpZiuVd

Only like, 5-10% of the game encounter don't get instaAoEgipped by it.

That has jack to do with the class and everything to do with the specific weapon.

• Like 1

Wizzards are absolutley useless because most of their spells are AOE and only seem to hit my allies.

Ciphers are the best . How can anyone hate priests? They can heal, buff and cause damage. I never have never used dedicated healers in RPGs because I prefer doing as much DPS as possible but I really like them in POE.

Priests don't have *enough* healing. Seriously, there's like three healing spellings on Priests through level five. Not nearly enough. It really blows.

Twin shot is still one of the better damaging skill in the game and again, Triple Ice Shot bow with Twinshot. That thing is broke. You have to be a T9 druid/wizard and Monk to break the damage this thing has to offer from just a press of a button.

https://imgur.com/JpZiuVd

Only like, 5-10% of the game encounter don't get instaAoEgipped by it.

That has jack to do with the class and everything to do with the specific weapon.

Yeah if we're going to discuss a single broken item carrying a class, the Lightening Hat makes Priest or Wizard several times better than anything else.

1000's of damage per second and can't die. GG.

Edited by Tosho