Fighter Talent Bugs (Guardian Stance, Unbending & Unbending Trunk)

Rigge

Question

Description:
Not sure if this is the right section for it, but two Fighter abilities / talents aren't exactly working as intended - the Guardian Stance upgrade to Fighter Stances, the Unbending skill, as well as the Unbending Trunk upgrade.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
Guardian Stance reads: "Enemies that disengage from the fighter are immediately attacked and proned, if successful."

What it does: It seems to occur regardless of who disengages, and if the fighter actually performs a disengage attack. You could be running in circles and proning everyone that you engage just by moving out of engagement range.

Unbending reads: "50% of Damage Taken converted into Healing for 15.0 sec."

What it does: It actually converts 100% damage taken to healing, a 1:1 ratio, effectively making the fighter immortal for the duration.

Unbending Trunk reads: "75% of Damage Taken converted into Healing for 15.0 sec."

What it does: Yeah, it heals more than your damage taken, so not only are you immortal, you actively heal any lost health the more you get hit. 

I'm not sure about Guardian Stance, but Unbending and Unbending Trunk applies to NPCs as well, so when they hit that button they become effectively unkillable until the ability expires.

Important Files:
Er, I think this is largely irrelevant, but I'll upload a few videos to showcase it the abilities in question.

Guardian Stance:

Unbending:

Unbending Trunk:

Edited by Rigge
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

Unbending reads: "50% of Damage Taken converted into Healing for 15.0 sec."

What it does: It actually converts 100% damage taken to healing, a 1:1 ratio, effectively making the fighter immortal for the duration.

Unbending Trunk reads: "75% of Damage Taken converted into Healing for 15.0 sec."

What it does: Yeah, it heals more than your damage taken, so not only are you immortal, you actively heal any lost health the more you get hit. 

Interesting.  When I read the ability description, I thought it meant "X% of incoming damage heals you instead of applying damage", in which case the fighter would have net 0 damage/healing at 50% unless they had active damage/healing modifiers.  At 75%, they would have a net gain of health equal to 50% of the incoming damage.

So I think some clarification is necessary from Obsidian for the ability descriptions on these two.

Edited by yoyolll
  • Like 2

I found out about both these bugs today.

Was fighting a Vailian Fighter 4 levels above me, and he had "Unbending Shield" active. I did 23 damage, he healed for 24. I did 44 damage, he healed for 45. I thought that's what that skill did. Then next time I leveled up Eder, I saw the 50% healing in the description, and figured something was not right. Though, I *think* some burst damage did get through: I had Maia do a backstab on that guy for 79 damage, and I'm pretty sure he didn't heal for that amount. The next feedback said he healed for 19 or something. I might be wrong.

I've been noticing the feedback "Guardian Stance hits/misses/grazes..." pop up a lot in combat log, but just now I found out why. The knockdown effect is triggered whenever Eder runs out of engagement range. It looks funny.

Edited by try2handing

yes, enemies with unbending trunk is pretty much unkillable, master captains do that quite often in a boarding fights
i focus them with all my party and do a lot of damage, but they heal even faster 

the moment unbending expires, they die in two seconds
quite positive there is indeed some bug with unbending healing on enemies - it does look like that they healing all the damage, not a part of it