I need help building 2 tanks to protect my backline, self sustain with heals and to do enough dmg to keep aggro..

I have a fighter/pal and a fighter/illusion wiz but I'm not happy with them

I want fighter because I need defence aura for the +3 engagement

I'll probably keep the pally for the heal but what about the other one?

Go Unbroken/Chanter. Use a shield and spear for additional engagements. I'd go robes for the faster action speed as armor does little unless you have an awful lot of it.

Any of the Chanter subs will work - Skald for faster offensive invocations, Beckoner for summoning a horde or Troubadour for fast chants and stacking chants.

A Chanter/Paladin would work as well.

Basically combine any two of:

• Unbroken - fighter buffs, regen and shield mastery
  • Paladin - heals, auras, deep faith
  • Chanter - chants, foe only AoE, summons
  • Priest of Wael - illusion spells and priest spells
  • Trickster - illusion spells
  • Wizard - illusion spells

Fighter/Paladins are pretty fantastic at this. Mine has a higher deflection than Eder despite using a 2H weapon instead of a shield. You can easily reach 150+ on ALL defenses. Chanter/Paladins are great too.

Edited by Judicator

Paladin/Chanter will be ultimate tank (I solo PotD with him now). Defenses are sky high, tons of healing and self-buffs. Fighter will have better AOE melee dmg though. But Paladin will have way more survivability and great single target damage with FoD.

The absolute super tank will be Paladin/Wizard.

Edited by Voltron

I have Shieldbearer/Troubadour (MC) and Eder pure fighter as party tanks. Paladin/Chanter tank is very strong being very durable, providing healing, enemy debuffs, party buffs and powerful spells/summons thourouht the fight. You can use Pallegina with Eder if you want a different role for your MC. Not a Shieldbearer but should not be a problem.

• Like 1

Another reason I want 2 fighter is for the pull ability (saved my backline so many times)

so fighter/chant for sure 1

Still dunno the other

Consider my backline are 3 super squishy min maxed spellcaster

Also how should I build my fighter/chant?

Edited by Edolamberto

If it's for party Fighter/Troubadour will work great. You don't want devoted as Sasha's sabre + Modyr is great combo and being restricted to one weapon is imo bad. Forcus more on empower Chants and play more dmg dealer and let other party healers to focus on that.

If it's for solo Kind Wayfarer/Chanter is imo best and easiest for melee solo. And a lot of fun. Here I focused more on defensive Chants + offensive invocations.

Once you grab Her Courage chant you can sing only that with Troubadour Brisk Invocations modal and you get perma 10 dmg reduction shield on you (well, not perma, but every 3 sec :D).

Both I would build same. So I went (I think, I am in work now) 18 Might, Con 6, Dex 17, Int 18, Per 10 an Resolve 6. With Moon godlike I got 18,6,18,19,10,7. I took Moon Godlike but Nature is also great and for party scenario anything will work. There are some decent helmets in game so don't worry about race that much. I wanted that 19 INT as then I only need +1 INT from items to get that sweet 20 INT spot for Chants to linger together at fullest later.

This gives us high Might for dmg/heals important, High Int (very important for Troubadour and also for paladin), and High Dex (Recovery is important as you will want to wear heavy armor, at least that's what I did and you want to stack that Sasha and Mordyr recovery stacks!). Low Con for Fighter in party can easly be offset by healer and for Kiind Wayfarer by his own Heals. Per I went low as Paladin has Focus aura and Enchants gives ton of extra accuracy. But you can bump it if you want at cost of Dex.

Of course if you feel you need some some other atrrib more- go ahead and change that :).

Edited by Voltron

Fighter/Rogue is also pretty effektive.

So far lvl 16 Eder, did that undead island @lvl15 on PotD, Eder is pretty much immortal sincethe start of the game.

Setup: Medium Shield, Medium Armor, Sword.

Any Medium Armor/Shield will do, as will basicly any weapon. I like sword for Penetration and Choices (there are about 2 billion unique swords in the game and 2 of any other weapon)

Engagement: 1 Base, 1 Rogue (Persistant Distraction), 1 Shield, Optional: Fighter Engagement Passive (i respecced it around lvl 13~14, once i got persistant and realized that i had another +2 from various items)

Stance: Conquerer (there are so many items with bonus engagement, no reason to not switch to conquerer at some point)

Earlier in the game i used the Shield Mastery alot, around lvl 9 it turned into a situational ability and i havnt used it for 2,5 lvl now.

Only toggle Sword Mastery if absolutely necessary as it reduces riposte attacks.

This Setup has enough Defense to be the primary tank for a full party of 5 (using chanter as offtank) with Xoti as the only outside healing and no potions. Im really glad ive gone with Rogue/Fighter instead of some paladin build so hes actually doing really good damage.

Interesting but my idea was to have a pally frontline so I can go full damage with backlines.. That's why I think I'll go fight/chant and pally/chant

I hope it will provide enough healing alone considering I don't plan to get damaged at all in backline

Interesting but my idea was to have a pally frontline so I can go full damage with backlines.. That's why I think I'll go fight/chant and pally/chant

I hope it will provide enough healing alone considering I don't plan to get damaged at all in backline

in that case u cant do anything wrong in keeping your tanks alive. backline is another matter once rogue types, fampyrs and other annoying enemys start ignoring your tanks. if ur pally got short time immortality on lay on hands, ur already set, otherwise look for invisibility and teleport/dash abilities and stun/paralyze to get out

Paladin/Chanter will be ultimate tank (I solo PotD with him now). Defenses are sky high, tons of healing and self-buffs. Fighter will have better AOE melee dmg though. But Paladin will have way more survivability and great single target damage with FoD.

how do you suggest to build them?

I found this build for pally chant https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98968-class-build-the-healing-wall/

Still don't know how to build my fight/chant

double chanter seems really redundant to me. but since you asked

chanter side: take 2 phrases that differ from your pally/chant, get one long (5m cone) hard cc ability, dont take any buffs that the other chanter has

fighter side: get charge so you can compensate for the other tank being immobile, into the fray and knock down to defend your backline. Conquerer Stance.

Attributes: Perception > Dexterity > Con=Resolve > Int > Might

this would be your general save everyones A** guy while the pally would be the basic run into as many enemies as possible guy

I know I've done unbound/illusionist and she never takes any damage in any fight i'm in and has enough engage to keep her surrounded at all times.

I'm playing with the same, yes it's durable but I don't like the zero support to the party/the other tank and also the really low damage

how do you suggest to build them?

I wrote that couple of posts above. For Fighter I would decrease Might and Dex a little and put into Perception more.