Stealth mode

What do you think about stealth mode???  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about stealth mode???

• Completely useless
    • Curious, but not exceptional
    • Really cool

It has a very good potential for different ways of playing out your character, but, sadly, KotOR's style never gave you that chance.

I would very much like to see some stealth-specific quests in TSL, but, unless it's already been implemented, it's very unlikely that we'll see it in the game.

I remember when I used it to go through the entire sith base without killing a single thing and got out without a shot fired. I still got the same cutscene and it was then that KotoR greatest weakness (RAILROADING+++!) and the pointlessness of stealth mode became extremely obvious.

That was one of the most disappointing moments I've ever had in a game now I think about it. So much effort for no benefit :lol:

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I remember when I used it to go through the entire sith base without killing a single thing and got out without a shot fired. I still got the same cutscene and it was then that KotoR greatest weakness (RAILROADING+++!) and the pointlessness of stealth mode became extremely obvious.

That was one of the most disappointing moments I've ever had in a game now I think about it. So much effort for no benefit :(

How is this possible?

When you get into the reception area to take the lift back to the fishy people city you are forced to decloak and fight the droids and people in the reception area.

i think hes talkin about taris which i dont understand cuz dont u have to get the launc codes off him

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I'm indifferent to the way it was implemented in KOTOR1.

If it's improved upon, it could be an interesting new function. If it remains the same, I probably won't ever use it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's interesting, but I hardly ever used it in KOTOR 1. It came in handy sometimes on Taris, but once I got my force powers and could render opponents immobile with Stun or Fear and make them vulnerable to Sneak Attacks, it became kind of useless. And I'm not one of those people who uses Stealth to "scout out" every area. I like to be surprised. B)

Completely useless, there was no point in having it in KOTOR IMO :angry:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I liked stealth. I used it alot and I had some fun with it.

I think it should come back in this game.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Obsidian had better get stealth right in TSL since they have a Sith Assassain class which relies on it heavily. Personally the Predator stealth rip off in KOTOR was fun for me at times but I would like to see better stealth kill animations this time around.

Cheers!

That was one of the most disappointing moments I've ever had in a game now I think about it. So much effort for no benefit :lol:

How is this possible?

When you get into the reception area to take the lift back to the fishy people city you are forced to decloak and fight the droids and people in the reception area.

You can break that trigger very easily.

It still doesn't make a difference to either my point (thanks for pointing out another example of KotoRs railroading however) or the fact it is VERY possible to go through there without firing even a single shot.

If you can be bothered that is :/

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

it was totaly use less in kotor.

I liked stealth.  I used it alot and I had some fun with it.

I think it should come back in this game.

I bet it will be. :(

It has a very good potential for different ways of playing out your character, but, sadly, KotOR's style never gave you that chance.

I would very much like to see some stealth-specific quests in TSL, but, unless it's already been implemented, it's very unlikely that we'll see it in the game.

i read in one of the dev's topics that they will make specific quests for all skills but im not shure... :(

i think i heard that 2 about the sidequests. and if thats true im gonna have a hard time cuz i couldnt stand how slow stealth was

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together