This is one of the scariest threads I've read after that one on now dead bioware social about Alistair dumping female Wardens because they're dirty forest elves/not nobility.

Scarier than Aerie romance? I beg your pardon...

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

This is one of the scariest threads I've read after that one on now dead bioware social about Alistair dumping female Wardens because they're dirty forest elves/not nobility.

Nah, man. Have you ever seen Tali romance threads?

As a rule of thumb, I nope out of a thread as soon as a photoshopped wedding photo appears.

• Like 4

Really? Congrats on your sheltered forum experience then. 

The scariest thread I've ever seen is where a bunch of gamerbros threatened to dox and murder a person cuz they said the Viconia romance sucked  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

Not saying I disagree with you. I think Eder was just written in a way that you are not supposed to show much physical affection towards him. Neither bad nor good imho, just is.

That's exactly what I have a problem with: the Watcher in conversations with Edér is written to be somewhat emotionally detached, and this limits the player's options to roleplay their character the way they see fit. It feels like an artificially imposed restriction, like an invisible wall.

I actually feel the same from the opposite side of the Eder fence... I'd like to be able to slap him down (in both games) for his constant racist comments and the incessant goading of Aloth to bring Iselmyr forward and take a back seat in his own body. 

I really think the RP part of these RPG's could have been greatly enhanced by allowing the watcher a bit more of a "voice" when it comes to the companions, both "positive" and "negative". 

• Like 5

I actually feel the same from the opposite side of the Eder fence... I'd like to be able to slap him down (in both games) for his constant racist comments and the incessant goading of Aloth to bring Iselmyr forward and take a back seat in his own body. 

I really think the RP part of these RPG's could have been greatly enhanced by allowing the watcher a bit more of a "voice" when it comes to the companions, both "positive" and "negative". 

Aloth gives as good as he gets. He really doesn't need a white knight.

I do understand wanting to confront Eder about orlans, though. I wanted to ask the crew what the hell they were thinking playing a "knife the orlan" game on my ship- the ship where my orlan foster daughter was running around.

My favorite burn of Eder came from Pallegina, when she said "Eder, I know you don't like to think, but maybe it's time you start." That was about his wanting kids but not getting around to having them.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 4

Aloth gives as good as he gets. He really doesn't need a white knight.

I do understand wanting to confront Eder about orlans, though. I wanted to ask the crew what the hell they were thinking playing a "knife the orlan" game on my ship- the ship where my orlan foster daughter was running around.

My favorite burn of Eder came from Pallegina, when she said "Eder, I know you don't like to think, but maybe it's time you start." That was about his wanting kids but not getting around to having them.

Who said anything about a white knight?? I stick up for my friends, and most (not all mwahaha) of my toons have a similar moral compas. If I'd had my way I would have slammed a lid on the racism and Iselmyr talk in the first game, and taken great delight in booting him from the group if it had continued. I had the same issues with SWTOR with the BH and SW story lines. I have no issue with antagonistic or distasteful personalities in companions, but don't gag the PC and force a 'friendship' where there shouldn't really be one. 

Nah, man. Have you ever seen Tali romance threads?

As a rule of thumb, I nope out of a thread as soon as a photoshopped wedding photo appears.

That tali sweat thread. Jesus christ.

That and the wonder if Fenris had lyrium in his...ahem.

But I'm mostly eh on Eder now. I miss my bro who woke my PC up from nightmares :(

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 3

But I'm mostly eh on Eder now. I miss my bro who woke my PC up from nightmares :(

I thought BSN in general was a corrupted place. Glad they shut it down tbh, it was unhealthy. More unhealthier for the devs who had to read those insane rants.

I am with you on Eder :(

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I thought BSN in general was a corrupted place. Glad they shut it down tbh, it was unhealthy. More unhealthier for the devs who had to read those insane rants.

I am with you on Eder :(

I liked the BSN but something in the site went completely to **** after DA2's release. It became so toxic I see why they closed it. ME3 only added gasoline to the fire. So yeah I see why the devs closed it down that constant abuse was tiresome to me I couldn't imagine how I'd felt if it was directed at me.

• Like 2

Who said anything about a white knight?? I stick up for my friends, and most (not all mwahaha) of my toons have a similar moral compas. If I'd had my way I would have slammed a lid on the racism and Iselmyr talk in the first game, and taken great delight in booting him from the group if it had continued. I had the same issues with SWTOR with the BH and SW story lines. I have no issue with antagonistic or distasteful personalities in companions, but don't gag the PC and force a 'friendship' where there shouldn't really be one. 

You can boot him after your ship wrecks. At least, I recall an option to tell him you're going your own way.

And as I said, Aloth can defend himself very well. He's not that sympathetic to anyone else's plights.

• Like 1

You can boot him after your ship wrecks. At least, I recall an option to tell him you're going your own way.

And as I said, Aloth can defend himself very well. He's not that sympathetic to anyone else's plights.

... I... wasn't talking about 'saving/defending Aloth'. I was talking about the option to call out someone when they are being an ass... it's not about Aloth It's about my Watcher being outspoken, intolerant of bigotry, and having a big mouth to/at everyone. I mean he even mouthed off at the imps ffs!  :lol:

That being said, he seems to have found his voice when Eder was being a **** to Xoti... I was pleasantly surprised that I could get a loss of Eder rep and a "Back off, Eder" during a conversation a few minutes ago. Almost as satisfying as shooting Skadge... almost...

It's a shame there isn't a more snarky response to Eders first complaint about Xoti...such as, "That's funny coming from the guy who still views Eothos from a childhood perspective."

Edited by Verde
  • Like 2

Almost as satisfying as shooting Skadge...

10 out of 10, would shoot again.

There are some times I wish we could interject in banter. The infamous Eder-Iselmyr "romance," for example - am I supposed to roleplay my Watcher as standing there in complete shock, unable to say anything? Most of Watchers have plenty to say. At all times. :teehee:

• Like 2

I think Eder-Iselmyr is very sick, I am glad it didn't fire on my pt.

Aloth has someone else in his head, another person, and that person takes control over his mind and makes him do things he would not do. And Eder in his stupidity doesn't see it. The worst thing you can have is something else taking over your mind, its like mental slavery or worse. I know we are talking about pixels here, but I find the concept abhorrent. Its not funny, its not clever, its not innocent, its just plain bad.

Lol I am actually in the minority but I did like Skadge, even tho my BH was light-side. He was funny. especially when he made you a honorary gang boss or something. Now Mako on the other hand was annoying  (please don't shoot me  :grin: )

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 3

The moment it looked like Eder-Iselmyr banter was beginning to turn into that horrible awkward thing, I just kicked one of them out of the group and never brought them anywhere together again. Not in my game, you sick buggers. It's just unfair to Aloth, even if he insists on being an ass towards half of my party, he doesn't deserve that. Nobody does. 

• Like 2

I think Eder-Iselmyr is very sick, I am glad it didn't fire on my pt.

Aloth has someone else in his head, another person, and that person takes control over his mind and makes him do things he would not do. And Eder in his stupidity doesn't see it. The worst thing you can have is something else taking over your mind, its like mental slavery or worse. I know we are talking about pixels here, but I find the concept abhorrent. Its not funny, its not clever, its not innocent, its just plain bad.

Lol I am actually in the minority but I did like Skadge, even tho my BH was light-side. He was funny. especially when he made you a honorary gang boss or something. Now Mako on the other hand was annoying  (please don't shoot me  :grin: )

I like Skadge too and ran with him all the time when I was still playing SWTOR. :biggrin: And wish I could dump Mandalorian Fangirl No 1 somewhere, preferably in some Mando territories so that she'd experience the idiocy of her idols firsthand.

To stay on topic - remember that Iselmyr was there first. Now imagine, you're Iselmyr and one day you regain sentience just to find yourself in the brain of Aloth "Fun strictly VERBOTEN!" Corfiser. Wouldn't you want to smash faces or at least resurface for fresh air from time to time? I know I would. And I would not hold against anyone preferring Iselmyr to Aloth.

• Like 2

I like Skadge too and ran with him all the time when I was still playing SWTOR. :biggrin: And wish I could dump Mandalorian Fangirl No 1 somewhere, preferably in some Mando territories so that she'd experience the idiocy of her idols firsthand.

To stay on topic - remember that Iselmyr was there first. Now imagine, you're Iselmyr and one day you regain sentience just to find yourself in the brain of Aloth "Fun strictly VERBOTEN!" Corfiser. Wouldn't you want to smash faces or at least resurface for fresh air from time to time? I know I would. And I would not hold against anyone preferring Iselmyr to Aloth.

Yeah for someone who loved everything bounty hunter Mako was very un-bounty huntish, especially if you play evil. Also another manic pixie :/

Meh, I don't feel pity for Iselmyr. She had her life and her chance, it is Aloth's body now and Aloth's head regardless of whether you like him or not, and not his fault that his father was an ass that caused this. So no, my Watcher wouldn't want someone else taking over her head, and neither would she wish it on anyone, friend or foe.

Remember that old whatshisname watcher? The same thing should have happened to our Watcher except it was decided against. I bet if it did people would have been far more sympathetic to Aloth.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 3

... I... wasn't talking about 'saving/defending Aloth'. I was talking about the option to call out someone when they are being an ass... it's not about Aloth It's about my Watcher being outspoken, intolerant of bigotry, and having a big mouth to/at everyone. I mean he even mouthed off at the imps ffs!  :lol:

That being said, he seems to have found his voice when Eder was being a **** to Xoti... I was pleasantly surprised that I could get a loss of Eder rep and a "Back off, Eder" during a conversation a few minutes ago. Almost as satisfying as shooting Skadge... almost...

Fair enough, I tend to take the view that adults should sort out their own disagreements.

I didn't hear that banter, Aloth actually stuck up for Xoti? Interesting. Especially considering the fact that Xoti was kind of an ass to everyone who didn't love her Gaun.

There are some times I wish we could interject in banter. The infamous Eder-Iselmyr "romance," for example - am I supposed to roleplay my Watcher as standing there in complete shock, unable to say anything? Most of Watchers have plenty to say. At all times. :teehee:

I listened to it on YouTube to see what people were talking about- eeeechhh, that's creepy in the extreme. Eder is far more screwed up than I imagined.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 1

I didn't hear that banter, Aloth actually stuck up for Xoti? Interesting.

Aloth is quite supportive of Xoti, much to her surprise. They have several banters along those lines.

I listened to it on YouTube to see what people were talking about- eeeechhh, that's creepy in the extreme. Eder is far more screwed up than I imagined.

But think of the discussions we could have on what constitutes sexual assault when you're sharing your body with a long-dead country bumpkin! Such possibilities!

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2

I really don’t see what’s so creepy with the Edér/Islemyr relationship as presented in game. It’s basically a spur of the moment thing for Edér and Iselmyr reveals it’s all a prank before any serious discussion over whether it’s morally acceptable or not can happen.

The moment it looked like Eder-Iselmyr banter was beginning to turn into that horrible awkward thing, I just kicked one of them out of the group and never brought them anywhere together again. Not in my game, you sick buggers. It's just unfair to Aloth, even if he insists on being an ass towards half of my party, he doesn't deserve that. Nobody does. 

That's what I did in the first game when Eder started trying to pull Iselmyr forward against Aloth's wishes... And I also ended up keeping him and Hiravias separate too, after the Orlan's head offer. Party management got a bit nightmarish at that point, I ended up having to hire a tank because poor Pallegina couldn't take the heat  :getlost:  

I really don’t see what’s so creepy with the Edér/Islemyr relationship as presented in game. It’s basically a spur of the moment thing for Edér and Iselmyr reveals it’s all a prank before any serious discussion over whether it’s morally acceptable or not can happen.

Eder makes a move on Aloth's body because he's got some strange fascination with his skin rider.

It's extremely creepy. I'm glad I unburdened Aloth of both the Leaden Key and his split personality, for both his and Eder's sake.

• Like 2

Eder makes a move on Aloth's body because he's got some strange fascination with his skin rider.

It's extremely creepy. I'm glad I unburdened Aloth of both the Leaden Key and his split personality, for both his and Eder's sake.

Yeah its double creepy because doesn't Eder turn down a male Watcher with the excuse of being straight? I don't know who the joke is on tbh - Eder, Aloth, Iselmyr, or the player. Probably all of them.

Although there is torture, slavery, murder, and whatnot, which are generally accepted at "dark" themes. You have the option to sell Serafen to slavers, which nobody talks about. So where do we draw the line...

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1

Generally I draw the line at what the companions do while they're in the party. I don't care what they did before they joined my team, I don't care what they do afterwards, but while they're hanging with my PC, they follow my PC's rules or they get out.

It's a good thing Maia understood that rule and got out to accomplish her mission.

• Like 1