Inaccurate does not apply to off-hand weapons

hippofant

Question

Demonstration: put one blunderbuss in main-hand, another blunderbuss in off-hand. Note different accuracy values.

Edit: Don't want to spam the boards, so here are a few other item bugs I've found:

Casita Samelia's Legacy, with the Scars and Memories trait (50% chance to slash attack enemy when hit with slash damage in melee) retaliates against Maia's ranged attacks. (Demonstration: give Maia any ranged weapon. Put armor on watcher. Have Maia shoot watcher from afar. See attached image. I have Maia using a scepter in that image, but the retaliation occurs against any ranged attack, regardless of damage type. It occasionally even occurs more than once, as can be seen in the log.)

Xefa's Empirical Explication's Matter Repulsion and Inexplicable Mass traits are hitting everybody around the target, including friendly party members, knocking them down.

post-166711-0-50565200-1526374221_thumb.jpg

Edited by hippofant

4 answers to this question

Demonstration: put one blunderbuss in main-hand, another blunderbuss in off-hand. Note different accuracy values.

Updating this after more experimentation: the bug arises specifically when you equip two weapons with the Inaccurate modifier. It is also exploitable by a player who wants to just wield one blunderbuss to do so without an inaccurate penalty (with anything but another blunderbuss in the other hand).

1. Have no weapons equipped. Equip 1 blunderbuss, then the 2nd. Inaccurate is applied to the FIRST blunderbuss equipped, but not the second. This is regardless of whether they're main-hand or off-hand.
  2. Have no weapons equipped. Equip 1 blunderbuss, then a pistol (in any order, any hand). Inaccurate is applied to the blunderbuss, no problem. Replace the pistol with the 2nd blunderbuss: inaccurate is applied only to the first blunderbuss but not the second, which is consistent as above.
  3. Unequip the first blunderbuss. Now you're wielding just 1 blunderbuss, with no inaccurate penalty!

I'm guessing there's some code to prevent the double-application of inaccurate, such that if a character equips an inaccurate weapon, it first checks to see if inaccurate is already applied to that player before applying inaccurate itself, but this fails to account for the possibility of equipping two inaccurate weapons.

And it does not seem to be just a display bug. Combat logs indicate the incorrect accuracy numbers are being used.

Edited by hippofant

I can confirm this bug - trying my hardest to get the -10 Accuracy to both blunderbusses (I don't want to be "cheating")  by moving them from one hand to another, one weapon set to another, but it's as described above: it's impossible to get the -10 Accuracy for both.