Yes he is. Completing Eder's companion quest and saving Bearn definitely has dialogue that Eder is Bearn's father.

Is he?

I remember in the dialogue with Bearn, him mentioning that he KNEW his father, which sort of makes Edér out of the question, since he only learned of his existence from the Priestess in Gaun's Temple

When you take Bearn back to Hasongo (provided that you manage to save him), Bearn and Eder have an exchange and Bearn says something (that I interpreted as being) along the lines of "I know that you gave me life, but..." It was like Bearn sort of acknowledging that Eder is his biological father, but doesn't feel any connection with him.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the exact words, and no longer have a save before completing that quest. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Edited by SunDD

When you take Bearn back to Hasongo (provided that you manage to save him), Bearn and Eder have an exchange and Bearn says something (that I interpreted as being) along the lines of "I know that you gave me life, but..." It was like Bearn sort of acknowledging that Eder is his biological father, but doesn't feel any connection with him.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the exact words, and no longer have a save before completing that quest. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Uh... I think it's him thanking for SAVING his life, by preventing him from drinking the kool-aid.

Uh... I think it's him thanking for SAVING his life, by preventing him from drinking the kool-aid.

No, because he specifically chastises Eder (and possibly the Watcher) for saving him and complains that he now has no purpose and nothing here to live for.

My quest journal entry: Bearn consumed poison in front of us, but we were fortunately able to resuscitate him. He's survived the ordeal, though he doesn't appear to be convinced it was for the best.

At least for me, he was absolutely not thankful for being saved.

However, I am still willing to consider that I am mistaken or misinterpreted what Bearn said.

Edited by SunDD

No, because he specifically chastises Eder (and possibly the Watcher) for saving him and complains that he now has no purpose and nothing here to live for.

My quest journal entry: Bearn consumed poison in front of us, but we were fortunately able to resuscitate him. He's survived the ordeal, though he doesn't appear to be convinced it was for the best.

At least for me, he was absolutely not thankful for being saved.

Well, i convinced him to not drink the Kool aid in the first place, instead of resuscitating him afterwards.

• Like 1

I wish that I could rewatch/reread the dialogue to quote that lead me to believe that he is in fact his son. This way we could discuss exactly what I interpreted.

Edited by SunDD