As offensive caster, self-enchanting fighter with utility, as AoE buff Tank or what? For some reason this combination of the classes sounded the most stupid to me, but now I can't stop thinking about making my PC with that multiclass in the next playthrough. 

Both classes have poor passives for weapon-based fighting - so maybe evocation wizard + x priest would be the best combo for maximum damaging spell-casting? What's your take on the multi-class?

I think those classes would work well together if you want to go the buffer/debuffer route. Priest has good pary-wide buffs, wizard has great debuffs. That kind of character could get your party through tougher encounters eariler, I think.

As offensive caster, self-enchanting fighter with utility, as AoE buff Tank or what? For some reason this combination of the classes sounded the most stupid to me, but now I can't stop thinking about making my PC with that multiclass in the next playthrough. 

Both classes have poor passives for weapon-based fighting - so maybe evocation wizard + x priest would be the best combo for maximum damaging spell-casting? What's your take on the multi-class?

I am running Priest of Eothas/Evoker on PotD as primarily an offensive caster, although I find I can rotate between damage, heals, buffs, etc as needed.  Once PotD is fixed, I plan to run it again, because of how much I enjoyed it.  In my opinion, Priest and Wizard spells work well together in a chain cast.  Additionally, Priest of Eothas receives withdraw, revive, and other defensive spells for free.  I find most of the Eothas deity spells to be very useful in critical situations, especially withdraw.  

I am focusing on fire-based spells (shining beacon, fireball, etc.).  I obtained the ring that grants greater accuracy with fire based spells, as well as the cat and flail that grant increased power levels for fire spells.  In the event a target is immune or resistant to fire, I either switch to Minolleta's missiles or to a support role (heals, buffs, etc.).  Additionally, empowered minoletta's concussive missiles can single handily win encounters, which you can cast from stealth.   

I typically start by lining up Spirit Shield (concentration), Devotions of the Faithful (20 accuracy and 4 might), etc. before I cast damage spells.  I hope to work in avatar if feasible.  

One mistake I made is that I kept dexterity and perception at 10. If I had to do it again, I would pump more into dexterity due to all the casting I need to do.  Upper level spells have cast times of 4+ seconds and that starts to add up.  I started to use Xoti to cast Devotions of the Faithful to save time.          

I hope that helps, somewhat.  

i think the worst part about this combo is wizard and priest barely have any passives to choose, so you are just always choosing spells on levelup. multiclassing wizard works so well because u just grab the right grimoire instead of having to spend levelups on spells, but here you lose that advantage of multiclassing. i think you can make it work but it just seems wasteful because u will never need all those spells or even have time to cast them

i think the worst part about this combo is wizard and priest barely have any passives to choose, so you are just always choosing spells on levelup. multiclassing wizard works so well because u just grab the right grimoire instead of having to spend levelups on spells, but here you lose that advantage of multiclassing. i think you can make it work but it just seems wasteful because u will never need all those spells or even have time to cast them

I definitely agree about passives or lack thereof.  Your level choices are between spells and more spells for the most part, although that is not necessarily a bad thing in my mind.  You potentially end up with a well-rounded caster that can switch between roles.  You may not use all the spells consistently, but if you need to switch tactics, you can line up some solid options with the Thaumaturge.   

Also, Withdraw, Devotion of the Faithful, and Empowered Fireball/Minolleta's Concussive Missiles on the same character is pretty nice.  You just need to bring a lot of dexterity and avoid heavy armor.  

Edited by Nixl

SelfBuffWarrior will not work, so many spells no time for swinging stick.

Nature Godlike, can trigger racial either by wizard selfbuffs or priest party buffs.

Eothas, Wael list looks useful.

High int for duration. No dump dexterity.

Need to make choice of either Might for heals and blast. Or Perception for debuffs and CC.

Edited by evilcat

Good to hear, Nixi. I'll probably try it in my proper playthrough after PotD difficulty is upped a bit.

Now the most difficult part for me is a stat distirubution as almost all stats are quite important for the class. Con/Res could be lowered a bit and I can probably take +10 will defense passive to mitigate that, but even then it'd be a tough decision on what numbers are optimal.

I've been playing Wizard/Priest of Berath on PotD and I could not be happier with the combo.  Use Deleterious Alacrity of Motion to haste yourself and then empty your spellbook spamming  buff/debuffs.  

I put most of my points into Dex and Int although in hindsight some more perception would have been nice.

• Like 1

Good to hear, Nixi. I'll probably try it in my proper playthrough after PotD difficulty is upped a bit.

Now the most difficult part for me is a stat distirubution as almost all stats are quite important for the class. Con/Res could be lowered a bit and I can probably take +10 will defense passive to mitigate that, but even then it'd be a tough decision on what numbers are optimal.

I just finished my PotD playthrough and I found Thaumaturge incredibly fun.  I thought I would miss out on upper level spells, but Avatar, Pillars of Flame, etc. did more than enough damage to compensate.  Furthermore, you can just cast upper level spells through scrolls, such as meteor shower.

With respect to stats, I have not decided on an optimal set up yet.  You have a lot of buffs to choose that can enhance or mitigate you stat choices.  For example, Infuse with Vital Essence is a second tier wizard spell on a .5 second cast that grants +5 to intellect and constitution.  With Infuse with Vital Essence as an option, I do not think max intellect is a huge priority, and you can compensate for lower constitution.  Another example is the litany spell for Priest that boosts resolve to compensate if you dump it.  Once you obtain Avatar, your stats are buffed across the board.  

Dexterity still is paramount, but there are ways around it too.  For example, you can obtain the legendary staff (I forget the name, tied with Nemnok) that grants an action speed bonus that scales with metaphysics.  That could lessen the dependency on dexterity, but you cannot obtain it right from the start.  Another alternative is Deleterious Alacrity of Motion as Bluewall suggested above.  

I would dump resolve and max dexterity and split the remaining points between intellect, might, and perception.  Perhaps take some points from constitution and compensate with Infuse with Vital Essence.  Also, second to dexterity is concentration.  Invest in the concentration feat and spirit shield.  You will not regret it.