I want something with cool class name, below are my choices. Which one is most powerful?

Paladin + cipher

Paladin + druid

priest + druid

priest + chanter

chanter + wizard

priest + cipher

They are all very bad choices in my book.

Wizard, Druid, Priest absolutely need single class to max power level and number of encounter spell resources.

Only Paladin + cipher will probably not be crippled.

i went with inquisitor cause well a pirate inquisitor got me good, else it would have been paladin/barb or fight/barb or something. a prate inquisitor that invades peoples minds and delves out justice is the way to go. i made myself lol so much in my playthrough, kinda going all out on my imagination.

im prob going to reply as a fanatic now cause i want to build my story around menzzago and a undead army, albbeit im not even sure it will matter, jst makes me lol.

Edited by Iceborg1307

Paladin + cipher (your best option)

Paladin + druid (Paladin is weapon-based, Druid not)

priest + druid (miss the powerful late Druid spells)

priest + chanter (if playing Troubadour for Linger, still miss the powerful late Chanter spells)

chanter + wizard (if playing Troubadour for Linger, still miss the powerful late Chanter spells)

priest + cipher (Cipher is weapon-based, Priest not)

- Chanter and Cipher have infinite casts per encounter, Wizard, Priest and Druid only have 14 casts per encounter

- Wizard and Druid can learn 4 elemental penetration abilities, Priest can learn 3, Paladin 1, Chanters and Ciphers none

- Chanter and Druid single class high level spells are very powerful

- Cipher receives weapon damage and penetration bonus

I think a priest/chanter could be a very good buff machine for your party.

As chanter you can use a beckoner ( if you want an army who fights for you, nobody can buff them better than you ) or troubadour (many passive buffs)

As chanter, get some summons ( skelletons at lv 1) and learn the chant that gives a fire lash, and those chants that cause healing, shielding or draining effects.

As priest focus on buffs and heals ( devotions of the faithful is fantastic, dire blessing, iconic projection for healing+damage and so on )

Int would be the most importent stat ( more summon/buff duration, more area ) dex would be second ( cast faster ).

Your own damage will be very low, but if you have a full party and some summons, each of them will survive and do more damage because of you.

Use a pike with modal to increase the damage of your friends or shoot from the back row if you do not cast. Just make sure that your allies are hit by your chants.

priest + chanter (if playing Troubadour for Linger, still miss the powerful late Chanter spells)

chanter + wizard (if playing Troubadour for Linger, still miss the powerful late Chanter spells)

OK, so, you're saying I should stay single class? Why multiclass at all? If I have an option to go multiclass, I will multiclass, you know.

Of the options listed, Paladin/Cipher (Soul Blade) is your best bet. Soul Blade in general works with any melee class, and Paladin is fine for it. Pop sworn enemy on your target, then start dropping Flames of Devotion to build Focus, then dump it with Soul Annihilation. Rely on Paladin's tankyness to survive in the front lines.

OK, so, you're saying I should stay single class? Why multiclass at all? If I have an option to go multiclass, I will multiclass, you know.

Single class casters benefit from earlier access to better spells and being the only ones who get level 8/9 spells. If you want to be the "best" caster that's the way to go.

If you want to have some fun and experiment with combining different classes I would recommend one caster class and something you think synergizes well with it. You seem interested in Paladins so maybe Paladin + caster class. With that said if Wizard / Druid nuker makes your day and you're not soloing POTD it should be doable.

I want something with cool class name, below are my choices. Which one is most powerful?

Paladin + cipher

Paladin + druid

priest + druid

priest + chanter

chanter + wizard

priest + cipher

They are all very bad choices in my book.

Wizard, Druid, Priest absolutely need single class to max power level and number of encounter spell resources.

Only Paladin + cipher will probably not be crippled.

Not true on the wizard part. Wizard is an amazing multiclass option for any melee frontliner.

Paladin+cipher is good. Paladin+druid isn't bad as a frontline healer. Priest+druid youre giving up too much for not enough return. Priest+chanter and wziard+chanter are good, as frankly anything+chanter is at leas viable since chanter is very strong. Not sure about priest+cipher but its probably the same as druid, cipher works as a multiclass when you're grabbing soulblade and thwacking people. 

Off list, consider Paladin+Wizard (Arcane Knight) or Paladin+Priest (Templar, better version of Paladin+Druid imo). I don't know if these pass your "cool name" test though

Paladin + cipher

Paladin + druid

priest + druid

priest + chanter

chanter + wizard

priest + cipher

DPS:

Paladin BleakWaker Cipher (Soulblade/Ascendant) for dps

Support:

Wizard+Chanter - get spells from grimoires, could also cc or blast a little

Priest Chanter - could go beckoner, when you are chanting you could do anything else. Could go Wael for some tanking.

No synergy:

Priest-Cipher priest does not help with cipher focus

Priest Druid - very thin on abilities

Maybe:

Paladin - Shifter thin on abilities, but you dont pick many druid spells but mostly wildform . Pick wildstrike of your choosing. Probably fire.

Edited by evilcat

I don't know about most powerful, but Paladin + Cipher is definitely the most Awesome.

Also, Soul Whip mixes incredibly well with melee characters, pick that soulblade whatever as your subclass and the Cipher part of you will take care of doing damage. You can then focus your ability picks on defensive passives and heals, becoming a pretty straightforward powerhouse that still has plenty of support/control utility.

Hell, in the end I like anything that has Paladin in it though :/

Edited by Ninjamestari

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

Random thought on two things that might work:

Couldn't Devoted (Greatsword)/Priest of Berath work? You lose out on the most powerful debuffs of this Priest line, but you get tankiness of Fighter + Cleave stance to pair the devotion bonuses with the Summoned Greatsword + Corrode Passive (if it works on that summoned weapon.) You'd have to completely dump any healing as a priest though and focus on Dex/Int with some Might.

Similarly, I could see Bleakwalker/P. of Magran working with the sheer amount of fire and corrode **** going on. Since, iirc, sword + pistol counts as dualwielding and attacking twice with the main sword, you could also get away with an Ascended Cipher and have some spells you can use at range before that point. As far as BW/PoM is concerned, the sword/pistol combo doesn't count as dualwielding for Full Attacks, so FoD wouldn't get that dualwielding bonus. At the same time, you do get the passive bonuses of Scion of Flame and Spirit of Decay for +3 pen (iirc, since it has the flames keyword on there, doesn't it get +2 by itself after scion of flame?)

The Problem i have with priest is:

If you want dps with weapon, then better combine two classes with dps weapon. Stack passives, and use class resource for your favorite abilities.

If you are casting spells you are not hitting with stick.

Best use of MC Priest imho:

/Chanter - you can chant ok with just 7 points in Chanter, and cast. You could even go magran mode with fire chant.

/Wizard - free spells from grimoir.

/TankBuild - mostly Paladin, Ubroken, Druid Shifter for tanking.

You could always do one DPS character + tank/support character and that will just work better.

However if it is more about flavour, then Devoted/Berath is as good as it could be.

Pick a class with name that you like the most and play. You don't need "most powerful" as the game is too easy, anything is viable, even ranger.

Besides, discovering things yourself is a part of games value, just like discovering book's plot is a part of book's value.

Vancian =/= per rest.