Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best weapon for Maia?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Shadenuat

Shadenuat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Seemed to me Dragon's Dowry upgraded to max damage/speed buff + fire resistant gear, or Frost Seeker + split arrow. I decided on DD because eeeeh just feels wrong to use bow on a class about guns you know. And it does great damage anyway. Wizards/liches stand no chance against Tranquilizer > accurate shot/whatever.

Edited by Shadenuat, 23 May 2018 - 12:03 PM.

CENIC

CENIC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I got a unique arquebus from Atsura during her companion quest, but it does damage in a line and was killing party members so I stopped using it.

I think it was called Three Bells Chime, or something like that.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3305 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Blunderbi?

It's not from Latin so no.

flamesium

flamesium

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Three Bells Through is great. Not the best by any means, but a fun one.

PIP-Clownboy

PIP-Clownboy

Anathematized Apostate of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I got a unique arquebus from Atsura during her companion quest, but it does damage in a line and was killing party members so I stopped using it.

I think it was called Three Bells Chime, or something like that.

Three Bells is a good stealth opener for Maia, especially if she is a multiclass rogue

indika_tates

indika_tates

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

Maia with the frozen bow has done more damage than my sorcerer main. It's one of the best weapons of the game (probably the best ranged one) and you can get it at level 5-6.

Shakyr

Shakyr

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm abusing the bow while I can, with Driving Flight and Precog. I might setup her alternate as a pistol or two though, on reading this.

Crucis

Crucis

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1492 posts

Three Bells Through is great. Not the best by any means, but a fun one.

I didn't like it because its main attack is a AoE line that can hit friend or foe alike.  I didn't even realize this was happening until I was in a battle where Maia was hitting Eder among others, because she's invariably in the rear of my formations, due to the great range she gets with Arquebusses.   I stopped using 3BT because it was going to be too much micro management to prevent her from hitting friendlies.  I prefer her using a nice, friendly-safe arq. 

EDIT: for what it's worth, the 3BT arq might be a good choice for a front liner who wants to get off a good opening strike, since such a character probably never had friendlies in front of them.

Edited by Crucis, 23 May 2018 - 05:35 PM.

Crucis

Crucis

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1492 posts

Maia with the frozen bow has done more damage than my sorcerer main. It's one of the best weapons of the game (probably the best ranged one) and you can get it at level 5-6.

I guess that it's just not in me to have a Companion who has a subclass that's gun-based not using a gun.  Hey, if she was a Sharpshooter subclass, I'd probably be all over putting the Frostseeker bow in her hands.  But there's just something ... wrong ... about having a Gunhawk not using a gun, at least to me.  ;(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users