+10% Corrode (Wizard) versus a 1/encounter Hobble & Weaken attack(Ranger).

The weapon comes with a baseline 20% chance to Hobble and Hobble & Weaken are not difficult afflictions to apply.

Edited by Iymurra

If you go the blightheart route though, you'll want to multiclass Maia to a Wizard as the Wizard version of the weapon is a better damage stick than the ranger version.

> Wizard version of the weapon

?

Soulbounds are class based, and get different abilities and requirements.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is to take advantage of the gunhawk passive interrupt. So she needs to shoot as fast as possible, with guns.

The best way I found to do that is to use Scordeo's trophy with nothing else in the offhand, and with the upgrade that makes the -recovery% stack work for all attacks and not only melee attacks.

Use the modal, and watch recovery go super low, and enjoy the perma interrupts.

There is that Soulbound Arquebus, Blightheart. You find it while searching the ruins near Poko Kahara IIRC.

A little more detail please.  I'm working in and around Poko Kahara, and I haven't run across this gun yet.

There is that Soulbound Arquebus, Blightheart. You find it while searching the ruins near Poko Kahara IIRC.

A little more detail please.  I'm working in and around Poko Kahara, and I haven't run across this gun yet.

Its not in Poko Kahara, try searching around the surrounding region.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is to take advantage of the gunhawk passive interrupt. So she needs to shoot as fast as possible, with guns.

The best way I found to do that is to use Scordeo's trophy with nothing else in the offhand, and with the upgrade that makes the -recovery% stack work for all attacks and not only melee attacks.

ORRRR get her dual-wielding blunderbusses*. 4 projectiles from each shot means at least one should hit each time, guaranteeing an interrupt, PLUS the shots bounce, so she interrupts two enemies at a time. RIP spellcasters.

* Blunderbi?

Edited by hippofant

ORRRR get her dual-wielding blunderbusses*. 4 projectiles from each shot means at least one should hit each time, guaranteeing an interrupt, PLUS the shots bounce, so she interrupts two enemies at a time. RIP spellcasters.

* Blunderbi?

Maia has 80% interrupts on pistols, and only 20% on each Blunderbuss pellet. IF it hits.

And dual wield blunderbuss are very inaccurate and short range, while single pistol with modal is decently accurate. And Scordeo builds up action speed speed really fast.

Edited by Myrtillo

* Blunderbi?

Maia has 80% interrupts on pistols, and only 20% on each Blunderbuss pellet. IF it hits.

And dual wield blunderbuss are very inaccurate and short range, while single pistol with modal is decently accurate. And Scordeo builds up action speed speed really fast.

20%? I have had no issues hitting or interrupting with a blunderbuss on veteran. And, actually, due to a bug with Xefa's Empirical Explication, Maia interrupts allies too with alarming regularity.

post-166711-0-66845800-1526514112_thumb.jpg

My Maia has an innate 89 accuracy (99 on offhand, because inaccurate isn't applying to offhand blunderbusses for some reason), which I further buff with 114/124 with Dire Blessing and Blessings of the Faithful. She's interrupting everything (literally), as you can see. Though since Scordeo's jumps too and Kitchen Stove is going to interrupt anything anyways, I'm going to replace the Xefa so as to avoid repeatedly knocking my entire party prone.

Edited by hippofant

Which arquebus is better for Maia (single class ranger)?  Blightheart or Dragon's Dowry?  I've had DD for a little while, but only just got Blightheart.  And seeing as BH is a soulbound weapon, I don't know if it's worth committing to, if DD is the better arquebus.

Which arquebus is better for Maia (single class ranger)?  Blightheart or Dragon's Dowry?  I've had DD for a little while, but only just got Blightheart.  And seeing as BH is a soulbound weapon, I don't know if it's worth committing to, if DD is the better arquebus.

Blightheart's not great, imo. The cone corrode attack is short-range, so doesn't come into play much with the long-range arquebus attack.

Heartbeat heals for 20% of the damage done by the attack, which again doesn't make much sense on a long-range weapon.

Blighted Shot is a 1/encounter full attack that hobbles and weakens, which sounds great, except that Rangers are probably already hobbling with upgraded Wounding Shot, and Ranger/Rogues have Hobbling Strike to boost, plus Weakening Blow if you really want that effect. (And level 1 Maia is locked into both abilities.)

And the last ability is nearby enemies become distracted for 20s when you get a kill, which I guess is pretty good though maybe a little slow and unreliable for a Perception affliction. I'm not sure if there's an attack roll on it though, and you may get distracted from other sources, such as a melee rogue.

And there's the fact that you can't up it to Legendary, only Superb.

Right now, on my Maia, I'm using the Thundercrack pistol. It paralyzes for 5 seconds on a crit, and Maia has 106 accuracy, plus Dirty Fighting (rogue ability, 10% hits to crits) and Uncanny Luck (another 5% hit to crit), and then with Driving Flight, it's just stun city all around. Plus 25% shock lash is nice too. Scordeo's is in the offhand, because Eccea's was very disappointing to me. (Low damage number, and raw damage isn't as great any more with how armor and penetration work now.)

Edited by hippofant

Blightheart's not great, imo. The cone corrode attack is short-range, so doesn't come into play much with the long-range arquebus attack.

Heartbeat heals for 20% of the damage done by the attack, which again doesn't make much sense on a long-range weapon.

Blighted Shot is a 1/encounter full attack that hobbles and weakens, which sounds great, except that Rangers are probably already hobbling with upgraded Wounding Shot, and Ranger/Rogues have Hobbling Strike to boost, plus Weakening Blow if you really want that effect. (And level 1 Maia is locked into both abilities.)

And the last ability is nearby enemies become distracted for 20s when you get a kill, which I guess is pretty good though maybe a little slow and unreliable for a Perception affliction. I'm not sure if there's an attack roll on it though, and you may get distracted from other sources, such as a melee rogue.

Right now, on my Maia, I'm using the Thundercrack pistol. It paralyzes for 5 seconds on a crit, and Maia has 106 accuracy, plus Dirty Fighting (rogue ability, 10% hits to crits) and Uncanny Luck (another 5% hit to crit), and then with Driving Flight, it's just stun city all around. Plus 25% shock lash is nice too. Scordeo's is in the offhand, because Eccea's was very disappointing to me. (Low damage number, and raw damage isn't as great any more with how armor and penetration work now.)

Thanks for the reply, Hippo.  I'll have to take another look at the good, unique pistols vs the arquebusses.  But the last time I looked, I thought that Arq's had a significant advantage in Maia's Gunhawk subclass over pistols, but I might be mis-remembering.  Also, I have to say that I also love the great range that Maia gets out of using an Arq over a pistol.  There's pretty much no enemy in a battle that she can't reach when she's using an Arq.

Thanks for the reply, Hippo.  I'll have to take another look at the good, unique pistols vs the arquebusses.  But the last time I looked, I thought that Arq's had a significant advantage in Maia's Gunhawk subclass over pistols, but I might be mis-remembering.  Also, I have to say that I also love the great range that Maia gets out of using an Arq over a pistol.  There's pretty much no enemy in a battle that she can't reach when she's using an Arq.

Her subclass works with any gun. Her armor only works with arquebusses.

Seemed to me Dragon's Dowry upgraded to max damage/speed buff + fire resistant gear, or Frost Seeker + split arrow. I decided on DD because eeeeh just feels wrong to use bow on a class about guns you know. And it does great damage anyway. Wizards/liches stand no chance against Tranquilizer > accurate shot/whatever.

Edited by Shadenuat

I got a unique arquebus from Atsura during her companion quest, but it does damage in a line and was killing party members so I stopped using it.

I think it was called Three Bells Chime, or something like that.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I got a unique arquebus from Atsura during her companion quest, but it does damage in a line and was killing party members so I stopped using it.

I think it was called Three Bells Chime, or something like that.

Three Bells is a good stealth opener for Maia, especially if she is a multiclass rogue