Quest Issue - Goods and Services

Warlander

Question

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with this quest, and it's not necessarily bug but more likely an issue of my own making.  

See, I went exploring a bit on my own in Neketaka.  I had been running around the city speaking to people and picking up quests and I was craving a little combat so I used the lift to go down into the Old City ruins. I spent some time fighting and pillaging, realized the north area was a bit beyond me at this point and then I returned to the lift - only to find they had raised it back up. 

I proceeded to the west side of the Old city and discovered the entrance in the temple, which leads to the Undercroft area.  I'd had no previous quest to talk to anyone down here, and I did my best to try and sneak my way out (but my sneak skill was low on everyone) and I couldn't find a way out that didn't end up forcing me into combat with the pirates.  I resigned myself to fight my way out, killing a number of pirates (and lowering my reputation with the Principe a bit) in the process before I made it back up to the city.  

Now I'm in a position where I've received quests from Furrente, and Aeldys. I've raised my reputation with the Principe somewhat, and I've sided with Aeldys.  However I have this Goods and Services quest which requires me to speak to mad Morena in the Undercroft, which I'd very much like to do, except that every NPC left down here is still attacking me on sight.  I'm worried now that I won't be able to continue Aeldys' line of quests and won't be able to deal with the ghost ship as a result of it.  Is there any sort of console command that would make NPC's in an area not aggressive?

I'm not really sure what I can do at this point, short of starting over :(

8 answers to this question

There is another thread here about this, most of the people there reloaded an early save though and snuck out without hurting anyone I think. I'm in the same position as you though, I can't reload because I'm like 15 hours further into the game now so I came up with this solution:

1. Got my best sneak character (only 5) to sneak past the first set of guards in the courtyard.

2. Go to the top of the stairs where there are around 5 guards guarding the room Morena is in.

3. Throw a firecracker off to the right so all the guards walk over to it.

4. You can now walk into the room while they are looking at what the noise was.

5. Walk into range of Morena while still stealthed and pause the game.

6. Without unpausing unstealth and talk to Morena.

7. The quest updates and when the game unpauses they will attack you as they are still hostile so use a potion of invisibility.

8. You now have enough time to run away and leave the area while invisible.

I haven't done the rest of the quest but I'm assuming I can just repeat these steps to turn the quest in to Morena once I'm ready.

If you want to circumvent having to sneak past all the guards and use firecrackers you can probably just kill all the guards outside Morenas room and then leave combat and start from step 5.  I haven't tried doing it this way but I don't see why it wouldn't work, as they are still going to be hostile either way.

Hopefully this gets patched so they are no longer hostile after accepting the goods and services quest from Aeldys.

• Like 1

Hey, I have the same problem.

When I first got to undercroft through the old city ruin, attacked by the pirates so I killed bunch of them. Now I can't do the Goods and Services quest properly, and my relationship with Principi messed up big time. There's no way I go back to a old save since I had hours of playtime before I recognize the issue.

I wonder, if there's a way to solve this via console commands? Can we add positive reputation points, and make pirates in undercroft non-hostile via console?

I don't mind using the console command to fix it since I don't care about the achievements,  but currently I couldn't find a complete console commands list yet. 

This issue is quite annoying. The weirdest part about this is that if you sneak in to talk to her, she mentions that you "picked a fight with her crew", so it seems like this could be fixed by always making her neutral without changing the dialog. The guards outside could still attack you for being a trespasser, but she would talk to you to figure out what you want. Something like that already happens elsewhere in the game (I think Dereo was the one who mentioned that killing his men was a strange way to get his attention but still talked with you). Giving players a chance to speak to her once before they decide if they want to kill her too should work and still allow us the freedom to change our mind if we want.

Edit: Also, I don't think I can talk to her again for future quests even after sneaking. Once she goes hostile after the conversation, she remains hostile even with future sneaking.

Edited by Thanakil

Hello, all. I've sent this issue along to the team and was curious of any/all you could attach a save game file to this post. That helps us out tremendously in recreating your exact situation. Thank you for any further help you can provide.

• Like 1

--Doug.

Hello, all. I've sent this issue along to the team and was curious of any/all you could attach a save game file to this post. That helps us out tremendously in recreating your exact situation. Thank you for any further help you can provide.

This is a save right before meeting Mad Morena. Since she's hostile, I can't do the quest I have active.

If I use a stealth character, move right next to her, pause the game, unstealth myself while paused, talk to her while paused, and then unpause the game, I can talk to her once. After talking to her once, she instantly turns hostile and I can't talk to her again. Even if I leave the area and come back stealthed. This makes it impossible to continue the quest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w2ekndigtsdww5/Welton%20%28Undercroft%29%20%28d24eb1d7-8105-4261-aca1-52ae03a376ff%29%20%28761480090%29.savegame?dl=0

I don't know if there was an update to the game that fixed this, but I'm in a similar situation -- went through the old ruins, came up through the Undercroft, everyone in Undercroft is hostile to me.

However, I'm able to stealth all the way to Mad Morena without triggering any fights (shimmying over the rope should help with this), and if I send one character all the way over to Mad Morena, getting near her initiates a conversation, and she's not hostile. However, after the conversation ends, that character loses stealth.

What I don't know is if I can murder everyone in the Undercroft without triggering Mad Morena as hostile, or if accepting her quest to bring back some crates of adra will flag her as friendly, or if murdering everyone will make it so I can't complete her quest.