Which race did you choose?

I would be interested in hearing people's experiences of playing different races. As in PoE1 I chose a female, godlike mystic. Played as a druid and druid/ranger in the second, nice combo of skills. For story reasons specifically I thought the godlike would fit in nicely with being Berath's chosen and it really did, provided nice dialogue options. Generally I think godlikes are an underdog and I do love a tragic backstory me does! I want to replay the game again but like with any other old school rpg will probs choose a very similar character  :facepalm: just because I enjoyed myself so much with this one! Although the mystic background didn't really fit for me as much as I thought it would. Really enjoyed dialogues such as 'what do you think I did in my previous life to get a mug like this?' to 'diplomatically' scare people  :w00t:

*Sigh* I love godlike . But I admit....kinda dissapointed in the lack of customization for them . 

For my 1st , I went death godlike cose they are my favorite . While everyone yell 'Berath!!' at every turn . She was a priestess of Eotha . 

I also wanted to make a nature godlike but..as I said..the customization kinda turned me off .

But I do plan on making a fire godlike and go Magran Priestess! she be hot headed , reckless and Passionate! Burning totally! 

I also gonna make a Death god for Berath just to see it for myself (and I kinda like Berath ) . 

Yeah , tragic background is fun . Back in POE1 , I made an orlan slave and it was a lot of fun . 

Right now I'm playing a different kind of 'Tragic' . I have an Aumauna and she is an aristocrat background , but I'm role playing her as someone who ditched her roots due to the politic and corruption and bickering . And is back but not happy about being back . The dead archipalgo is a home she hated and wanted to leave behind . 

I do love those background , you can think up small story just from 'merchant , raider , explorer , drifter..etc' . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

So far I've played as a coastal amaua, island amaua, fire godlike, death godlike and wood elf. I also have a wild orlan, nature godlike and pale elf on the back burner, and I'm waiting for bug fixes to start my moon godlike run.

All the races!!! :w00t:

Except dwarves and humans. Sorry, dwarves and humans.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2

*Sigh* I love godlike . But I admit....kinda dissapointed in the lack of customization for them . 

For my 1st , I went death godlike cose they are my favorite . While everyone yell 'Berath!!' at every turn . She was a priestess of Eotha . 

I also wanted to make a nature godlike but..as I said..the customization kinda turned me off .

But I do plan on making a fire godlike and go Magran Priestess! she be hot headed , reckless and Passionate! Burning totally! 

I also gonna make a Death god for Berath just to see it for myself (and I kinda like Berath ) . 

Yeah , tragic background is fun . Back in POE1 , I made an orlan slave and it was a lot of fun . 

Right now I'm playing a different kind of 'Tragic' . I have an Aumauna and she is an aristocrat background , but I'm role playing her as someone who ditched her roots due to the politic and corruption and bickering . And is back but not happy about being back . The dead archipalgo is a home she hated and wanted to leave behind . 

I do love those background , you can think up small story just from 'merchant , raider , explorer , drifter..etc' . 

Ahhh the good, old godlike. Some people don't like the godlike avatars saying they look horrid and like 'ballsacks' but whatevs. I like the drama that comes with other people not being able to see their faces - other than other godlikes if I'm correct? I never realised it wasn't just the face that was affected but also their whole bodies until I started changing armour and I was like heck... I thought she was smoking under there but alas no.  :no:

So far I've played as a coastal amaua, island amaua, fire godlike, death godlike and wood elf. I also have a wild orlan, nature godlike and pale elf on the back burner, and I'm waiting for bug fixes to start my moon godlike run.

All the races!!! :w00t:

Except dwarves and humans. Sorry, dwarves and humans.

What was aumaua like? Have you played with deadfire background? Did it bring a lot of new dialogue options? 

What was aumaua like? Have you played with deadfire background? Did it bring a lot of new dialogue options?

I absolutely did and it absolutely did. Island amaua + Deadfire background is my favorite playthrough so far, by a wide margin.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 1

or the exuse of 'can't wear Helmet' . That doesn't bother me personally , since when I play another race they can wear helmet but I always hide it anyway and then completely forget about it . 

Pfff beauty is in the eye of the beholder . My godlike could have a frog face and I still gonna parade around proudly!  :biggrin:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I absolutely did and it absolutely did. Island amaua + Deadfire background is my favorite playthrough so far, by a wide margin.

ah that's what I'm playing too right now! Lot of different dialogue for them . Worth a try! 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pale elf with white that wends/ mystic background - oracle (beguiler / lifegiver).

Enjoy it a lot - Nice crowd control / healer, blasting from the back with a scepter.

Largely ignore his werewolf spirit shift even though it pumps the rejuvenation effect of heals a bit.

Hearth Orlan so far (well outside the 20ish character I did that never went farther than Port Maje where I probably tried all the races). He looks total awesome with his pirate hat.

I'm thinking of making a Godlike character because they seems to have a lot more relevance in this game on a replay. So far the games gives my plenty of reasons too replay it so that shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Hearth Orlan so far (well outside the 20ish character I did that never went farther than Port Maje where I probably tried all the races). He looks total awesome with his pirate hat.

I'm thinking of making a Godlike character because they seems to have a lot more relevance in this game on a replay. So far the games gives my plenty of reasons too replay it so that shouldn't be an issue.

Try it, it's ace.

An Ocean Folk Vailian Artist Darcozzi Paladin/Soulblade. I would've liked to be a Scholar, and I contemplated going Aristocrat, but in the end I caved for the +Mechanics, +History and +Insight of the Artist, which are the skills I wanted to max out anyway. Fortunately the Artist background fits with the Darcozzi Paladin ethos quite nicely, so I don't feel too bad about making that pick for purely mechanical reasons. I think I was a Vailian Drifter Cipher in PoE1.

I never liked the Godlike, although thanks to Pallegina I've warmed up to them a little. The main problem is still there, which is that they're way too weird-looking, and I really think they should've toned down those Godlike features a little bit. If I ever made a Godlike, it would be Death, as there is both finality and brutal honesty to both Death and Berath. If I made a Priest, it would definitely be a Priest of Berath. Or probably a Templar, I really like Paladins.

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

Your diplomatic, benevolent, honest neighbourhood death godlike wizard.

I might herald death and decay, but at least I'm going to be nice about it!

aw maybe next time you make it like Aloth...lol

Too bad we don't have 'Stuck up' disposition..cose it would be hilarious to play . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller