Splintered Reef - how to do the quest there?

So, I come on to the island and come across this Copperhead guy. He tells me to meet him at his place to tell me something. I go to his place, and he tells the whole situation and told me to inspect up in the crypt. I go there, kill everything inside. There's a gate which is close by some mechanic but this is opened by killing everyone in the crypt and using their blood to open it.

Going through the gate, I come up to the peak of the crypt where I fight Mezzago. I kill him and it tells me to go speak to Copperhead. When I go back to his place he just says "Good luck" and doesn't open up dialogue. 

I tried breaking the red globe thing where I fought Menzaggo but this doesn't change anything.

In my journal it looks like this:

Quest is still not completed. Anyone know what's up?

Edited by Hetmasteeen

I'd say it's a bug. It looked exactly the same for me, and I was able to complete the quest by talking to Copperhead after killing Mezzago and destroying the globe. I'd try to reload an earlier save and report the issue to devs.

Did you convince Copperhead to act as a distraction before heading to the crypt? I don’t think it’s a requirement, but it sounds like the only thing I did differently and I didn’t have any problems completing that area

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Oh, I'm almost finished clearing that crypt too, I hope it won't be bugged for me.

Btw, I found this by far the toughest area in the game so far, even though I'm not even underleveled. The Fampyrs and their charm/domination attacks are a real pain.

Oh, I'm almost finished clearing that crypt too, I hope it won't be bugged for me.

Btw, I found this by far the toughest area in the game so far, even though I'm not even underleveled. The Fampyrs and their charm/domination attacks are a real pain.

Rest with Captain’s Banquet before the fight. Allegedly svef works too. Edited by Achilles

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Rest with Captain’s Banquet before the fight. Allegedly svef works too.

I don't think I can craft either of them atm. Should have gotten Aegis of Loyalty with Pallegina on last level up. And anyways, 'toughest area so far' means nothing more than I actually had to try two encounters twice.

Edited by M4xw0lf

Spoiler warning: there’s one more fampyr-intense area in the game. Might want to have some help for that one.

Spoiler warning: there’s one more fampyr-intense area in the game. Might want to have some help for that one.

Thanks for the heads up. Of course I'm an obsessive saver, so I can dare take a look and then decide whether I have to come back later.