Problem completing A Bigger Fish

PangaeaACDC

Question

This is the quest about the sailors outside the Wild Mare who is apparently singing rowdy songs. I've found them and it's in my journal, and have talked to the flute player about it, and he agreed to help. But I can't seem to continue or complete the quest. The sailors just 'bark' when  I try to interact with them, and there isn't more helpful things to talk to Zili (?) with to continue the quest.

Therefore the quest is probably not working right, at least on my end, or I'm supposed to talk to somebody else about it that I haven't located yet. Tried to talk to various people in the bar, including the bartender, thinking maybe he could help to shoo them away, but there was nothing about it.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

In order to complete this quest, I walked up to the sailors on the balcony and tricked them into thinking there was a ghost behind them, and I even walked away during a dialogue before that to save before making a choice (restarted dialogue after deciding to "leave them alone"). I believe yours is not working as intended. Definitely worth the report.

I have a different problem with this quest. I managed to drive away the sailors without fight, but when I attempt to report back to Martino, the dialog doesn't start. Martino only throws a comment about how he's busy or something.

I'm playing current release version on Steam.

• Like 1

Since it's been over 2 months I don't know if this is still being worked on or if it was believed to be fixed but I have the same (or very similar issue).

I scared the sailors, the quest is now saying "Return to Martino" but when I get there (during the day) he just says "Don't waste time with idle questions".

Save game and logs attached.