[Quest Bug] Aloth Personal Quest; Cannot talk to Ruasare!

MaximilianXimenez

Question

I don't know if this is an intended outcome or not, but here's what I did in my game.

1) Followed the Vailian questline and went to Crookspur. Killed the pirates there and freed both groups of slaves.

2) Went to Ori o Kohiki and spoke to Rusana. She informs me that the Ruataians have taken over the island, which I do not know is intended or not since I was not following the RTC storyline.

3) No matter what choice I select with her, she refuses to talk to me any longer. I cannot read her soul and continue Aloth's quest.

4) Furthermore, it seems intended that I can kill her by poisoning her fruit, but this does not seem to have any reactivity.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, poorly thought out questing or an intended consequence of quests I haven't done. I'd love some input, thanks!

22 answers to this question

Aloth quest 'The Painted Mask' is bugged . The LEADER you need to talk to is bugged . She does not move from her throne to retire at night . And I never got the option to do what need to be done regarding her *READ HER SOUL) so I could NOT finish his quest . Also , it probably bugged the slider for some reason for Aloth , cose it acted as if I finished the quest when I never did and was still in my journal as active . 

This quest is bugged . 

Name of the quest : The Painted Mask . 

Companion : Aloth . 

Village where it happen :  Ori o Koiki 

Journal step that are supposed to happen and don't : https://guides4gamers.com/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire/quest/the-painted-masks/

Thank you . 

Edited by E.RedMark
  • Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

The exact same outcome for me except that I was following the RTC storyline as well. I was hoping to get a chance to be mad at the RTC guy but no real dialogue option and don't know how to advance this quest now either. No reaction to planting the bomb & the fruit :/

Maybe one has to go to the island that Aparo spoke of when he said that he already said too much.

Edited by Armanz

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

I have the same issue and, sadly, it's a game ending bug for me. Since I want to choose the Huana for my end game faction, without being able to complete The Painted Mask and to get the tribe on our side, I can't progress. Any suggestions? 

I have the exact same issue as the OP.

I was able to finish this quest. I read the soul of the Wahaki leader while chatting on the throne room. Maybe you have to do that quest about the slavers first. Did you do it?

we both finished the quest as part of either royal deadfire campaign or the pirate questline beforehand, before getting to the island in the 1st place and finding the merchant ship leading to the island.

every question you ask her, about the leaden key, arkonnen or her facepaint gets rejected by her, she won't answer and says she has more pressing matters.

after you give her the head of the slaver master she complains about the rdc in the area. then you get 3 answer to choose from which all anger her, and she won't speak to you again. You nver get the chance of reading her soul.

• Like 3

I have the same issue and, sadly, it's a game ending bug for me. Since I want to choose the Huana for my end game faction, without being able to complete The Painted Mask and to get the tribe on our side, I can't progress. Any suggestions? 

There is workaround allowing you to leave bugged Painted Mask quest as is.

You should agree to side with RDC and then choose to refuse to help them, guys become hostile and you have to wipe out imperial command. After that queen becomes quite happy and her dialog ends sending you to Ukaizo without dealing with Wahaki.

Yeah I have the same problem. If I try to talk about Aloth's questline she says it's not the time for idle chatter. As soon as I talk about their tension it leads to the Crookspur which I have already dealt with, then to the fact that Rauatai is occupying the island now and I then have 3 answers. 1. RDC has plans for Crookspur. 2. Skillcheck. You left no leader what did you think would happen? and 3. Say nothing. All lead to her not wanting to talk anymore.

I cleared out Crookspur and the RDC moved in the moment I boarded my ship. I delivered the slave master's head to the leader of the Wahaka and she expressed gratitude (and never complained about the RDC). However, I cleared out Crookspur at her behest, which is probably the reason why she remained friendly with me even after the RDC occupation.

Same problem, trying to follow the Painted Masks plotline with Aloth.

Followed the Vailian questline and killed the pirates at Crookspur, freed all the slaves.

Went to Ori o Koiki and looked at the mural and offering bowl and other things with evidence of the Leaden Key.

Spoke to Rusana. No matter what choice I select with her, she stops talking to me. I cannot read her soul and continue Aloth's quest.

Help!

2 months later; still an issue :/

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee