Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why are half the companions trying to get in my pants?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

The Sharmat

The Sharmat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 847 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Ryz: The word playersexual isn't even in that post, sorry you were triggered so hard by that one time I used it. I clarified later that I was mistaken and in reality everyone but Edér was bisexual. Which I suppose is very slightly better writing. But I still can't imagine it is the way it is for any reason other than power fantasy.

Yes I'm triggered by people using terms improperly and spewing their uniformed views all over the place that they regurgitated from some other uniformed person. It's extremely tiresome to see that constantly repeated by people who don't even know what they're talking about go on and on about it. That said you did admit you were wrong so thank you for that. That bit wasn't even directed towards you if it was I'd specified you instead of saying people. Cause you can't seriously believe you're the only one using that term on these boards. You have agreed with posts using that term so you know it's not just you.

Like what sense would it make for me to say people in general if I meant you in particular?

As for power fantasy it's a video game. Power fantasy is part of their bread and butter. If an RPG was to be realistic your PC wouldn't have nearly the amount of influence over how the factions win/lose as they do.

Like the bs excuses are so tiresome. You don't like it. That's fine. (General you to make this clear)That doesn't mean it's not immersive or its some extreme outlier in all the other crap that's in the game. Why can't people just say they don't like something and leave it at that? Why all the bs justifications? Like if they had did this with established characters and you're like "that's not how they were before." I'd get it. But they used new characters for a reason.

Regarding the OP I also get the aggravation on NPCs hitting on the PC first. But I really haven't experienced that? Even Xoti despite the clear thirst hasn't openly hit on my character in this play-through so I'm wondering if it's a dialogue trigger.

No it does make it very nonimmersive for people that don't like power fantasies. Obsidian was supposed to be above this kind of thing but it seems to have given up. It's disappointing. My character would have less power over factions? Good! That would be interesting. Imagine having to navigate between the levers of power in a world where people don't inherently bow to your will, having to make difficult choices for unassured outcomes and never quite getting what you want. Sounds interesting. Much more interesting than another "which faction u want to win/which waifu/husbando u want fam?"

I'm using hyperbole here naturally but it's sad that not only do people not seem to want games to try this, but they get mad that people even want a small niche of the market to have this and complain about it. There's plenty of Bioware RPGs out there. Let people with more, dare I say it, adult tastes have one.

• yoyolll likes this

daven

daven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 395 posts

Ya know, maybe i'm starting to come round to the idea that maybe my character is just like David Beckham or something. The kind of guy who makes women want him, and men want.. to be women.

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No it does make it very nonimmersive for people that don't like power fantasies. Obsidian was supposed to be above this kind of thing but it seems to have given up. It's disappointing. My character would have less power over factions? Good! That would be interesting. Imagine having to navigate between the levers of power in a world where people don't inherently bow to your will, having to make difficult choices for unassured outcomes and never quite getting what you want. Sounds interesting. Much more interesting than another "which faction u want to win/which waifu/husbando u want fam?"

I'm using hyperbole here naturally but it's sad that not only do people not seem to want games to try this, but they get mad that people even want a small niche of the market to have this and complain about it. There's plenty of Bioware RPGs out there. Let people with more, dare I say it, adult tastes have one.

Much of the game is a power fantasy however is my point. Also Obsidian above this sort of thing? Uh both MOTB and FNV has your character far more influential than they should be. Also where are you getting people bowing to your will in deadfire? Like the only person who does is Eothas with the ending. They're all using you (much like in NV). Like you help a faction win yes but that certainly doesn't mean they'll do what you want them to do. As for waifu/husbando yep you get one of 4 options yes. Most games with optional romances in them tend to give you more than one option.

There aren't actually. Like if you want to list rpgs with customizable female protagonists that allow you to romance a male that's not a visual novel? There's really really not a lot. BioWare are one of the few devs that do it to be honest.

Also adult tastes? :rolleyes:

I've seen far more complaining from those who don't want romances in a game about romances than I have people who want romances in games that don't.

Edited by Ryz009, 18 May 2018 - 09:34 AM.

Skazz

Skazz

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ya know, maybe i'm starting to come round to the idea that maybe my character is just like David Beckham or something. The kind of guy who makes women want him, and men want.. to be women.

Um... I'm afraid your age is showing, sir.

daven

daven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 395 posts

What dya mean?! AM I that out of touch?

• Aridea, Skazz and Ryz009 like this

Lexi

Lexi

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts

Have you seen him lately? Guys still hot.

• Ryz009 likes this

Skazz

Skazz

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Have you seen him lately? Guys still hot.

Sure. Still, it's a choice that sounds a little passé. :ninja:

• Ryz009 likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2191 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Or Bullet Tooth Tonny
https://youtu.be/1crhwQPKr7w

Nokturnal Lex

Nokturnal Lex

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

Someone should mod it so each character has a randomized sexual orientation each time you start a new game. Making it so even if you want to romance a character that character might not be sexually attracted to you, just like real life. Of course if there's going to be Bisexuals, there needs to be Pansexuals and Asexuals, also Eder should have a random chance to be a furry. (The dude really likes animals what can I say)

Could even take it a step further and have them be sexually attractive to different races and muscle tone. Taking how much Might your character has into effect.

Edited by Nokturnal Lex, 18 May 2018 - 06:30 PM.

Aridea

Aridea

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I don't think thats technically possible, since there doesn't seem to be a check for player's gender.

So sorry

Ya know, maybe i'm starting to come round to the idea that maybe my character is just like David Beckham or something. The kind of guy who makes women want him, and men want.. to be women.

What dya mean?! AM I that out of touch?

Yeah, nowadays it seems its Justin Bieber thats all the rage.

Edited by Aridea, 18 May 2018 - 07:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users