Why are half the companions trying to get in my pants?

I'd say it totally depends on the crew and their dispositions. I have 120 hours already with couple of unfinished playthroughs and one completed game and my Watcher had been propositioned ONLY ONCE by the crew, while Orlan's head came up at least 15 times.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I'd say it totally depends on the crew and their dispositions. I have 120 hours already with couple of unfinished playthroughs and one completed game and my Watcher had been propositioned ONLY ONCE by the crew, while Orlan's head came up at least 15 times.

My Orlan certainly won't mind that with Serafen.

Oh, you're talking about the knife game.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 2

gimp mask and a car battery

W-what is the battery for?

Well said person has just assumed you like a little light electrocution while tied up in a gimp mask. So they climb into your bed with a gimp mask and a battery for some fun. Oh what you don't what a little light electrocution? Are you sure, it gets lonely in here. Okay, my bad, I'll see you up on deck. 

Edited by drael6464
  • Like 2

Is Aloth the only one who doesn't express interest unless you do?

Xoti showed zero interest in my character in 15 hours so far and I'm not romancing anyone.

How did you manage that? She was thirsting over my character the moment they met.

Maybe she doesn't like orlan that much? I never had her in the negative, but I did avoid picking "too nice" dialogue options early on if that makes sense.

Then she is not into pale elves either, and neither any other companion. We must be doing something wrong here - or! - "complainers" do, because so far the only one actively inviting my character was a prostitute in a brothel.

Exactly this!

Edited by Mirandel

Never mind the companions. I can't keep my pirates at bay. I've had three ship's crew burst into my quarters and think we are going to have mad, ravenous sex. Joe

My ship crew doesn't love me, they prefer to play Orlan's Head and the image they use looks strangely like my Watcher...
Ha! I was so upset there was no special reaction for an orlan Captain.

But... there is! I had different dialogue on my Wild Orlan, with special race tag in the text and all that. Basically, the sailors involved are horribly and predictably uncomfortable.

Maybe it depends on the personality types of the crew chosen for the event?

I'm playing a godlike with the Orlan base race, and honestly I'm surprised that I couldn't say something, too. I mean yeah, I'm a godlike...but I identify as an Orlan, too!

• Like 1

Xoti showed zero interest in my character in 15 hours so far and I'm not romancing anyone.

How did you manage that? She was thirsting over my character the moment they met.

Maybe she doesn't like orlan that much? I never had her in the negative, but I did avoid picking "too nice" dialogue options early on if that makes sense.

Then she is not into pale elves either, and neither any other companion. We must be doing something wrong here - or! - "complainers" do, because so far the only one actively inviting my character was a prostitute in a brothel.

My impression is that Xoti has a "I kinda like you" dialogue choice that people pick thinking it's just them being nice, when Xoti takes that in totally different way.

I also think Maia has one: the dialogue option where you try to call Ishiza the way she does in her "intro-convo". I haven't tested it out, but going by how the first step after starting that relationship is to get food for the bird it seems to make sense.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Well, it is a bit confusing, that half the charakters are bi and horny as hell.

Ok, Tekehu is exact that kind of personalty, but the rest.

So i cant answer the question of the thread, but i guess the dev want to do a favor of the many fans, who wants a romance.

Well, i like romances too, but here i said to everyone - lets stay friends. The only Companion, i would romance, is Eder, and he is not romancable - thats life. ^^

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

My impression is that Xoti has a "I kinda like you" dialogue choice that people pick thinking it's just them being nice, when Xoti takes that in totally different way.

I also think Maia has one: the dialogue option where you try to call Ishiza the way she does in her "intro-convo". I haven't tested it out, but going by how the first step after starting that relationship is to get food for the bird it seems to make sense.

Concerning Maia: you mean the one right after recruiting her, right? 'Cause when I picked it, it only followed up with Maia saying it's a pretty good attempt (perhaps because of me being a chanter), Eder being his animal loving self to the point where even Ishiza's weirded out by it, then Maia asking deadpan whether Eder hit his head recently or something like that.

No "romance" content I took note off, and what I presume to be the regular romance convo fired several hours of play later.

Xoti's like a puppy, she loves everyone who gives her attention. Except Pallegina.

Concerning Maia: you mean the one right after recruiting her, right? 'Cause when I picked it, it only followed up with Maia saying it's a pretty good attempt (perhaps because of me being a chanter), Eder being his animal loving self to the point where even Ishiza's weirded out by it, then Maia asking deadpan whether Eder hit his head recently or something like that.

No "romance" content I took note off, and what I presume to be the regular romance convo fired several hours of play later.

Yeah that one. I didn't mean to say that it was a direct romance option, just that it raise Maia's interest in the Watcher to a more than professional relationship. Although, I didn't get any other convo from her until 2 hours later myself, lol.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yeah that one. I didn't mean to say that it was a direct romance option, just that it raise Maia's interest in the Watcher to a more than professional relationship. Although, I didn't get any other convo from her until 2 hours later myself, lol.

I can attest to it making me appreciate her more than "Loyal rauatai spy with big gun" thanks to her dry reaction to Eder's antics, but didn't catch any increased interest myself. I've been told i'm notably oblivious to that though, so don't take my word for it ;).