Why are half the companions trying to get in my pants?

I've been talking to them for about 5 minutes and they immediately bring up sex. 

It feels so ham-fisted and forced. 

I just have to tell them to shut the hell up cos we're on an important mission, they can go to the brothel on their own time god dammit.

Edited by daven
  • Like 10

nowt

Everyone is bisexual and sex mad. 

Why

Because god forbid somebody will complain that they can't romance anybody with anybody  :rolleyes:

But now somebody might complain that everyone is bisexual and sex mad!

If only Obsidian would find a way to please everyone. Yeah that's what they tried by making everyone bisexual. But they didn't take into account the people who would dislike that.

• Like 6

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

But now somebody might complain that everyone is bisexual and sex mad!

If only Obsidian would find a way to please everyone. Yeah that's what they tried by making everyone bisexual. But they didn't take into account the people who would dislike that.

I did complain, but I got bashed by LGBTs in the romance thread. So better not try anything there  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

In my opinion the whole romance thing is one of the few things Dragon Age: Inquisition did right, every romanceable character has their own preferences. One man is bisexual, one is heterosexual and one is only interested in female elves. This isn't a bad thing, it's a reflection of reality.

• Like 16

In my opinion the whole romance thing is one of the few things Dragon Age: Inquisition did right, every romanceable character has their own preferences. One man is bisexual, one is heterosexual and one is only interested in female elves. This isn't a bad thing, it's a reflection of reality.

not really . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Very true. I like seeing a representation of reality - everyone wants to be included but that doesn't mean everyone has to be bi/pan etc. 

• Like 5

Is Aloth the only one who doesn't express interest unless you do?

Seems so, but that at least is explained well in the game. He's a nerd, who values privacy and is uncomfortable getting close with people because of his past and living so long with obnoxious Iselmyr.

Trying to get into your pants? Well, they are mighty fine pants, and pantwear in the Deadfire is at a premium after every soiled their's after seeing a giant adra statue powered by a supposedly dead god wandered through. Though I suspect the pants market will crash like the dot com boom when people start realising they can just wash their old pants or make new ones.

• Like 9

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Xoti showed zero interest in my character in 15 hours so far and I'm not romancing anyone.

How did you manage that? She was thirsting over my character the moment they met.

As for the OP half the companions? Tek and Xoti aren't half the companions so :rolleyes: Yes they both hit on the PC pretty aggressively. You can also turn them down immediately and keep it moving. I'm not sure about Maia but Aloth doesn't bring up romance unless you bring it up first in my experience.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 2

Xoti showed zero interest in my character in 15 hours so far and I'm not romancing anyone.

How did you manage that? She was thirsting over my character the moment they met.

Maybe she doesn't like orlan that much? I never had her in the negative, but I did avoid picking "too nice" dialogue options early on if that makes sense.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Very true. I like seeing a representation of reality - everyone wants to be included but that doesn't mean everyone has to be bi/pan etc. 

Ah, yes. There is nothing I love seeing more in my fantasy games then reflections of reality. Well, except for the magic. And dragons. And sexy talking swords. I mean, those are all fine, but I definitely draw the line at bisexuals. Like, a society thats not hung up on gender? Well, that just is taking things too far. 

• Like 10