Any chance to complete Eder quest without ship battle?

what do you mean ?

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

and you have to do his quest..to chase a ship? (Sorry..brain is going slow here) . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Look..upgrade your ship . Pause the game , find the ship you need to chase and click it . I did the quest and I wasn't attacked . And if you do get attacked , you can always try to evade them . 

Edited by E.RedMark

Elderly Hive Dweller

Unfortunately, the area where the quest ship is headed is plagued by 4 - 5 aggressive enemy ones. The only options available to you are:

1) Fight them all, one way or another. I elected to keep selected Full Ahead or whatever and boarded them once in range and killed the crew.

2) Evade them.

3) Fight some to restore Morale, and evade the rest.

4) Try to intercept the ship before it reaches that area.

Also, as a warning, the quest is timed. You need to intercept the ship before it stops for a chance at a positive outcome.

Edited by SunDD
  • Like 1

Also, as a warning, the quest is timed. You need to intercept the ship before it stops for a chance at a positive outcome.

I didn't know that was an option. I'll have to try that next time and now I'm wondering if there are other time sensitive quests that I didn't realize.

Thanks!

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I didn't know that was an option. I'll have to try that next time

Thanks!

To be honest I'm unsure. I don't really know which path the ship takes; I only know the destination. I also know that it approaches it while moving from the left side of the screen. I am assume that it leaves Nekataka, sails north Towards Ashen Maw, then possibly turns East.

I've only seen the ship moving around in the area around its final destination. I also know that you must intercept it while in motion for a chance at the positive outcome. If it is stationary, then you can only get a negative outcome.

Using this knowledge, and logic, I'm assuming that you can possibly intercept it before hand somewhere on the map.

Edited by SunDD

If you don't like battling with the ship, the junk with all the speed upgrades you can get would be the best choice for escaping. I always got away with that one, whereas with the default ship I could get up to round 60+ of trying to escape before reloading. Also, you can keep an eye on the map while sailing and if you see another ship, pause ansd change course to avoid them. Either that or get the galleon and fight them I guess.

Anyway, I myself can't even find the ship in question xD It said it left the harbour but where it went, I have no clue.

nvAeseu.png

If you don't like battling with the ship, the junk with all the speed upgrades you can get would be the best choice for escaping. I always got away with that one, whereas with the default ship I could get up to round 60+ of trying to escape before reloading. Also, you can keep an eye on the map while sailing and if you see another ship, pause ansd change course to avoid them. Either that or get the galleon and fight them I guess.

Anyway, I myself can't even find the ship in question xD It said it left the harbour but where it went, I have no clue.

Its destination is just off the coast of Magran's Teeth (east from Ashen Maw). Specifically in the vicinity of the word "Teeth" in the game world. It approaches that point from the West. You must intercept it while it is still moving to have any chance of getting a positive outcome.

The area around magran teeth has a bunch of red flag pirate that doesn't seem to belong to any faction so they will attack you. If you're losing ship battles then your ship isn't really upgraded or you're rushing through the story causing you to lose the boarding fight from lack of gear and level. These battles are actually way easier that the early ships because some of them are steel knights and they can't even leap across, making it so that they are forced to go through the front line to do anything.